Ubisoft Removes "God Rays" from PS4 version of Far Cry 4

Ubisoft and Graphics Downgrade controversy are two side of the same coin, we have seen it with "Watch Dogs and numerous other games" and now it seems like "Far Cry 4" has been added to this never ending list. Recently, Ubisoft released a brand new patch for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 versions of Far Cry 4 to address numerous issues with in the game.

According to report coming out from YouTube users "NX Gamer" and "Rebel Leader", the God Ray has been removed from PlayStation 4 version of Far Cry 4, and as an evidence the following two comparison footages are shared:

Before & After Video:

Bug, Glitch, or Visual Downgrade? What do you think is the most possible scenario since this is Ubisoft?

Source: http://www.gamepur.com/news/17165-latest-far-cry-4-ps4-patch-removes-god-rays-feature-it-bug-or-downgrade.html

#Ubishaft

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Maybe to increase the FPS?

Oh wait, they are locked to 30FPS...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Hey at least it's not skyrim patch 1.6 on ps4 view distance was so low I had people shooting arrows at me and I couldnt even see them wtf

Inb4peoplegoonaboutpcmasterrace.

dude, you have a keyboard, use the space bar.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Maybe they were getting too many drops below 30 fps? *shrug*

The conspiracy version is that XBOX 1 never had God Rays, maybe Microsoft or Ubisoft wanted parity? It's also an NVIDIA exclusive feature, so that could have something to do with it as well (since consoles are using AMD hardware).

I turned off god rays on my pc, I tried them in every setting... the game looks better with them off IMHO...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

So... they have to go and sabotage even the games they release in a pretty good state? lol

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So where's your god now, console players? Dat pun 

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

It's kind of a dumb effect but still why the hell would you remove a feature unless it is causing a problem?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

So where's your god now, console players?

to busy playing AC:U at 30fps

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

to busy playing AC:U at 30fps

Moar like 24 fps lol

#cinematicexperience

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Moar like 24 fps lol

#cinematicexperience

Rekt

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

It's kind of a dumb effect but still why the hell would you remove a feature unless it is causing a problem?

Maybe it was causing a problem, or will cause a problem with a future release, If you were Ubisoft and you discovered a problem would you tell the community about it or try to fix it discretely?

I wonder how many people who posted here actually play farcry on the PS4? in fact I wonder how many even have a PS4?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Maybe to increase the FPS?

Oh wait, they are locked to 30FPS...

There's no such thing as being "locked" to an FPS unless its a pre-rendered video. You can cap or limit the FPS. But you cannot "lock" an FPS on a live real-time rendered interactive game. The only way to accomplish that effect is to have powerful enough hardware that you never go below said frame rate in the most demanding portion of the game.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Honestly I think they both look fine though lol.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Maybe it was causing a problem, or will cause a problem with a future release, If you were Ubisoft and you discovered a problem would you tell the community about it or try to fix it discretely?

I wonder how many people who posted here actually play farcry on the PS4? in fact I wonder how many even have a PS4?

I got a ps4 it's totally messed up with the 2.3 update tho I'm at the system software update its been 20 minutes ugh it's been really slow and has crashed a lot recently

I'm not sure when it happened, but at some point, talking about Ubisoft's problems started feeling like...

dead-horse.gif

Ubisoft seems set on their anti-pc (and apparently now Sony) ways.

The only thing that's going to change that is if people stop buying their games, and the best way to do that is to raise awareness about what Ubi is doing in the name of parity.

So no, I don't think it's beating a dead horse. This is a horse that's still going on a rampage and causing trouble.

According to other individuals it had no problem sustaining 30 fps even with the God Rays, makes no sense.

I played FC4 and Destiny frequently on PS4.  FC4 didn't 'feel' like 30 FPS (felt lower) as the way it does with Destiny.  But true, I don't have a real FPS meter, so I can't tell for sure.

#Ubifucked

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs