I am sick of Intel (Rant)

This is about CPUs and company strategy.

They have chosen the wrong path. They are dragging down the PC market in favor of tablets and laptops (where there is more money). We don't care about less power consumption and better onboard graphics on desktops (especially mid to high range ones). There is no point in -K processors if you can't overclock due to the crappy TIM or low quality chips. I look at my Lynnefield i7 860 and I know with the right motherboard I can overclock it more than Haswell chips. BGA is a move to assign more responsibility to motherboard manufacturers and themselves be less to blame. They are just intrested in every single penny of profit they can get. I see them as a new Apple, only with even less quality per dollar. It is unacceptable to provide high quality review chips capable of 4.7Ghz+ when an average 4770K is difficult to get past 4.2Ghz. They want to bleed us dry for mediocre products. SHAME. I really hope for some competition from AMD.

To reviewers out there: STOP making excuses for Intel with arguements like: "The new chips are focused at mobile systems" and "The more powerful onboard graphics are such a big step from Ivy".  Desktops are not mobile, don't have batteries and every respectable gamer uses a dedicated GPU, so admit that Haswell is a HUGE letdown and help people get what they deserve.

Last but not least: Haters gonna hate and Intel fanboys are gonna hate more. Feel free to TRY to prove that Intel rocks.

Don't make comments like desktops do have batteries for CMOS please.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

Well my good sir.....welcome to the red camp. I hope you enjoy your stay :)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

you think it is the wrong path but intel is a company and wants to make money and currently mobile devices are giving more profit. but it is not acceptable that they give good overclocking chips to reviewers instead of just a random chip.

For people who doesn't care about those great consumer benefits you talk about, there's lga 2011 ;)

If you call yourself an enthusiast, get the enthusiast platform. The mainstream platform is for normal consumers, and that's how it should be!

Although their new line of chips may not OC as much, the actual clock speed of the chip itself doesn't directly relate to it's performance. You also have to think about the fact that, yes, your Lynnefield chip may OC better, but it definitely won't perform better.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

For people who doesn't care about those great consumer benefits you talk about, there's lga 2011 ;)

If you call yourself an enthusiast, get the enthusiast platform. The mainstream platform is for normal consumers, and that's how it should be!

Not all enthusiasts have £270 to spend on an i7 3820 and £170 on a bare minimum 2011 board.

Aw, man. Was looking forward to bustin' your chops on that one.

Anyway, I agree that Haswell was obviously targeted towards laptops and tablets and in many gamers eyes was a huge let down for desktop users. Like you said, most desktop users really don't give a crap about integrated graphics nor power consumption, though the lower power requirement does let people get away with a little lower watt power suplly.

I also agree that the performance increase was pretty pathetic, but we all saw it coming. I find it funny that Ivy Bridge had the same performance increase over Sandy Bridge as Haswell does to Ivy Bridge, and Ivy was just a die shrink.

People also need to reconize, though that Intel doesn't need to increase their CPU performance that much for desktops anyway. No game on the market requires more cpu power than Intel can offer, so why would Intel spend more money improving what now doesn't need to be improved? I think that's the main reason why Intel doesn't bother making 8 core CPU's to match AMD - they just aren't needed yet.

So yah, that's my two cents.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

I need to sell my kidney to get an LGA 2011 CPU

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

I remember someone saying that Haswell will be an overclocker's delight... Sometime in the past... As for intel rocks, yes it does, but up to sandybridge.After that is chaos, mayhem and dissapointment.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Not all enthusiasts have £270 to spend on an i7 3820 and £170 on a bare minimum 2011 board.

That's a shame for them, but that doesn't mean Intel should make a product worse for it's intended customers just because a few enthusiasts didn't have the money to get the enthusiast platform

People also need to reconize, though that Intel doesn't need to increase their CPU performance that much for desktops anyway. No game on the market requires more cpu power than Intel can offer, so why would Intel spend more money improving what now doesn't need to be improved? I think that's the main reason why Intel doesn't bother making 8 core CPU's to match AMD - they just aren't needed yet.

There is no passion for innovation or pushing to the limits any more... They have become just a profit-making company. "When you stop striving for perfection, you might as well be dead." Christian Troy. Peace out.

Spoiler

Intel's not in the business of charity either.  You have to pay to play or buy something else.  

Who's "we"? I care about less power consumption while having the same or increased performance per watt.

This is about CPUs and company strategy.

They have chosen the wrong path. They are dragging down the PC market in favor of tablets and laptops (where there is more money). We don't care about less power consumption and better onboard graphics on desktops (especially mid to high range ones). There is no point in -K processors if you can't overclock due to the crappy TIM or low quality chips. I look at my Lynnefield i7 860 and I know with the right motherboard I can overclock it more than Haswell chips. BGA is a move to assign more responsibility to motherboard manufacturers and themselves be less to blame. They are just intrested in every single penny of profit they can get. I see them as a new Apple, only with even less quality per dollar. It is unacceptable to provide high quality review chips capable of 4.7Ghz+ when an average 4770K is difficult to get past 4.2Ghz. They want to bleed us dry for mediocre products. SHAME. I really hope for some competition from AMD.

To reviewers out there: STOP making excuses for Intel with arguements like: "The new chips are focused at mobile systems" and "The more powerful onboard graphics are such a big step from Ivy".  Desktops are not mobile, don't have batteries and every respectable gamer uses a dedicated GPU, so admit that Haswell is a HUGE letdown and help people get what they deserve.

Last but not least: Haters gonna hate and Intel fanboys are gonna hate more. Feel free to TRY to prove that Intel rocks.

whats killing overclocking is smaller and smaller die size.  imagine a bee hive with 500 bees the size of a footbal, the heat it will produce and also the same amount of bees but in a hive half the size ?

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Intel's not in the business of charity either.  You have to pay to play or buy something else.  

AMD roflmao XD

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

whats killing overclocking is smaller and smaller die size.  imagine a bee hive with 500 bees the size of a footbal, the heat it will produce and also the same amount of bees but in a hive half the size ?

Actually, to achive a bigger OC, you want a smaller die, so tranzistors are closer, and the travel time is smaller. I agree, heat output will be massive, but for LN2, that's what we need. For day to day, a soldered IHS would be nice once in a while. Maybe Broadwell...

Yes, but they do want people to buy from them... Not AMD.

To be fair, Haswell has kind of made extreme ed. Sandy moot. The motherboards and chipset makes it really hard to justify those shitty X79 motherboards. Look at the Mpower Max for LGA1150.

We're stuck with waiting until September, and even then, they may go with the same chipset as Sandy-E.

And AMD doesn't even have an equivalent option. It is a really disillusioning situation we're in.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

All hail AMD 5GHz 220w TDP Processors?

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

The reason is there, like 64 gb of ram, 6 cores, 12 threads, 4 8x pci-e 2 lanes (i think, not sure) and a more robust build quality, altough i have to agree, the features on 11150 and the mobos look sick.It was about time.

I recently jumped ship on account of funds.

Since Intel have given overclockers pretty much two choices in CPUs I've found them more annoying as the weeks and months pass. I paid a fair chunk of change for a Sandybridge CPU not even a year ago and it is already outdated in games. It runs at 3.1ghz, is a complete nightmare to overclock and cost me £150 or more.

When I bus clocked it to 3.5 it immediately improved, but, needed more for the very latest games and I wasn't able to clock it any higher. Which if I was to stick with Intel gives me one choice of overclockable gaming CPU and that costs nearly £200.

So I decided to go the AMD route, buying the 8320 which does allow overclocking and actually responds to overclocks very well. Not only that but it offers the core count that's going to be needed for next gen console slop so that was added to the bargain.

Intel lost the plot and made their CPUs all about snobbery when they locked down the I3s and Celerons IMO. Their main selling point for ages has been single threaded performance, so they made sure that all of their dual and dual HT CPUs were derped and clocked so low that they would be useless for games.

A real shame, but that's what success does when it goes to people's heads.

I'll be sticking with AMD now for the foreseeable. Should never have gone Sandy and just picked up a 6 core Bulldozer instead.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

All hail the SS cooling that will be able to cool them.

What a load of tosh. The Core 2 series were all overclockable. Every single one, not just two that they cherry picked and decided to over charge for the privilege of overclocking.

It was when Intel decided that they could make money out of overclocking that things took a turn for the worse IMO.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Have you seen how much a 980x chews through when overclocked? or even a I7 950 for that matter? try 200w. No one complained then.

Haswell X series? 

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3