Razer Seirēn Recording Mic

GriggsCK

I never thought Razer would make one stand alone recording mic, but it is overpriced it seems, $180. 

http://www.razerzone.com/ap-en/gaming-audio/razer-seiren

PS: I can't seems to find the search function, so parton if this is a repost. 

Edit: Melonie Mac first impression of the mic. Sound test start in 4:30.

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

Seirēn? Let's try to be more pretentious, why don't we.

That's Razer for yall.

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

I'm bit sceptic with this Razer mic. They don't have good headphones/earphones, and now make (self-acclaimed) pro studio-grade headphone.
If they didn't make it good as another mic from trusted company mic-maker (like Shure or audio-technica), please, just stay focus to make gaming gear. But if they make it good, congrats.

I'm bit sceptic with this Razer mic. They don't have good headphones/earphones, and now make (self-acclaimed) pro studio-grade headphone.

If they didn't make it good as another mic from trusted company mic-maker (like Shure or audio-technica), please, just stay focus to make gaming gear. But if they make it good, congrats.

The ultimate irony is that professionals don't use Razer.

Yeah, but the mic on the Kraken 7.1 is actually not bad, at least better than most headset out anyway. (Mic quality, not sound quality). So this recording mic might be not bad after-all. The price though. Either way, we will only know after someone like Linus, Hardware canucks, or Tek syndicate review it.

Edit: Melonie Mac first impression of the mic. Sound test start in 4:30.

Those are a nice pair of krakens, aren't they....  :P  Anyways, for right around 150 you can get an at2020usb, a pop filter, a shock mount, and a clamp/swivel on desk boom arm..... I feel like razer is trying a bit to hard at this point. Cool, release a mic, but at least release it at a competitive price to similar microphones  (at2020usb). Also, for the bundle with the Shock mount and pop filter from razer, its 230 (usd). Anyways, I wouldn't buy one even if it was at a competitive price to the at2020usb, I would just buy the at2020...

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Is it just me or dose it have a slight shift in the highs?

and the Blue Yeti is still cheaper so why care

The sad thing is people are still gonna buy it because razer has managed to convince people they make good products.

Those a nice pair of krakens, aren't they....  :P

I see what you did there. 

The sad thing is people are still gonna buy it because razer has managed to convince people they make good products.

Their products are good looking (most), sadly the price, and quality.

oh crap that mic test is terrible

erm? I think it's not bad.

Their products are good looking (most), sadly the price, and quality.

Oh yeh their art/design team are amazing. But its more fashion rather than function in the actual products

for $180 its horrible. THe Audio Technica mic Tek syndicate uses is half the price and sounds better.

Sadly it seems like the rest of Razers line, horribly overpriced products that look amazing. 

It's very sharp / peaky, huh?  The AT2020 USB definitely is a better option and better quality.  Razer is trying to be the, "Go to solution for all gamer needs", but trying to aim a product at 'professionals" is weird, given that they said their Kraken Pro's would've been the; "Best headphones ever and all you need, period." but they were bassy, expensive, and not really special except for that sexy housing.  As @Clarkey pointed out - overpriced products that look amazing.

Not that bad? For the price it should be fantastic. The test bit was rather clippy and distorted. Chalk it up to incorrect settings if you want, but her whole review was based on the setup being easy.

If I had a $1 for every time it peaked in that test with her talking like normal... It hurt my ears... :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Darkman hit the nail on the head, if she new how to position and setup a mic, it probably wouldn't of sounded that bad...

Build Modulus

[x] Intel Core i7 3770 [x] PNY xlr8 16gb(2x8) 1600mhz [x] Asus Strix 970 [x] Corsair h90, 3x corsair sp140, 1x Corsair af120 [x] ASRock Z77 Extreme4 [x] NZXT S340 [x] EVGA superNOVA NEX 650w [x] Asus xonar DG,Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro (80ohms), PreSonus M7, PreSonus AudioBox [x] WASD keyboard 104 key(Mx Brown) [x] Corsair M65 RGB [x] WD Blue 1TB 7200 HDD, WD passport 1tb [x] Asus VN247H-P, BenQ 2420Z [x]

Cycling Gear

[x] Giant Defy 5 [x] CamelBak Classic 2L [x] Nishiki Socorro [x] Giro Bravo Blue Jewel/Black [x] Midland Xtra-Talk w/ Headset (For Group Rides) [x] Casio G-Shock G100-1BV [x] Zefal Saddle Bag [x] Giant Control Mini MTB+ Frame Pump [x] Schwinn Expanding Cage [x] 2* Giant 700c*25c Tubes - Presta Valve [x] 2* Tire Levers [x] Stanley Allen Key Set [x] Mini-Lock For Saddle Bag [x]

Darkman hit the nail on the head, if she new how to position and setup a mic, it probably wouldn't of sounded that bad...

Can say the same about $7 Zalman Clip-ons.

Damnit man... I'm slightly curious... I kind of want to buy... but it's Razer... God dammit... I hate Razer... but I'm still interested... 

O wait... now i watched the video... nope.

nope. nope...

Can say the same about $7 Zalman Clip-ons.

I'm not giving the mic any props, I think its way overpriced for what it is, and, don't understand why everyone wouldn't just be buying something like an at2020usb, I Thought I would just point out that the person who recorded the video needs to figure out how to set up a microphone... And I agree, you could.

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

Not that bad? For the price it should be fantastic. The test bit was rather clippy and distorted. Chalk it up to incorrect settings if you want, but her whole review was based on the setup being easy.

It's a "first impression", for the price it should be amazing, but it's Razer, we have to take that into account, they always screw something up and asking for too much money. 

Edit: And my "not bad" is meant for the way she does it, not the sound quality.

It's a "first impression", for the price it should be amazing, but it's Razer, we have to take that into account, they always screw something up and asking for too much money. 

Edit: And my "not bad" is meant for the way she does it, not the sound quality.

Razer stuffs are generally way too overpriced (not everything) but in terms of audio, they're just bad. No reason to grab this over the field-tested and cheaper blue yeti or even to just grab a blue snowball, it's already a fantastic mic for 1/3 of the price of that razer "mic"

Also, If she is sponsored by razer, and, it looks like it, a pair of krakens and the seiren, then I would have tried to make the mic sound good. Really, If I was razer and watched her video, I would be hitting up her email, maybe even talking about cutting off a sponsorship, because, unless the mic really sounds that bad with proper setup, then, she messed everything up.

Build Modulus

Cycling Gear

http://puu.sh/dstAw.wma

Here's a test from my yeti, it sounds miles better lol.

KvsZ0Qf.jpg

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089