Best mouse under $80

kmdays
Go to solution Solved by atavax,

everybody says optical and laser are just personal preference, but since my bad experience with the g400s i think optical are not for me :P

What happened is pixart (company with monopoly on building mouse sensors) ruined the 3090 sensor. It was designed to have a max dpi no higher then 3500 and then for marketing hype they increased the max to 4000 and it ruined the feel of the sensor because it required massive smoothing. The S3988 sensor in the 2013 deathadder and deathadder chroma has a similar issue. But if you get a modern optical mouse, using the 3310, 3366, or the AM010 optical sensor you should be fine.

There aren't good and bad things about optical and laser. There are good and bad things about individual sensors. Unfortunately all modern laser sensors have significant acceleration. In the future, there could be good laser sensors. While there is no flaw with the 3366 or 3310 and only a relatively low max speed for the AM010 that 99% of people won't reach. AM010 and 3366 right now are Logitech exclusive. The g502 has the 3366, while the g602, g402, g302, and the g100s has the AM010. Every optical mouse with a max dpi of 5,000 has a 3310 sensor. The Mionix 7000 series also has a 3310 sensor, and the zowie fk1 also has a 3310 sensor. Corsair's implementation of the 3310 is worse then average. Zowie's implementation of the 3310 sensor is better then average.

Hey guys im looking for a good gaming mouse, i don't care about dpi i never used more than 1200-1300, i got my eyes on CM Storm Inferno.... what's your opinion about this one?

pd: sry for my bad english

do you want an optical sensor or a laser or don't you really care? That will make it easier for us to recommend! 

I5-8600K - GTX 1080 - 16GB RAM - 1.5TB SSD

I want everything pink

Get a razer mouse.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

logitech g600 for days!!!!!

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

is assumed that the laser sensors are better right? anyway i used a laser mouse for over 5 years and i got no complaints... so I think I want to stay with the laser sensor

LOGITECH G502 ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

I had bad experience with logitech, i buy a g400s a few months ago, It was the worst purchase of my life...totally inaccurate

I had bad experience with logitech, i buy a g400s a few months ago, It was the worst purchase of my life...totally inaccurate

Not every product is garunteed to work 100% out of the box.

that's really unlucky tbh... I've used Logitech mice my whole life and never had any issue with them. Only my G9x broke down due to a faulty cable (which was very common for that mouse) and I simply received a brand new G500s (didn't make the G9x anymore) within 2 weeks (I think after one week already).

The reviews on the G502 are very good, it has the best sensor and its only 'drawback' is that it's a bit on the heavy side with around 160 grams.

Now, same problems can happen with Razer (especially razer), corsair, roccat, mionix, steelseries, zowie, ....

Now, to decide what mouse we can recommend maybe you could give us a bit more information?

What do you want exactly?

- Any specific colours?

- What kind of grip do you use? (Claw? Palm? A bit of both?)

- do you want extra buttons? If so, how many? 

It'd make it easier for us to recommend you stuff ;)

is assumed that the laser sensors are better right? anyway i used a laser mouse for over 5 years and i got no complaints... so I think I want to stay with the laser sensor

no, there is nothing one technology is capable that the other isn't capable of. But as of lately all the good gaming sensors have been optical.

i would recommend the zowie fk1, logitech g502, logitech g100s.

that's really unlucky tbh... I've used Logitech mice my whole life and never had any issue with them. Only my G9x broke down due to a faulty cable (which was very common for that mouse) and I simply received a brand new G500s (didn't make the G9x anymore) within 2 weeks (I think after one week already).

The reviews on the G502 are very good, it has the best sensor and its only 'drawback' is that it's a bit on the heavy side with around 160 grams.

Now, same problems can happen with Razer (especially razer), corsair, roccat, mionix, steelseries, zowie, ....

Now, to decide what mouse we can recommend maybe you could give us a bit more information?

What do you want exactly?

- Any specific colours?

- What kind of grip do you use? (Claw? Palm? A bit of both?)

- do you want extra buttons? If so, how many? 

It'd make it easier for us to recommend you stuff ;)

-i dont care about colour

- claw

-i need at least 2 extra buttons

-must not have acceleration/precision

no, there is nothing one technology is capable that the other isn't capable of. But as of lately all the good gaming sensors have been optical.

i would recommend the zowie fk1, logitech g502, logitech g100s.

everybody says optical and laser are just personal preference, but since my bad experience with the g400s i think optical are not for me :P

Funny because Laser mice have built-in acceleration which can't be turned off. It could've been that you were the 1 in 10000 that had a malfunctioning mouse when you got yours. Shit happens...

Actually, optical sensors are more accurate compared to laser sensors. Laser sensors tend to have acceleration that can't be turned off. Optical sensors on the other hand, do not have this problem.

That being said, I would recommend the G100, G302, G400, G402, G502, G602 and Razer Deathadder. You can't go wrong with any of them.

What happened is pixart (company with monopoly on building mouse sensors) ruined the 3090 sensor. It was designed to have a max dpi no higher then 3500 and then for marketing hype they increased the max to 4000 and it ruined the feel of the sensor because it required massive smoothing. The S3988 sensor in the 2013 deathadder and deathadder chroma has a similar issue. But if you get a modern optical mouse, using the 3310, 3366, or the AM010 optical sensor you should be fine.

There aren't good and bad things about optical and laser. There are good and bad things about individual sensors. Unfortunately all modern laser sensors have significant acceleration. In the future, there could be good laser sensors. While there is no flaw with the 3366 or 3310 and only a relatively low max speed for the AM010 that 99% of people won't reach. AM010 and 3366 right now are Logitech exclusive. The g502 has the 3366, while the g602, g402, g302, and the g100s has the AM010. Every optical mouse with a max dpi of 5,000 has a 3310 sensor. The Mionix 7000 series also has a 3310 sensor, and the zowie fk1 also has a 3310 sensor. Corsair's implementation of the 3310 is worse then average. Zowie's implementation of the 3310 sensor is better then average.

thx for everything dude, i will give another chance to logitech

hi again, did you think the g402 is a good choice? it has nothing in common with the g400s right?

hi again, did you think the g402 is a good choice? it has nothing in common with the g400s right?

the g402 is a fine choice, especially if you liked the shape and weight of the mx518, g400, or g400s. It uses the AM010 sensor, but it has a much higher max speed then other mice with that sensor because it uses a gyroscope and accelerometer that takes over at the extreme speeds that make the sensor malfunction and would normally make your mouse stop tracking consistently. It also has zero smoothing if you set the DPI to anything below 2,080 and if you set it above, it has only very light smoothing.