Which is the most underrated company in your opinion?

Revel

So, I notice how noone claiming a company is underrated gives an explanation on why they shouldn't be.
I could say Streets by 50 is underrated, but I would have a hard time convincing anybody of that because they're objectively bad.

So, I notice how noone claiming a company is underrated gives an explanation on why they shouldn't be.

I could say Streets by 50 is underrated, but I would have a hard time convincing anybody of that because they're objectively bad.

Yeah one of the reasons I don't really like this thread. 9 out of 10 posts are just:

"Insert company name here I like"

Some people are even listing companies that have an extremely high reputation, like Fractal Design or Seasonic.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Monoprice man nobody knows who they are!

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

Do you honestly think people underrate Fractal? Especially here? LTT forum may as well be "Define R4 Hard-on Forum now with ASUS cireclejerk", as far as builds are concerned xD

(To be fair, I think their products are great, but they are slightly overrated in my opinion).

Hahah yeah so true. The Define R4 is pretty much the most suggested (and used) case in build guides... well... ever.

FTFY. Yeah, if you use 'quiet' and 'mid-tower' in one sentence guaranteed the R4 gets recommended. Need some different build logs to break things up.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Cougar for sure i have 3 fans they are great seriously push a good deal of air through my 300r even with the fan filter and useless front fan restrictions for the top fan

Power color and Zotac have been getting a lot better from what i have been hearing.

rosewill and seasonic ( all CM power supplies are made by seasonic, they make other brands aswell )

Team Elite for their budget RAM. (and just RAM in general)

Never heard of them? yeah, welcome to Japan.

I bought a 1600 kit for my rig and even though the DIMMs don't have heatspreaders, the PCBs are black, so they look baller anyway.

Audio Technica -- HOLD ON, HEAR ME OUT!!!! PLEASE! -- For their open headphones. Literally every man and his dog have heard anti-Beats AT fanboys whip out the same old dead beaten-horse of the M50xs (closed headphones) and it drives literally everyone round the bend, me included. But literally no-one suggests any of their open headphones, which have cleaner, larger sound stages than either the MxxX series or the beats. (a bit hypocritical of me as I'm rocking M30xs -- they were cheap.)

Hitachi -- for their hard drives. Mine has a huge dent in it and it runs like a dream, as it has done for presumably 7 years. No signs of failure.

Novatech! rarely anyone has heard of em, very high quality and inexpensive products.

apple 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

ASRock. I don't get why some say their boards are crap...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

This discussion is about computer hardware. Apple does not make computer hardware.

Hi there, uhmmmmmmm, what?

Can you please elaborate?

Last time I checked, Apple does indeed make computer hardware. Sure, you have to buy a Mac to get that hardware, but the OP did not specifically limit this thread to "replaceable parts only". Lots of other people are talking about headphones like Beats for example. Yet you choose to single out a guy who posts about Apple?

Why?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Mostly in the title. What company that does computer parts etc. do you think is the most underrated? In my opinion it's Be-Quiet. They have awesome prices and great quality parts for the money.

What we've got this far:

Acer: Monitors.

Adata:

Anker: Amazing mice for the money.

Antec: Power supplys.

AOC:

Asrock:

Be-Quiet: Awesome fans & Cooling.

Biostar: Motherboards

Blacknoise:

Club3D:

Cougar: Good fans for the price & some cases.
Cooler Master & CM storm: Good peripherals and cases.
Creative Labs. They make quality headsets for the money.
Cryorig: Good build quality.
Dbrand:
Dell: Business line.
EVGA: Power supplys
Foxconn:
Flextronics: Power supplys
G.Skill: They make high profile memory, but people choose other brands, such as Corsair.
Gamdias: Mice.
Harman Kardon: Headphones.
Kingston: RAM.
LEPA:
LianLi: Big towers.
Mad Catz: Gaming peripherals.
Mionix: Mice.

Nokia:

Noiseblockers:
Panasonic:
Phanteks:
Phantom Glass:
Philips: Awesome products that doesn't get the attention they deserve.

PNY:

Point of View:

PowerColor: The PCS+ cooler is excellent

Rajintek: CPU coolers

Rosewell: Good products for a solid price.

SanDisk: Solid State Drives & USB drives.

Seasonic: Power supplys, people tend to go for other brands, such as Corsair.

Silverpower:

Silverstone: They have awesome cases and other stuff that tends to get overlooked & their push towards smaller formfactors.

TP-Link:

Ubisoft: They make great games but do shitty things publicity-wise.

Visiontek: Decent but more expensive GPUs.

XFX: Power supplys & GPUs.

Xigmatek: Good looking cases and CPU coolers.

Zalman: Coolers.

Zotac:

Edit: Alfabetical order & added comments that were posted about the company.

Acer sold me a fucking shitty ass 4k monitor that was a pain in the ass to return. Take them off of the list.

Zotac: the AMP! Extreme is a great card and the lover cost cards are a great value, also makes great tiny PC's

Acer sold me a fucking shitty ass 4k monitor that was a pain in the ass to return. Take them off of the list.

I'm sorry, what? You had a bad experience, so you demand that he take that company off the list, whereas others have had great experiences with that same company?

May as well take every damn company off the list then, since every single one of them has had bad products or customer service at one point or another. Please, consider things logically. This thread isn't called "List great companies until one single person had a problem".

If you had an issue with Acer, then you're more than welcome to share your experiences with them in a calm and productive fashion. In fact, I encourage you to write a review of that Acer monitor you bought, going into great depth all of the troubles you faced. But your comment I quoted above is, shall we say, less than constructive.

*High five*

XFX are nice and EVGA for Power supplies.

I agree with EVGA for PSUs. My 750 G2 is excellent, and is a gold-rated 750w full-modular supply that cost less than $100.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

also cd-r king here is very over looked because of their insanely cheap prices

I agree with EVGA for PSUs. My 750 G2 is excellent, and is a gold-rated 750w full-modular supply that cost less than $100.

I would not say they are underrated tho

1. MIPS Technologies. They design architectures and processor IP. I wish they hadn't been bought by Imagination as they are now always bundled with PowerVR.

2. Vivante Corporation. They design GPU IP. They will likely be bought up by Samsung, LG or some other company looking to expand their GPU expertise.

3. Paradox Development Studio for video games. They are becoming much more popular now.

WD and A data.

Apple makes mobile chips, and that's all. Their computer hardware were actually some IBM chips.

Are you purposely trying to misunderstand my statements?

Apple makes a computer case, as much as Corsair "makes" one, or ASUS "makes" a motherboard... Oh, you didn't realize ASUS doesn't manufacture their own products?

Apple designs a computer. They designed the case that the components go inside. A case is a computer component. Therefore Apple makes computer components. There's literally no way you can say otherwise.

Oh and FYI, they don't use IBM chips anymore (and haven't for years). They've been using Intel for what, 5+ years? They used to use IBM PowerPC CPU's, which are an alternate CISC CPU design (not x86).

Silicon power- good, pretty ssd's

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."