emulating ps4 and Xbox one games

qwertywarrior

I doubt we will see an emulator for the xbone and ps4.

The hardware is too difficult to emulate.

I do not doubt we will see a program like wine for this gen consoles.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

I'm not very educated on how emulators work and stuff but isn't it possible to modify the os so that it can be compatible with various hardware and be installed as a real os on a hdd, so that there is no emulation needed?

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

first off I want to explain something about why somebody might want to emulate a PS2,with say PCSX2.

I have a PS2,I have since about half a year after it launched.I have maybe 15-20 games for it.certain games like 

-kingdom hearts series for PS2

-Sly Cooper series for PS2

-Jak and Daxter series for PS2 (too bad it's one of the few that glitches on pcsx2 :unsure:)

I love so much that I want to replay them at 1080p,or at 4k down sampled to 1080p.on PS2 even at the low resolution you'll have slowdowns on certain games occasionally,especially if it begins to overheat a bit as it does on warm days when you play for a few hours.On pcsx2 with decent hardware you can play it at higher internal resolutions,and most games textures seem as if they were made for higher resolutions,without any slowdowns provided you have a decent entry level pc (i5,gtx 660 [or higher],8GB ram).

there are exceptions as certain games still run terribly on PCSX2.

as to whether we have an emulator within 5 years,or ever.it depends on how well documented the GPU and CPU are,among other things.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

To be honest, I'm tempted to use try and use the PCSX2 emulator for PS2 so I may able to play my all time favorite game on PC, Though I'm not too sure on my currently resolution.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

To be honest, I'm tempted to use try and use the PCSX2 emulator for PS2 so I may able to play my all time favorite game on PC, Though I'm not too sure on my currently resolution.

if u own a PS3 and ur a big fan of SoTC and ICO

buy the HD edition that has both games in it

they remastered it a bit from the original ps2 version

its worth every scent those guys earned it by making a legendary game not to mention SotC won the best PS2 game title by IGN a year+ ago

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

if u own a PS3 and ur a big fan of SoTC and ICO

buy the HD edition that has both games in it

they remastered it a bit from the original ps2 version

its worth every scent those guys earned it by making a legendary game not to mention SotC won the best PS2 game title by IGN a year+ ago

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about but alright, and yes, I do possess a PS3 which is surprisingly still alive.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

A console emulator on PC to run PC designed x86 console games... The point of such a thing is?

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Aren't the dev kits from this  generation just PCs running emulators?  If the software on them was leaked it could be modded into a fully functional emulator.

I was thinking just that, emulating quick x86 HW will be very difficult!

Virtualising xbone OS however, might this work?

i was watching the live stream and linus commented saying

"ill be floored if we don't have xbox one ps4 emulators  very quickly this time around because its soo similar"

this is very untrue

the (first) Xbox with x86 a celeron cpu with a nvidia gpu  i wont go in detail about the specs but

its is almost impossible to emulate the (first) Xbox  to this day

here is a quote

we can finally put this issue to rest

it will be near impossible to emulate x86 consoles

the Xbox one has what 3 OSes running simultaneously

true emulating will be hard but i dont think we are going to have to emulate it

since this is already X86 windows based Kernel all we have to do is crack it and apply some sort of extra patches to it

and we might be able to directly run it from our pc hardware!

i dont se why we need to emulate it really...

Yes that is ONE GAME, the rest of the ones WHICH ARE EXCLUSIVES, where running on a PC, but are EXCLUSIVES to the xbox.

So they are locking the games to XBOX when they can easily be ran on PC's, for no other reason than to make more money for xbox.

The exclusives shown, will not look anywhere near that good when you buy the game for your console, its all a big lie.

Titanfall

Metal Gear Solid 5

Fifa 14

are not exclusives to the xbone they also come out on PC and PS4

so what ur saying is that DICE was showing a windows version  of BF4....

i guess they didnt have time to perfect the xbox version

i saw it happen before with other companies

but its always funny when it happens :D

if it was an console exclusive i would understand what you mean but it will be released on PC

heck most of the games that run on the xbox can be made of PC easily

whats ur point ? :huh:

it the same excuse apple has ( OSX MUST ONLY RUN ON MACS !! )

Exclusive or not the PC they were using was way more powerful than the XBone, since people would have thought performance should be identical it probably gave the impression that the XBox will be more powerful than it actually will be.

Also whoever said it was a GTX 700 GPU doesn't know his GPUs because that:

_1371234242.jpg

Looks like a reference 680... still that's way more powerful.

true emulating will be hard but i dont think we are going to have to emulate it

since this is already X86 windows based Kernel all we have to do is crack it and apply some sort of extra patches to it

and we might be able to directly run it from our pc hardware!

i dont se why we need to emulate it really...

the xbone runs 3 operating system simultaneously

thats the problem

if it was just running one windows OS we could have   done something but

running 3 at the same time is a pain

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

he means shadow of collosus and Ico

I haven't played either one.

if you need help with PCSX2 feel free to PM me  :),I'd be glad to try and help.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

Yes that is ONE GAME, the rest of the ones WHICH ARE EXCLUSIVES, where running on a PC, but are EXCLUSIVES to the xbox.

So they are locking the games to XBOX when they can easily be ran on PC's, for no other reason than to make more money for xbox.

The exclusives shown, will not look anywhere near that good when you buy the game for your console, its all a big lie.

Yep, that's the idea behind exclusives. MS and Sony pay dev/publisher 'x' to produce only for them. You can hardly blame MS or Sony for this, that's what sells console, exclusives.

the xbone runs 3 operating system simultaneously

thats the problem

if it was just running one windows OS we could have   done something but

running 3 at the same time is a pain

thats not a problem its not like they are heavy OS

1 for games 1 for apps and 1 for switching in between them

all you gotta do is add extra code to the existing software in order to make it work on the pc

its not a hardware issue! PC's are powerfull enough to run this software NATIVELY without Emulators.

you just gotta be smart enough to crack and patch it to make it work natively on the pc

and by this u gotta install it onto your harddrive from the bios

Titanfall

Metal Gear Solid 5

Fifa 14

are not exclusives to the xbone they also come out on PC and PS4

I said the ones which ARE exclusives.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Yep, that's the idea behind exclusives. MS and Sony pay dev/publisher 'x' to produce only for them. You can hardly blame MS or Sony for this, that's what sells console, exclusives.

I think his point was that the graphics for those exclusives is significantly worse than what was shown since it was played on pc.

though who knows they could have played it on a XBone emulator (yeah they have them),or they could have ported the game to pc,asked the dev's to port it.

and it may have equal graphics or it may not.it depends if they 

-upscaled the games

-ran them at higher settings than allowed on XBone 

one thing is for sure though,the games definitely ran much smoother on the pc than they would on the XBone.

Linus Sebastian said:

I said the ones which ARE exclusives.

which are wat?

2 titles?

Halo and that stupid garden game?

imho thats NOT worth a console AT ALL

oh yeah Ryse make it 3 exclusives...

which are wat?

2 titles?

Halo and that stupid garden game?

imho thats NOT worth a console AT ALL

oh yeah Ryse make it 3 exclusives...

Erm from top of my head....

Dead Rising 3

Crimson Dragon

Below

Forza 5

Halo

Minecraft (lol)

Quantum break

Ryse

Project Spark

Sunset Overdrive

Killer Instinct

Rabbits Invasion

Zumba Party Fitness

United Black Tusk

Not all triple A titles, but exclusives non the less :D

PS: They butchered dead rising 3 :(

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

he means shadow of collosus and Ico

I haven't played either one.

if you need help with PCSX2 feel free to PM me  :),I'd be glad to try and help.

Alright thanks, I've watched 1 video, 1, on my favorite game being emulated (Only one on youtube I think), there was sound problems though so I'm not all too sure.

Alright thanks, I've watched 1 video, 1, on my favorite game being emulated (Only one on youtube I think), there was sound problems though so I'm not all too sure.

which game?

Linus Sebastian said:

Time Splitters: Future Perfect

which game?

Timesplitters: Future Perfect, Disregard my other post.