I am sick of Intel (Rant)

No, the 4770k smokes it. 3770k also beats the 8350, but not by much. Can I have a link to the benchmarks you are referring to.

Streaming, and demanding games.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Not all enthusiasts have £270 to spend on an i7 3820 and £170 on a bare minimum 2011 board.

That Obito mask is my Skype, facebook, and facebook pages picture... xD

Then I suppose you are one of the few that got a chip from a very very good batch. I am glad for you but if you look in the cpu area of the forum there is someone who got a chip from a bad batch and can't go past 4Ghz. Do AMD cpus have good and bad batches too? (I really haven't looked it up at all)

Yes, but AMD also binns like crazy. the 8320, 8350, 9370, and 9390 are all the same chip, but the worst CPU's are 8320's and the best are 9390.

Streaming, and demanding games.

Just about everyone who benched the 8350 did not get similar results. Want to give me a link from a more trusted benchmarker?

Yes, but AMD also binns like crazy. the 8320, 8350, 9370, and 9390 are all the same chip, but the worst CPU's are 8320's and the best are 9390.

I think that's quite nice of them though. You pretty much get the same performance as anyone else for a specific cpu.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

I think that's quite nice of them though. You pretty much get the same performance as anyone else for a specific cpu.

You get just as similar amount of variance though. Intel bins too just not as aggressively. The bad are the i7's that are not k, the ones who use kess power become the S's and the T's. The ones who can go higher up in clocks become K's

So, this is no longer the top post? Then let me post this again.
some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-bu

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Just about everyone who benched the 8350 did not get similar results. Want to give me a link from a more trusted benchmarker?

Like Tom's Hardware? LOL.

This is real life benchmarks, synthetic ones are always not really representative for what you actually experience. I think Linus has a video on the same issue inspired by Logan, go check on that one.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Why should we care what the CPUs cost Intel? I am not suggesting different architectures, rather different features for different platforms. If Intel can produce a single processor that can be used in every single type of system, but work as it should (more desktop performance models, less power consumption models for laptops), that's fine by me. But producing a desktop chip that is designed for a laptop? Hell no.

How does power consumption affect you? Do you mind the 40$ more you have to pay for your annual power bill but you can spend 150$ more on a cpu? We shouldn't have to settle for enough because Intel wants to make money. Be reminded of fast enough in 10 years and don't upgrade your system till then to see if they are fast enough.

Technology isn't anywhere near its peak. We could have so much more if we demanded them.

I don't think anyone with a desktop cares about power consumption. Ram controllers on Haswell are useless if you manage to overclock. iGP is no reason to upgrade a desktop processor. How exactly more heat from AMD's cpus affects you other the fact that you need slightly better cooling which is much more attainable for a lower price than a power efficient chip? AMD doesn't have the cash right now and you supporting the company that is bleeding us dry doesn't help them, but that is your choice.

Why should we care what the CPUs cost Intel????

Do you REALLY not understand simple economics??

If the CPUs cost Intel more to make, then they will cost more for us to buy... Would you pay $700 for a 5770K just because it had different features than a laptop CPU? Why wouldn't you design a CPU architecture that can do both functions efficiently, and then produce both of them for cheaper?

If you want two different CPUs with radically different features (in terms of power efficiency and performance), you would need to have different architectures... If you want a CPU to operate efficiently at low power, it would need to have a different architecture than a CPU designed for extreme performance in high power scenarios.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

I wish the 3960X was kept what it was originally though. An 8 core CPU. I don't think the performance difference justifies the huge price difference compared to the 3930K.

8 cores, that's what we need when most people barely use the 5 and 6

you would have to be doing some SERIOUS video editting and photoshop and aftereffects all at once to make it justifiable 

You get just as similar amount of variance though. Intel bins too just not as aggressively. The bad are the i7's that are not k, the ones who use kess power become the S's and the T's. The ones who can go higher up in clocks become K's

So, my point is that at 350$ for a cpu, i want it to be as close to perfect as it can (whether it's from Intel or AMD). Intel's 4770K could be much better if Intel wanted to do so. I was soo looking forward to Haswell's release and then i was disappointed. Intel has lost me from their clientele as far as cpus are concerned, as has nvidia because AMD gpus are much cheaper and my 7950 better than a 670 in my opinion.

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

Why should we care what the CPUs cost Intel????

Do you REALLY not understand simple economics??

If the CPUs cost Intel more to make, then they will cost more for us to buy... Would you pay $700 for a 5770K just because it had different features than a laptop CPU? Why wouldn't you design a CPU architecture that can do both functions efficiently, and then produce both of them for cheaper?

If you want two different CPUs with radically different features (in terms of power efficiency and performance), you would need to have different architectures... If you want a CPU to operate efficiently at low power, it would need to have a different architecture than a CPU designed for extreme performance in high power scenarios.

Prices are determined by supply and demand, not cost and profit. If no one bought Intel cpus for a year they would produce much better chips at much lower prices.

The problem is that the average buyer does not realise that we all can control the market instead of letting 10 people on a board of directors do that.

Intel is not a charity foundation making a 5$ profit out of every cpu. They make much much much more.

Spoiler

8 cores, that's what we need when most people barely use the 5 and 6

you would have to be doing some SERIOUS video editting and photoshop and aftereffects all at once to make it justifiable 

It is just a shame you buy an 8 core cpu with 2 of the cores permanently disabled.

Spoiler

So, my point is that at 350$ for a cpu, i want it to be as close to perfect as it can (whether it's from Intel or AMD). Intel's 4770K could be much better if Intel wanted to do so. I was soo looking forward to Haswell's release and then i was disappointed. Intel has lost me from their clientele as far as cpus are concerned, as has nvidia because AMD gpus are much cheaper and my 7950 better than a 670 in my opinion.

You should be disappointed that you lost the silicone lottery instead of being disappointed in Intel.

You should be disappointed that you lost the silicone lottery instead of being disappointed in Intel.

You misunderstood something. My current processor is an i7 860...

Spoiler

I'm haven't overclocked my system because nobody needs a 4.7ghz cpu to watch youtube videos

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

You misunderstood something. My current processor is an i7 860...

Then if don't have the product to experience and test for yourself, why are you complaining?

Prices are determined by supply and demand, not cost and profit. If no one bought Intel cpus for a year they would produce much better chips at much lower prices.

Are.....

Are you serious???

Did you seriously just say that prices aren't determined by manufacturing cost??

Yes, supply and demand is a factor, but when a company brings a new product to the market, they try to sell it for more than it cost them to make it (duh!).. If, after several weeks, it hasn't met sales expectations due to it being overpriced, they will reduce the price just to get a little return on their investment of developing the item..

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems