I am sick of Intel (Rant)

so..... how about that watercooling ? 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Especially the gap between the lid and the TIM is plainly bad manufacturing and pretty much showing the "not giving a shit"-attitude. This screams "good enough for you" right into your face.

no, they already have the TIM too thick, they cannot bring the lid closer either becuase that would short the CPU out.

Have fun in the red camp, I'm fine with my LGA2011 platform (although I do wonder when we'll see Ivy-e). Don't blame a company for making their consumer line better for said consumers. You want enthusiast features, get the enthusiast platform.

Well, the LGA2011 platform isn't for everyone, and guys I hang out with in the local forum have at least a 3930K installed, with most having the same CPU as me. One of the reason why I'd chosen this platform is due to its native 40 PCIe lanes with my cards doing PCIe 3.0 @x16/x8/x16. It's the platform for multiple GPU setups and not for the faint hearted.

I wish the 3960X was kept what it was originally though. An 8 core CPU. I don't think the performance difference justifies the huge price difference compared to the 3930K.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

no, they already have the TIM too thick, they cannot bring the lid closer either becuase that would short the CPU out.

Again, awesome engeneering.

Have fun in the red camp, I'm fine with my LGA2011 platform (although I do wonder when we'll see Ivy-e). Don't blame a company for making their consumer line better for said consumers. You want enthusiast features, get the enthusiast platform.

I'm so proud of you.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Would you also build your own house or modify yourself your own car? We buy stuff expecting they work impeccably right out the box, not buying them so that we make them work as they should by ourselves.

No becasue I am not a car/house enthusiast. Why did you build your own PC? Why do you OC? Why did you buy an aftermarket cooler? Why don't you game on console? You said stuff should work right out the box. Intel's CPU's do too, just real enthusiasts would be delidding and OCing.

...People do this you know.. Lots of people. And after they're done? The get this.. sense of accomplishment and self-worth. Pretty stupid of them, huh?

I don't know anyone who has built himself his own house. I prefer the waranty and the satisfaction of a high overclock rather than the sense of accomplishment because i delided my cpu (which i shouldn't have to in the first place). I have a real life and get my sense of self-worth from there.

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

Again, awesome engeneering.

Yeah, it is, why do you think AMD is still on 2d transitors and 32nm? I'll tell you why. It makes too much heat and AMD already makes CPU's that out put quite a bit of heat. They would have to stop soldering too.

No becasue I am not a car/house enthusiast. Why did you build your own PC? Why do you OC? Why did you buy an aftermarket cooler? Why don't you game on console? You said stuff should work right out the box. Intel's CPU's do too, just real enthusiasts would be delidding and OCing.

I said stuff should work out of the box AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO. I like configuring my own hardware and putting them together, not making modifications, especially on my cpu.

Spoiler

Yeah, it is, why do you think AMD is still on 2d transitors and 32nm? I'll tell you why. It makes too much heat and AMD already makes CPU's that out put quite a bit of heat. They would have to stop soldering too.

Yet AMD can keep up within the different priceranges, especially in gaming, even beating Intel in really demanding games, and is much easier to OC. With decent cooling, really no reason to go for Intel over AMD within the same budget. And as mentioned, once Steamroller hits, the weaker single thread performance will be gone [according to rumors, we'll see once it's out].

I have a real life and get my sense of self-worth from there.

Why do people act as if technology isn't a part of your "real life?" You obviously enjoy building computers, that is part your real life, buddy. People seem to think if they have a job or go anywhere out of that house, that that is the only thing that constitutes as having a "real life."

This "I haz rel lyfe" mentality has got to stop. To others reading this: Everything you do is real life!

I said stuff should work out of the box AS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO. I like configuring my own hardware and putting them together, not making modifications, especially on my cpu.

The CPU does work as it is supposed to, I got 4.7 on 1.75 V on my lidded 4770k. After I delidded, I didn't bother OCing futher, I just let the temps go lower even though they were already good before. Your not modifying the CPU though. You are taking off the cap. 

o.o

Are you sure that's right?

I am pretty sure it's 1.175 lol

Yet AMD can keep up within the different priceranges, especially in gaming, even beating Intel in really demanding games, and is much easier to OC. With decent cooling, really no reason to go for Intel over AMD within the same budget. And as mentioned, once Steamroller hits, the weaker single thread performance will be gone [according to rumors, we'll see once it's out].

What, Intel rapes AMD in gaming and video editing and everything CPU related. AMD is losing tons of money from their CPU side (GPU side makes money). They are selling at loss after costs, so they are winning on price sure, but that isn't sustainable. As for your argument that AMD is the best bet in all price ranges it is in that is false. At the low end, the G1610 is better. The $70 to 150 they win, but that is the only place. They would also have to make the biggest jump in single threaded performance in the past 10 years to catch up to Intel on single threaded. If they do I will be ecstatic, but that is almost impossible.

Good, cause reading that scared the crap out of me...

o.o

Are you sure that's right?

1.175 lol, 1.75 would be a fucking flame thrower.

Why do people act as if technology isn't a part of your "real life?" You obviously enjoy building computers, that is part your real life, buddy. People seem to think if they have a job or go anywhere out of that house, that that is the only thing that constitutes as having a "real life."

This "I haz rel lyfe" mentality has got to stop. To others reading this: Everything you do is real life!

I am sorry, you are right. I was just a bit irritated.  :)

The CPU does work as it is supposed to, I got 4.7 on 1.75 V on my lidded 4770k. After I delidded, I didn't bother OCing futher, I just let the temps go lower even though they were already good before. Your not modifying the CPU though. You are taking off the cap. 

The whole point of this thread is that you shouldn't have to do anything to your cpu because Intel didn't want to let it fly free for whatever reason. My rant is that the new chips have potential that is crippled by Intel and that for a new generation they could offer a much better product for desktops. Let's not fight over it, you either agree or disagree.

Edit: The review chips are really a black page for Intel though. They were all hand-picked and you can't deny that.

Spoiler

What, Intel rapes AMD in gaming and video editing and everything CPU related. AMD is losing tons of money from their CPU side (GPU side makes money). They are selling at loss after costs, so they are winning on price sure, but that isn't sustainable. As for your argument that AMD is the best bet in all price ranges it is in that is false. At the low end, the G1610 is better. The $70 to 150 they win, but that is the only place. They would also have to make the biggest jump in single threaded performance in the past 10 years to catch up to Intel on single threaded. If they do I will be ecstatic, but that is almost impossible.

Have you seen Crysis 3 benchmarks of the 8350? Or FarCry 3?

Have you seen the streaming results of the FX?

Have you seen real life benchmarks of FX in video rendering?

Buddy of mine is running a 8350 at home and a 3770k at university, and the one at home renders his videos faster. Synth. benchmarks are overrated. Most of the time they make a big deal of neglectable differences or are bought out by either party to use unbeneficial code for the other.

Have you seen Crysis 3 benchmarks of the 8350? Or FarCry 3?

Have you seen the streaming results of the FX?

Have you seen real life benchmarks of FX in video rendering?

Buddy of mine is running a 8350 at home and a 3770k at university, and the one at home renders his videos faster. Synth. benchmarks are overrated. Most of the time they make a big deal of neglectable differences or are bought out by either party to use unbeneficial code for the other.

Real life benchmarks, the 4770k beats 8350 in EVERYTHING. I don't remeber the 3770k's. 4770k is also not the best CPU intel has. 8350 is the best AMD has.

Real life benchmarks, the 4770k beats 8350 in EVERYTHING. I don't remeber the 3770k's. 4770k is also not the best CPU intel has. 8350 is the best AMD has.

Beats it by barely anything, and is one generation behind, so following that reasoning, the Steamroller, which will be the same generation, will smoke the 4770k.

For people who doesn't care about those great consumer benefits you talk about, there's lga 2011 ;)

If you call yourself an enthusiast, get the enthusiast platform. The mainstream platform is for normal consumers, and that's how it should be!

Yeah the 3820 is awesome.

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

I am sorry, you are right. I was just a bit irritated.  :)

The whole point of this thread is that you shouldn't have to do anything to your cpu because Intel didn't want to let it fly free for whatever reason. My rant is that the new chips have potential that is crippled by Intel and that for a new generation they could offer a much better product for desktops. Let's not fight over it, you either agree or disagree.

Edit: The review chips are really a black page for Intel though. They were all hand-picked and you can't deny that.

I didn't have to delid though. I just wanted lower temps because at 100% load (it was 70)

Beats it by barely anything, and is one generation behind, so following that reasoning, the Steamroller, which will be the same generation, will smoke the 4770k.

No, the 4770k smokes it. 3770k also beats the 8350, but not by much. Can I have a link to the benchmarks you are referring to.

I didn't have to delid though. I just wanted lower temps because at 100% load (it was 70)

Then I suppose you are one of the few that got a chip from a very very good batch. I am glad for you but if you look in the cpu area of the forum there is someone who got a chip from a bad batch and can't go past 4Ghz. Do AMD cpus have good and bad batches too? (I really haven't looked it up at all)

Spoiler