BlackBerry wants you to trade you iPhone for a BB Passport

JoaoPRSousa

BlackBerry really wants your business, enough so that it's willing to offer a nice discount this holiday season to iPhone consumers who "trade up" for the BlackBerry Passport. The promotion begins December 1, 2014 and ends on February 13, 2015, and the catch is that customers must purchase the Passport smartphone first before getting the refund.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/blackberry-black-friday-discount-trade-up,news-49302.html

blackberry-passport.jpg

The trade-up promotion includes the iPhone 4S up to the iPhone 6. All iPhone trade-ups receive a BlackBerry "Top-Up" credit of $150; thus, if customers turn in their iPhone 6, they receive up to $400 for the phone and the $150 discount, totaling up to $550. The older iPhone 4S is worth up to $240, the iPhone 5 up to $300, the iPhone 5C up to $280, and the iPhone 5S up to $385. (...) Customers are required to purchase the BlackBerry Passport from the BlackBerry online store in Canada or the United States, or Amazon. Once the phone is purchased, customers pack the iPhone with a Passport's proof of purchase and ship them off to BlackBerry. Customers will get their money within six weeks after BlackBerry inspects the phone and proof of purchase.

I still think this was a nice move, but come on, screwing others is not funny...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

hahahah that is quite a good move to get back taht corporate marketshare from Apple. kinda douchy since they are probably not getting any money from those passports, but still, clever

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Please make the title less of a clickbait.

Please make the title less of a clickbait.

Ah ok xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I don't think you guys realize how large that Blackberry actually is. It is ridiculous.

Intel 4770k EVGA GTX 780 Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H Corsair Vengeance Pro Samsung EVO (RAID0) Corsair Air540 Seasonic SS-660XP2

EK Supremacy Alphacool NexXxoS Swifttech MCP655 Swifttech MicroRes PrimoChill PrimoFlex Tubing Alphacool Compression Fittings NXZT Hue LED Controller

Asus PB278Q Acer H233H Coolermaster Quickfire Corsair M60 FiiO E09K Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Windows 7

I don't think you guys realize how large that Blackberry actually is.

It's the size of a passport. Plenty of people have passports. Almost everyone has seen one.

@ShadowCaptain, you have a few iphones right? would you be interested in this?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

@ShadowCaptain, you have a few iphones right? would you be interested in this?

nope because then I would have to want a blackberry :P

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

nope because then I would have to want a blackberry :P

Shots fired

I thought BB went under already...

Anyway, that thing looks wide as balls. Still, something admirable about an actual keypad vs on screen.

I have to be honest, the Passport does look like a decent phone to play with.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

that thing, the passport, it looks not ugly, but also not pretty, i can't put my finger to it.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.