Should I buy a ps4 when it comes out?

Hey..Im a PC gamer..I watched E3 and became interested on the PS4. Is it worth it to buy a PS4 when it comes out? I already have a decent PC to game on, I dont own a ps3 or an xbox 360. Please explain why i should buy or not buy a PS4.
PS.

I HATE COD.
it's my first time posting on linus tech tips..if i posted this question on a wrong place, please tell me. LOL :)

HI, Unless you like the exclusives or just simply want one, there isnt much of a point. But if say you want some of the exclusives get it.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

HI, Unless you like the exclusives or just simply want one, there isnt much of a point. But if say you want some of the exclusives get it.

thanks for the answer! The games that are coming out with the ps4 that I like are cross-platformed, so i can just get a PC copy. thanks again.

Well, it's way better than the Xbox One, so if you want to play those exclusives like The Division, sure. I'm gonna cry and whine until they make a pc port though.

thanks for the answer! The games that are coming out with the ps4 that I like are cross-platformed, so i can just get a PC copy. thanks again.

Yup, but if say you like Kingdom hearts 3 or what ever else is exclusive, you may want to pick one up.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I agree w/ him. There's no point buying it at launch. Personally, I'm waiting for the FF XV & KH III to be released until then I'll play w/ my awesome super budget gaming PC.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

I think that most of the good stuff is being released on pc also but there are quite a few ps4 exclusives like killzone, knack, final fantasy, and drive club. The ps4 is the best out of the two consoles coming out because of things like being able to trade games and other stuff. 

if its for exclusives or console exclusives then yea definitely. thats why im doing it. still a pc gamer for life but some games are kinda cool

I'm a PC gamer too but the exclusives have really grabbed me on the PlayStation, miss chilling on the sofa with a pad :P Will definitely be picking one up.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

It's a simple as this, when a game comes along that you really want to play, and it's not available on PC, but is available on PS4, buy a PS4.

Until that time, stick to the PC!

Final Fantasy XV and inFamous: Secong Son seem pretty tempting to me to buy a PS4, it depends on what exclusives you want primarly. personally I don't see the PS4 being "the devil", seems pretty good to me, even though i wont get away from my rig :)

You should buy two and give one to me.

You should buy two and give one to me.

How about 3 and give me the other one?

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Stick to PC, Next gen console won't even be able to touch a 560ti

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Wait until the games you'll actually buy are out, and then get the console + the games.

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

If there's a game you really want to play that is only available on PS4 then go for it otherwise stick with PC.

Blue Nebula = CPU: Intel i7 4770K @Stock || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 || RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance LP || GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti Superclocked @Stock || Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero || SSD: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro || HDD: 4x2TB WD Black in Raid10 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i || Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced || Keyboard: Corsair K70 (MX Blues) || Mouse: Corsair M95 || Mousepad: Razer Goliathus 2013 Extended Speed || Monitors: Eizo Foris FS2333 + Old Samsung monitor || Headset: Beyerdynamic MMX2 || =>My Youtube Gaming Channel<= || =>My Twitch.tv Channel<=

I would say wait for about 2-3 months and see the reception 

When the PS4 comes out there will be none in stores for you to buy.  Preorders will scoop up every single console that will be available for launch.  As for later well when Microsoft releases their console I would expect Sony to have some sort of console promo to keep people from buying as many Xbox One's that day.

As for reasons to buy one at launch we don't know all the titles that will be available at launch and therefore I can't really comment on that right now.  I will say though that the Wii U has many nice titles coming out over the next 6 to 9 months so if you can get your hands on a Wii U cheap there should be some fun gaming there for you.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Hey..Im a PC gamer..I watched E3 and became interested on the PS4. Is it worth it to buy a PS4 when it comes out? I already have a decent PC to game on, I dont own a ps3 or an xbox 360. Please explain why i should buy or not buy a PS4.

PS.

I HATE COD.

it's my first time posting on linus tech tips..if i posted this question on a wrong place, please tell me. LOL :)

Sure if you can happily afford it. 

The games coming out on the new consoles seem amazing, many which are not coming to the PC or coming to the PC late.

Thinking about getting 1 as well but I will probably stop using it within the first week like my Xbox 360 and Wii.

Good Morning...