I am sick of Intel (Rant)

It was a joke Intelians! Calm down everyone!

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

To be fair, Haswell has kind of made extreme ed. Sandy moot. The motherboards and chipset makes it really hard to justify those shitty X79 motherboards. Look at the Mpower Max for LGA1150.

We're stuck with waiting until September, and even then, they may go with the same chipset as Sandy-E.

And AMD doesn't even have an equivalent option. It is a really disillusioning situation we're in.

Think its called just not a overall great time to upgrade. Now on the note of did Intel screw up with the TIM, yup sure did, no excuse. The enthusiast market is such a small portion of the really relevant total income. But I think much like phones we will begin to hit a plateau on the tablets, and phones. Where sure you can pump more power, give it a bigger, better resolution screen but at some point functionality will meet its "what is necessary for a great experience", and their chip upgrades will begin to do very little. People will stop paying OMG silly prices for them. I know when I factor in all the things I want in a phone I really do believe that a low clock quad or higher clock dual processor for what is really even beyond necessary in a phone is already here, honestly looking at the difference in a 5" 720P screen and 1080P the difference is damn near negligible, and you can bet your ass I'd sacrifice a screen for improved battery life. 

This will come for tablets as well, and really once that happens intel and AMD will be pressed back into the enthusiast market from people really looking for that meaty processing power. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

If people consider that now Haswell is made out of molten lava, i am curious what they'll say bout the 220 w AMD dudes :))

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

The reason is there, like 64 gb of ram, 6 cores, 12 threads, 4 8x pci-e 2 lanes (i think, not sure) and a more robust build quality, altough i have to agree, the features on 11150 and the mobos look sick.It was about time.

1150 motherboards are a big improvement when it comes to features, can't deny that. It is even more sad when you have beautiful and featureful platforms but are doomed with worthless processors.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

Well my good sir.....welcome to the red camp. I hope you enjoy your stay :)

shut up prosnipor lol

1150 motherboards are a big improvement when it comes to features, can't deny that. It is even more sad when you have beautiful and featureful platforms but are doomed with worthless processors.

Word!

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I would still rather have my 3570k at 4.5ghz over a Amd at 5ghz lol.. And just seems to try the higher ghz thing in there chips when a slower clocked Intel chip will outperform a higher clocked Amd chip.. But I agree everything I have read about Haswell is a joke..

you're sick of Intel because they release haswell? that's a little absurd
how to get past haswell, DON'T BUY IT, it's that simple, just go for Z77 or X79 and you should be fine, don't get why you have to get all worked up
and K series processors, I know, but at least where I live, it only cost $5 more to upgrade to a K series, so no big deal here at least

I get where you are you coming from, I do wish intel paid a little more attention to the enthusiasts but all of Intel's executives could care less about the about us right now since right now mobile devices, tablets, small portable laptops are booming right now. They are going to put there money where they will get the most out of it. 

how to get past haswell, DON'T BUY IT, it's that simple, just go for Z77 or X79 and you should be fine, don't get why you have to get all worked up

and K series processors, I know, but at least where I live, it only cost $5 more to upgrade to a K series, so no big deal here at least

You are one lucky sir, here it costs 30$...

If people consider that now Haswell is made out of molten lava, i am curious what they'll say bout the 220 w AMD dudes :))

They will still run cooler though. Massive heat spreader soldered on the cpu can't go wrong. I would be really thrilled if they released it with a copper ihs, but that's just stuff of dreams or belong to the past.

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

I get where you are you coming from, I do wish intel paid a little more attention to the enthusiasts but all of Intel's executives could care less about the about us right now since right now mobile devices, tablets, small portable laptops are booming right now. They are going to put there money where they will get the most out of it. 

exactly why haswell exists

but hey, look at all the new gaming laptops, they can now be a lot thinner, so there's that to keep in mind

No way I am giving them my money only for them to continue their crappy work

Spoiler

They will still run cooler though. Massive heat spreader soldered on the cpu can't go wrong. I would be really thrilled if they released it with a copper ihs, but that's just stuff of dreams or belong to the past.

you realize the AMD won't come to consumer market BECAUSE of how hot it runs right?

so right now, it's going to PC builders and stuff, not consumers

you realize the AMD won't come to consumer market BECAUSE of how hot it runs right?

so right now, it's going to PC builders and stuff, not consumers

Just joking man, by cooler I mean throttling temps below Intel's 90C.

Spoiler

You wouldn't buy a z77?

As i said i don't want to contribute to the situation they are forcing. I miiight consider a used 3770K though and delid it.

Spoiler

21.jpg

check urself b4 u rek urself

I'd argue this is better than both red and blue camps. ;)

Desu_Inside.png

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

We have more than enough CPU power on the desktop in terms of gaming as it is, at least there is in my opinion. Intel making a cpu focused on mobile was the right choice in my eyes. Why should intel ostracize an entire demographic of users to appease the power users like us? Haswell was a great release for laptops, especially for ultra book style computers. Although I was disappointed in Haswell performance on the desktop side of things, I am more than excited for it being put into laptops and it might really bemthendetermining factor in my buying an ultra book this year.

I'd argue this is better than both red and blue camps. ;)

Desu_Inside.png

still doesn't beat this (according to anime theory)

51r3lElNvEL._SY300_.jpg

We have more than enough CPU power on the desktop in terms of gaming as it is, at least there is in my opinion. Intel making a cpu focused on mobile was the right choice in my eyes. Why should intel ostracize an entire demographic of users to appease the power users like us? Haswell was a great release for laptops, especially for ultra book style computers. Although I was disappointed in Haswell performance on the desktop side of things, I am more than excited for it being put into laptops and it might really bemthendetermining factor in my buying an ultra book this year.

A good chip can be clocked down for non-enthusiasts. A bad chip can't be clocked higher for enthusiasts.

Also, mobile chips should belong to a completely different production line and each production line focused on its field.

Spoiler

A good chip can be clocked down for non-enthusiasts. A bad chip can't be clocked higher for enthusiasts.

Also, mobile chips should belong to a completely different production line and each production line focused on its field.

A whole separate production line would be such a waste of resources and should (I'm not an expert on these things) drive up prices which is not something I would like to see. The mobile market needs more attention than desktops at this point in time. Like others have said there is 2011, yeah it's priced at a premium but what would you expect from an enthusiast platform? I want to see progression in the desktop market but I think the mobile market needs it more. I don't want just 6 hours of battery on my laptop when I travel. Yeah it sucks for our demographic of users but I can see the usefulness of focusing a bit more on mobiles.