Your top 5 games of the year?

eelnico09

Hi everyone, right now i can't find a game that would keep me playing for a straight hour, idk if it's the game or what, but for example with DarkSouls 2 i'd wake up or come from somewere and jump onto the game, same thing with watch dogs. But appart from those 2 games i can't seem to find a good game that's not online to keep me interested.

So i ask everyone who wants, to make a top 5 or top 10 of the games you have loved this year. Please don't add mmorpg's and mobas such as LoL, just offline single player games.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Oh... hm... I guess 2014 was kinda sucky for PC gaming. Still, you can try Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, Far Cry 4 and if you're into spacey-tradey-games - Elite: Dangerous.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

One thing i learned by having an extremely crappy laptop (going to get a better pc soon) is that "When you don't have enough newer games, go with older ones" :D

If there's no game from this year, play something older :D Or if you have a console laying around, play it :)

Or you can try searching for some obscure games that aren't all well known

One thing i learned by having an extremely crappy laptop (going to get a better pc soon) is that "When you don't have enough newer games, go with older ones" :D

FTL or Hotline Miami are your friends.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I really didn't play many new releases on PC this year.

But this is my Top 5 games I logged the most time in that I liked:

1. Audiosurf (I love listening to music and this makes it more entertaining)
  2. Modded Grand Theft Auto IV
  3. Tomb Raider (2013)
  4. The Stanley Parable
  5. Warframe

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Evil within 

Alien isolation

Rest of the games this year were just mediocre like shadows of mordor and far cry 4..... 

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

In no order

1. Advanced Warfare

2. Skyrim, always Skyrim

3. Borderlands TPS

4. Firefall

5. Burnout Paradise.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

do expansions count?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

i have only played two new games this year so

5dark souls 2

4ssb for 3ds

3dark souls 2

2ssb for 3ds

1dark souls 2

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

do expansions count?

Yeah, if you mean like WoD counts, it does.

Also, if we could keep it 2014 only it'd be cool, i mean i make it top 5, not 10, because there were not many awesome games this year, but still.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

FTL or Hotline Miami are your friends.

Don't want to risk it... This laptop overheated while playing GTA SA... I know i forgot to turn on the cooling pad, but still....

Also, it looks like FTL isn't my cup of tea, don't know about hotline miami, will check it :)

Was not interested in any PC game released this year... and my most anticipated title was not released in my country... blasted EA!!!

So I got Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. Wii U, Bayonetta 2, Strider and Kirby: Triple Deluxe.

Only one new game I have played this year and that is Binding Of Isaac Rebirth. Only been out a month and already logged 60 hours which is insane for me as I am working most days.

My rig: i5 2500k, MSI Z77A G45, Gainward GTX 980 Phantom, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, OCZ ZT series 750W PSU, 1TB HDD, 800D, fully water cooled. I am currently working on modding my HAF 912+ to fit a custom loop, here is the build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165963-project-viridis-water-cooled-haf-912/

In no particular order - 

Dragon Age Inquisition

Far Cry 4

Ryse Son Of Rome

Watchdogs

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure

There are 2 titles in particular i was looking forward to, but they both got shut down unfortunately. World Of Darkness & Warhammer 40k: Dark Millenium.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

1. COD AW

2. DA I

3. Pokemon ORAS

4. SSB

5. Evil Within/Alien Isolation

The Walking Dead: Season 2, The Wolf Among Us and Transistor are the only games from this year I've played but I enjoyed them all. Hoping to pick up some games from the next Steam sale.

Aside from issues aside, Watch Dogs, Don Bradman Cricket 14, maybe Far Cry 4, AC Unity

Not much PC gaming this year for newer games 

Finally got PS4 Pro

Dark Souls 2 and Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Dark Souls 2 isn't exceptionally good though. Those are the only games worth mentioning to me, which tells about the quality of games this year

Shadow of mordor. i really like it good combat. I like it better than the arkham games maybe because of the animations and you kill rather than knocking out the enemies.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

Dark Souls 2 and Divinity Original Sin are the only two that come to mind.

Wolf Among Us was also pretty fun.

Wargame: Red Dragon is very niche, but rather enjoyable in multiplayer

Shadow of mordor and Planetary annihilation are the only new games of this year i've played... i've only bought 1 of them so far... waiting for discount on steam for the other one :P

annihilation is awesome, but has its flaws, and it really needs dual monitor support :( i really miss it

I have no signature

1. The Wolf Among Us Episode 3

2. The Wolf Among Us Episode 4

3. The Wolf Among Us Episode 5

4. The Wolf Among Us Episode 1

5. The Wolf Among Us Episode 2

Honorable mention 1: Dreamfall: Chapters

Honorable mention 2: The Walking Dead season 2

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

1.Divinity Original Sin

2.Dragon Age Inquisition

3.Endless Legend

4.Metro LL Redux

5.Metro 2033 Redux

"It is complete. I have created a god. But I have no control over it."" -Ergo Proxy

Dragon age Inquisition

The Wolf among Us

The Walking Dead Season 2 (these are the only games I have from this year in order of preference)

Shadow of Mordor (watched a friend play it, looking forward to playing it myself)

Divinity Original Sin interests me greatly

Honourable mentions to Alien Isolation and Borderlands the Pre-Sequel

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

Offline Single Player PC:

1. Divinity: OS

2. Prison Architect

3. Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

4. The Walking Dead Season 2

Any 5 Games this year:

1. Hearthstone

2. WoW:WoD

3. Prison Architect

4. Mario Kart

5. SSB