Battlefield 3 session! 15/06/2013

brat137

Hi guys! So we now have upwards of 100 members in BF3 Platoons so I wondered if a bunch of you, or anyone else on the forum that plays BF3, fancies a good long day of gaming on Saturday? My plan was basically to jump on any server and get a load of members to jump in as well. Not just go hijack a random server and fill it with us but perhaps get a few squads on each team going and a couple of Razer Comms or Skype calls going, or if anyone has a Mumble/Vent/Teamspeak server we could all hop in there.

I'm BratTVN on Origin so add me there if you are interested. We can talk times when a few people have expressed interest. This is obviously open to anyone and everyone on this forum. All skill levels welcome! I am decidedly average at BF3 but would be great to play with some LTT members and get some fully organised squads going. I personally have the B2K and CQ expansions but that doesn't limit us to only playing those or indeed having to play anything but the base maps depending on who wants to jump on.

If you haven't applied to the LTTF Platoons then go to this thread from Ymac and apply in there.
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/335-battlefield-3-platoon-for-our-members/?hl=%2Bbattlefield+%2Bplatoon#entry3463

Lets get some awesome games going this weekend! If this works then we can do it regularly if people enjoy it and then when BF4 comes out we can do the same on there right from Day 1.

See you on the Battlefield

EDIT: We will be using Skype to chat primarily for those that have skype.

We will be splitting into squads as people come online to play, Up to 4 people we will have 1 squad, 5 people we will have a 2 man and a 3 man, 6 people=two 3 man squads and so on.

Vote for your preferred gamemode in the poll above, if your preferred gamemode doesn't win please do still show up and join in as I'm sure it will be fun playing with whatever mode with an organised squad and some banter and jokes as well. And vote for your preferred size. We all know 64 is best so we can all vote that and be done :P

NB: if you had already voted on the chat vote you will have to delete your vote and vote for your gamemode.

If you have any servers you regularly play on and think are good servers that will be right for us please link them below.

JUMP PN THIS SERVER!  http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/PC/689d1b2f-8462-4c92-b836-c3655604c452/PURE-BATTLEFIELD-1-Rush-Conquest-Friendly-Teamplay/

This would be nice, i'll definitely join if this is on an acceptable timezone (post it GMT XD) also, i am medium to high skilled, i have premium, MorfyElGamer on origin (i know, i know) and also on skype if we decide to go that route.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I was thinking mid-afternoon GMT start time around 3GMT?

That would mean 6PM here, i will not be able to play for a long time, but i'll be in!

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

When would be better for you Morfy? We can start whenever. :) I can get online pretty much any time of day. The Girlfriend is away for the weekend so I intend to play copious amounts of games. Good to have you on board Nipples add me!

I'll try and make it but I have work. If anything I'll try and see if you guys are still on one I'm off

Im willing to give it a go.

One problem is I don't have premium and im only lvl 22 sargent. But I can play well. What time would this be at? in PST? (I live in Vancouver, BC)

Well, i am GMT +3 so, even 11 AM/12AM/1Pm gmt will be great!

Sounds great! I'll try this if any1 is up when I get back home. It's around 4pm GMT (7pm for me) and so on. Post server and voice chat here or platoon wall? I'm not adding anyone before talking in irc or over voip ;)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Let's just make small squads of 4 and talk on skype?

Im interested in joining with you guys. 

I live in the UK and on saturday I can be online during most of the day. Just please make the time acceptable and too late! 

Thanks!

I was thinking skype if everyone has that, unless anyone has a vent/teamspeak server? Or even Razer Comms. We will just make up as many squads as we can. I will post which server when the people that are online have one chosen. I'll post it here and then on the walls of both platoons.

I will be aiming to be online from about midday which equals 1pm GMT but depends when Linus' Livestream occurs. But then I will be online till late, around midnight or 1am especially if people are on.

Im willing to give it a go.

One problem is I don't have premium and im only lvl 22 sargent. But I can play well. What time would this be at? in PST? (I live in Vancouver, BC)

GMT is 8 hours ahead of PST so adjust times for your region. But there may be people on from your region still.

Sounds great! I'll try this if any1 is up when I get back home. It's around 4pm GMT (7pm for me) and so on. Post server and voice chat here or platoon wall? I'm not adding anyone before talking in irc or over voip ;)

No need to add yet if you don't want, just check this thread when you get home and it will by then have a server everyone is on. Then you can jump in there, see that we are human beings running around a map and chat in the chatbox before choosing to add us on skype, origin etc if you choose.

I was thinking skype if everyone has that, unless anyone has a vent/teamspeak server? Or even Razer Comms. We will just make up as many squads as we can. I will post which server when the people that are online have one chosen. I'll post it here and then on the walls of both platoons.

I will be aiming to be online from about midday which equals 1pm GMT but depends when Linus' Livestream occurs. But then I will be online till late, around midnight or 1am especially if people are on.

GMT is 8 hours ahead of PST so adjust times for your region. But there may be people on from your region still.

No need to add yet if you don't want, just check this thread when you get home and it will by then have a server everyone is on. Then you can jump in there, see that we are human beings running around a map and chat in the chatbox before choosing to add us on skype, origin etc if you choose.

The livestream is tonight i think, so it won't interfere, as for the chat, i say make small squads cause 10 people on skype is a nightmare, i've been there, 5 is the max, also you should add a poll with the map, and after that the gamemode, and stick with skype for chat.

Yeah 10 people in a skype call is a mess. Yeah I meant depending on when the livestream ends how much sleep I will get before waking up to play BF3 with you fine people :)

The map will depend on the server, whether its a rotation of maps (which I think would be best as it will keep it fresh) but gamemode is a good idea.

We will stick to skype to chat and can always utilise the in game chat box for inter-squad chat when we need to :)

ORIGINAL POST EDITED PLEASE READ EDIT!

Yeah 10 people in a skype call is a mess. Yeah I meant depending on when the livestream ends how much sleep I will get before waking up to play BF3 with you fine people :)

The map will depend on the server, whether its a rotation of maps (which I think would be best as it will keep it fresh) but gamemode is a good idea.

We will stick to skype to chat and can always utilise the in game chat box for inter-squad chat when we need to :)

ORIGINAL POST EDITED PLEASE READ EDIT!

Yes, between teams, the chatbox is enough.

HC vs non-HC option is missing from poll. For me it doesn't matter. Air superiority would be cool, but it isn't aimed for general players.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Added :) Obviously some of the gamemodes are not going to be available for everyone as not everyone may have premium. Me included in that but figured I would add them as if there are 4 people wanting to play then they can always play some games.

HC vs non-HC option is missing from poll. For me it doesn't matter. Air superiority would be cool, but it isn't aimed for general players.

I can deal with HC, but it will be rage inducing for a ton of people :))

I can deal with HC, but it will be rage inducing for a ton of people :))

HC rush is 100% rage for me. Most maps are just too open for it. It gathers too many snipers.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm rubbish at BF3 but ill try to be there.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

As soon as this maintenance on battlelog stops I will be online. It should have stopped by now but hasn't so we shall see when its over.

So conquest 64, non hardcore it is?

I'm in, and have a 32 player conquest server we can use...

CPU: Intel i7-3770k at 4.8Ghz  CPU Cooling: 320mm UT60  Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD55  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB 2133Mhz (2x8GB)  SSD: Intel 330 Series 120GB  HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Green  GPU: EVGA GTX 780 x2  Sound Card: Creative Recon3D  PSU: Raidmax RX-1000AE 1000W  Case: Arc Midi R2  Monitor: Benq XL2420T at 129Hz  OS: W8 64Bit  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate  Mouse: Logitech MX518  Mousepad: Steelseries QCK+  Headset: Turtlebeach X12 (Temp.)