Firefox Redesigns Its Search Interface With More Elegance..

& it looks cool

title.jpg

Firefox has a brand new redesigning to it's search interface & it actually looks cool, The new GUI features a regular drop down search suggestion & you can open the results on another wesite via the given buttons (quick links directly instead of the old method of  drop down arrow & change search engine that way)

The New Interface looks pretty easy for a fluid & easy workflow ,

Demo Gif:

demo-one-off-search.gif

Pretty neat feature & redesign , a great improvement for firefox users , Imo,

I guess this is a very short framework news post from me today as that's the only update available as of now, nothing more, other than that you already know mozzila switched over to yahoo as default search partner,

Hope they add in more features to it like this one,

:P leave your thoughts on this down belooooo

Link:

http://techcrunch.com/2014/11/26/firefox-redesigns-its-search-interface-ahead-of-yahoo-switch/

Details separate people.

Looks very nice, I might have to check it out. Still not leaving my beloved chrome though  :wub:

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Looks pretty snazzy :)

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Reminds me of Apple's Safari

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: ASUS Strix Radeon R7 5700 XT OC Edition Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14 SSD: 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860 Cooling: NZXT Kraken X72 Case: Corsair Crystal Series 570X Mirror Black Display: BenQ XL2420Z  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Audio: Logitech G633 Artemis Spectrum

My thoughts are: OMNIBAR THING FOR LIFE

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

How good it is all depends on how much you can customize it. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

DuckDuckGo already has this built in with Firefox. Search something like 'ebola w!' and it will search 'ebola' on Wikipedia. 'ebola gi!' would search 'ebola' on Google Images, etc.

Oh hey Chrome I like your new logo! Oh... its just you FireFox.. Nice try.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

it would a ton better if they combined the search bar into the address bar

dedicated search bars are annoying

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I thought you could already do that with Internet explorer and Firefox, you just choose the search engine that you want.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I thought you could already do that with Internet explorer and Firefox, you just choose the search engine that you want.

you can, but i dont think you can with the added search stuff shown in the op

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Looks a Lot like chrome with a skin and a dedicated search bar

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Hmmm. More and more I feel compelled to move over to Firefox. I do like Mozilla better as a company. 

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

I will kill people if that happens. Dedicated search bar is a must.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I will kill people if that happens. Dedicated search bar is a must.

bro we are on totally different books

bro we are on totally different books

Exactly. Isn't it nice how there are 2 different browsers for people who think in opposites about how a browser should be.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

using firefox myself , but with the Classic Theme Restorer add-on

CPU : i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Cooler : NH-D14 | GPU : Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 [OC] | MB : Asus Z87-Pro | RAM : A-DATA 8GB 1600Mhz CL9 XPG Black | SSD : 850Evo 250GB

They already have.

post-7355-0-29664300-1417072179.jpg

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Exactly. Isn't it nice how there are 2 different browsers for people who think in opposites about how a browser should be.

no lol

What if i like firefox but want the search and address bar combined? There should be options on both browsers! :)

They already have.

Capture.JPG

i know but it doesnt have the new features the article is talking about afaik

no lol

What if i like firefox but want the search and address bar combined? There should be options on both browsers! :)

True. But both Google and Mozilla are too arrogant to give options. Google keeps changing the design of its products without giving a fuck about what people think about it and recently Mozilla did the same when they switched to Australis UI. Lots of people didn't like it. Did they give a fuck, no...

True. But both Google and Mozilla are too arrogant to give options. Google keeps changing the design of its products without giving a fuck about what people think about it and recently Mozilla did the same when they switched to Australis UI. Lots of people didn't like it. Did they give a fuck, no...

We need to be given an option to go back to different UI styles, while still retaining all the performance improvements and feature sets.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

mozilla is just trying to appeal to chrome users by looking like chrome... But, like you said, that intern pushes away the long time lovers of the original ui <.<

ergh I hate separate search bars

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii