T-Mobile announces $100 unlimited LTE family plan

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.droid-life.com/2014/12/09/t-mobile-unlimited-family-plan/

If you think T-Mobile couldn't get any better, then you're just plain wrong! An unlimited LTE plan through TMo costs $80 a month for an individual line, but with this new plan, you and somebody else can jump on a family plan together and pay only $100 a month and you both get unlimited LTE!

As a side note, TMo is bringing back their other $100 family plan that allows for 4 people, each with 2.5GB of data

These plans will be available starting tomorrow

As another side note, here's a comparison chart.

T-Mobile.jpg

COMIC SANS

Are you sure unlimited LTE data? I have them ATM and it's limited to 1GB of high speed data, then it gets bottlenecked

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Are you sure unlimited LTE data? I have them ATM and it's limited to 1GB of high speed data, then it gets bottlenecked

Technically all of TMo's plans (except for a few) all have unlimited data. Most get 'X' amount of LTE then unlimited reduced speeds after that. 

This plan is 100% LTE all the time. 

COMIC SANS

This is great, I get  3GB of LTE every month, although it is technically unlimited, it gets throttled down to EDGE speeds after that, which is unbearable.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I wonder if I can switch to this plan from my current one... I'll go ask them tomorrow. Since after a couple of GB of data I no longer get LTE speeds I think.

Wait I just checked and the plan I currently have is also called "Simple Choice", hmm i'll still go tomorrow and ask.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Technically all of TMo's plans (except for a few) all have unlimited data. Most get 'X' amount of LTE then unlimited reduced speeds after that. 

This plan is 100% LTE all the time. 

sooper dooper cool. Now to see if i can switch to this plan.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Pretty great.  T-mobile making fools of the big guys as usual

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

I currently have 4 lines with 2gb of LTE per line. and then it slows for $100 a month from T-Mobile. Service is good at my home city and at my college, and for that price nothing comes close. Its also month to month so I can cancel whenever I want.

Why cant this come to australia :( my home adsl2 is 15mbps down and 800kbps up 500gb cap but on my 4g lte i get 50mbps down and 30mbps up i would disconnect my home internet to use 4g :(

Wait so the unlimited "family" plan is only for two people? Can you add more people to this plan?

answered

Wait so the unlimited "family" plan is only for two people? Can you add more people to this plan?

Yes its $40 a month extra per person. The limit is usually 5 lines

Uh, you do know that they have multiple plans, right? For individuals, it's 1GB, 3GB, 5GB, and Unlimited, each $10 more than the last tier. With this new plan, the 5GB plan is obsolete for families of 2-4.

Do not forget phone payment plans which can run up to $25 per phone. I have no confirmation of this but you will likely be forced to purchase a new phone from them if you aren't already on their network or have a phone that functions on their network. This $25 in a family of four amounts to an additional $100, putting the bill at $280. 

Do not forget phone payment plans which can run up to $25 per phone. I have no confirmation of this but you will likely be forced to purchase a new phone from them if you aren't already on their network or have a phone that functions on their network. This $25 in a family of four amounts to an additional $100, putting the bill at $280. 

Wait, so you mean that if someone doesn't have a phone, they'll need to get a phone!? :o:P

It can actually be higher than $25 btw. Mine is $27.08 per month. It's still cheaper than the competition though, especially if you're a family of super heavy data users and some of you don't need top-of-the-line phones, or if you just buy your phones outright normally anyway.

they only limit data so they can justify more expensive plans with nocaps/more data. i suppose its a little to do with reducing the total bandwidth they have to support at anyone time (due to people not using the network because they hit the cap eg less concurrent users) i think it would be better if they just said everyone gets free unlimited data with a guaranteed minimum speed but with the potential of higher speed and an increase in speed over time as they improve there infrastructure.

Totally false.  Bring your own GSM phone, they don't care

http://www.t-mobile.com/bring-your-own-phone.html

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

Just wait until they throttle you eventually. Same thing happened to sprint.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

i have their unlimited plan and pay 80 bucks for it. ive used 10 gigs of data this month and have yet to experience them bottle necks everyone talks about 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

they only limit data so they can justify more expensive plans with nocaps/more data. i suppose its a little to do with reducing the total bandwidth they have to support at anyone time (due to people not using the network because they hit the cap eg less concurrent users) i think it would be better if they just said everyone gets free unlimited data with a guaranteed minimum speed but with the potential of higher speed and an increase in speed over time as they improve there infrastructure.

If you've seen their financials, that would put them out of business within a year. Yes, it's arbitrary. However, that's business. They need money to build out that infrastructure any way you look at it. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I do think that they need a higher throttled speed, though. Right now it's 128Kbps. I think they should double that.

If you've seen their financials, that would put them out of business within a year. Yes, it's arbitrary. However, that's business. They need money to build out that infrastructure any way you look at it. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I do think that they need a higher throttled speed, though. Right now it's 128Kbps. I think they should double that.

Thats why i said minimum speed so sort of like how they already do it with fast data and then slower data. that way you dont waste higher speed data on a facebook update. and they only have to give you something like 400Kbps at peak traffic.

Thats why i said minimum speed so sort of like how they already do it with fast data and then slower data. that way you dont waste higher speed data on a facebook update. and they only have to give you something like 400Kbps at peak traffic.

What you're not understanding is that, by only having one low-cost plan, they'd end up having to reduce their infrastructure. It's just not sustainable to keep prices that low. Hell, people are expecting a bubble to burst with things as they are now. Sometimes, consumer-friendly practices just don't work from a business perspective.

Also, I don't get how everyone having 400Kbps during peak hours seems better to you than people having as much data as they want at the speed that they want. I guess I should mention that all data (other than speed tests and some music streaming services, and some random websites according to rumors) count toward the cap, since they can only exclude data based on where it comes from.

are there limits on data-tethering?

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

are there limits on data-tethering?

Yes. You can only tether for up to 5GB of data. 

COMIC SANS

even bottleknecked is considered unlimited

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015