No Charges For Darren Wilson In Michael Brown Shooting

Ornstein

Deservedness isn't something we look for; we can't prove that one way or the other with evidence. It's just a word that's used in situations like this to elicit an emotional reaction from someone. "He deserved to die" and "He didn't deserve to die" are both just fluff statements. Our actions have effects, or consequences. What do those actions earn us? How do those actions stand in accordance with the law? That's what we must look at.

A moot point as Brown had already escalated the situation beyond the point where the Taser would have been prudent. Even then, there are many uncertainties that come with the Taser like limited range, no guarantee of effectiveness, and its single shot capacity.

Deserved was the wrong term to use....fair enough.

I agree that we have to look the actions of the people involved....Unfortunately, almost none of those actions are very clear.

You say that brown escalted....I would just like to again point out that there is no proof that brown escalated except for the officers word. There are no recordings. There is only conflicting reports and evidence that gives indications but doesn't prove everything.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

You say that brown escalted....I would just like to again point out that there is no proof that brown escalated except for the officers word. There are no recordings. There is only conflicting reports and evidence that gives indications but doesn't prove everything.

You're correct. I've edited the statement to remove that implication. :)

I have to actually get In here and say: What happen was wrong. Both members of the actions that led us to this point were not acting in perfect manor. Although I belive that the police officer should not be in jail. He did what he thought he had to do to save his and others lives. Now is that the right choice? I really do not know. As a fellow Peace Officer I can understand what he did and why This does not make his actions perfect. He does not deserve jail time though.

This pattern of what? People assuming guilt based on no evidence and rioting because of an outcome they didn't like?

If you can't respect the outcome of federal, private, and state investigations, what you are, is a racist. You are assuming the cop was racist against a black kid, because the cop was white. Hence, you are racist. We live in a country where the law is "innocent until PROVEN guilty". End of story, unless you have proof that brown did not escalate (which you dont) and unless you have proof that the shooting was racially motivated on the part of the officer, then you have nothing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This pattern of what? People assuming guilt based on no evidence and rioting because of an outcome they didn't like?

If you can't respect the outcome of federal, private, and state investigations, what you are, is a racist. You are assuming the cop was racist against a black kid, because the cop was white. Hence, you are racist. We live in a country where the law is "innocent until PROVEN guilty". End of story, unless you have proof that brown did not escalate (which you dont) and unless you have proof that the shooting was racially motivated on the part of the officer, then you have nothing.

Best post ever. People like you quite lier all save my life.

Nope. I'm not a racist.

I don't think that Wilson shot and killed Brown because he was black. I do however think he used his weapon when he shouldn't have and wrongly caused the death of an unarmed young man. I do think that his statements about electing not to pick up a tazer when he was going out is very disconcerting.

So thanks though for being retarded and posting one of the shittiest strawman arguments I've seen for a while.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Asshole's.... Someone's should tell the judges that we live in 2014 and not in 1800's when slavery and racism prevailed

"When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics." When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretence of loving liberty -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocracy." -A. Lincoln

No, but seriously, shut up. This has little to do with race and more to do with police-community relations and the advent of social unrest to several shootings. We don't live anywhere near to the 1800's and don't you say that stupid shit again.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Police kinda tires bullying.... Also i ain't white thus i know how discriminatory it can get....

This is not the time to be making stupid accusations of racism against those working within the law. There is now a real push for actual change.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/mike-brown-law-requires-all-state-county-and-local-police-wear-camera/8tlS5czf

What really annoys me about this, is that people are rioting in the streets and looting and lighting small businesses on fire that have nothing to do with this incident whatsoever. What have these business owners done wrong to get their businesses robbed and burnt down... Nothing.

What really annoys me about this, is that people are rioting in the streets and looting and lighting small businesses on fire that have nothing to do with this incident whatsoever. What have these business owners done wrong to get their businesses robbed and burnt down... Nothing.

What's too ironic about that is that it ends up hurting those in the community more so than the businesses. People in the community work at these businesses to put food on the shelves for their families and there might even be a large decrease in investment for the area because it.

It's not what you know.

It's what you can prove in court.

logic in court is not logic.

I hate judges like that, they just encourage things like this happening again. That "police officer" deserves to be stripped of his badge and go to jail for at least 15 years.

did you even READ the case??? look up the FACTS???? Look at all THREE autopsy reports from three different sources.

Jesus fucking Im so sick of Lib and knee jerk reactions when people know jack shit about what happened. Of course I blame the media who cashes in on a riot, wait i mean "peaceful demonstration"... We are doomed as a nation.

FYI 11,000+ African Americans were KILLED in the time trayvon was shot and zimmerman was aquitted. but you all remember one who was selling illegal hand guns, growing weed, running a fight club in school, and was making Sizzurp with teh skittles and Ice T. He had the Rx cough medicine at home.

If Brown did indeed charge at Wilson, there clearly was intent to do harm. At that point it shouldn't matter if he's armed or not.

If Brown had indeed tried to take Wilson's gun already (as Wilson stated), there clearly was intent to acquire a weapon in order to inflict harm.

Notice that I started both lines with the word "if". There's no way of telling what happened.

Either way, Wilson is done as a police officer. Perhaps he can get a desk job in another state, but I really don't see how he'll be able to safely walk the streets anymore.

it was proven the "gentle giant" has gun powder residue on his hand from 2 shots fired inside the officers squad car.

did you even READ the case??? look up the FACTS???? Look at all THREE autopsy reports from three different sources.

Jesus fucking Im so sick of Lib and knee jerk reactions when people know jack shit about what happened. Of course I blame the media who cashes in on a riot, wait i mean "peaceful demonstration"... We are doomed as a nation.

FYI 11,000+ African Americans were KILLED in the time trayvon was shot and zimmerman was aquitted. but you all remember one who was selling illegal hand guns, growing weed, running a fight club in school, and was making Sizzurp with teh skittles and Ice T. He had the Rx cough medicine at home.

It's important to note that while a lot of the protesters were 'loud' the large majority were indeed peaceful who protested with nonviolence.

Please don't post your half-baked conjecture on what Trayvon was doing with his iced tea and skittles on here, it's highly unnecessary and inflamatory.

Telling me what I remember? WRONG. I don't even want to argue with a dumbass who tells me what I think.

It's important to note that while a lot of the protesters were 'loud' the large majority were indeed peaceful who protested with nonviolence.

Please don't post your half-baked conjecture on what Trayvon was doing with his iced tea and skittles on here, it's highly unnecessary and inflamatory.

so explain the 120 gun shots fired by the crowd and not one bullet from a police fire arm. how is that peaceful?

the other point was what people focus on without looking into facts and the story. he was a piece of garbage too. they just read one sentence of a head line and go with it. even after the President speaks on the subject. its a criminal thing not a race thing!!! Brown just strong arm robbed a store for blunts then assaults a cop and tries to take his gun and people think he was this sweet innocent boy with a bright future...

so explain the 120 gun shots fired by the crowd and not one bullet from a police fire arm. how is that peaceful?

the other point was what people focus on without looking into facts and the story. he was a piece of garbage too. they just read one sentence of a head line and go with it. even after the President speaks on the subject. its a criminal thing not a race thing!!! Brown just strong arm robbed a store for blunts then assaults a cop and tries to take his gun and people think he was this sweet innocent boy with a bright future...

You're obviously not helpful to this particular public discourse, your tone and rhetoric show this. Never mind the fact that you have provided false conjecture into topics that have nothing to do with these events, you have continued to provoke with your general lack of human empathy in almost all regards. I consider this all a form of either complete incompetence, trolling, and/or hijacking of topics.

I wish you the best of luck in coming to terms with your angst filled leaning in associating someone's supposed criminality with their right to life.

What a ridiculous assumption on your part. Just because I was not there and don't have evidence to the contrary means I am a racist? Get over yourself.

EDIT: And to be clear I never said anywhere in this thread that the tragedy was race related. I was referring to the pattern of excessive force used by this nation's police force. If you pay any attention at all to the news you will see this pattern play out time and time again.

"Yet another stands before us... Then so be it. For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."

It disgusts me that instead on focusing on issues, Ferguson is made to be pure white vs black race baiting and nothing more. It's so obvious that one must be a bit mental to be okay with "African American victim / white police officer" vs "Officer gunned down unarmed suspect"  No one is truly innocent and to imply this was a pure attack based on racial grounds and painting the victim as being 100% innocent is whitewashing the issue entirely. There was the footage of Michael Brown not exactly being the angel the media is trying to make him out to be prior to the shooting. (petty theft doesn't justify murder, however.) It's a case of an incompetent police force with an ego trip and an unfortunate turn of events that have lead to senseless looting (which has nothing to do with murder in the first place and contradicts the we want justice message that the media is trying to send with race bait articles) 

PS: Some of the officers at Ferguson were black. This is not a white against black conspiracy. To even imply such makes *you* an ironic racist. I also have a buddy who lives 15mins from Ferguson and he was actually there to witness recent events. Several arrests of looters were people who were out of state. There is a huge clusterfuck in that area that trumps all the mass hysteria race baiting articles combined. 

What a ridiculous assumption on your part. Just because I was not there and don't have evidence to the contrary means I am a racist? Get over yourself.

EDIT: And to be clear I never said anywhere in this thread that the tragedy was race related. I was referring to the pattern of excessive force used by this nation's police force. If you pay any attention at all to the news you will see this pattern play out time and time again.

I'm pointing out that quite a lot of the people rioting are making the assumption that the police officer shot the kid because he was black. The assumption that "all white cops are racist" etc.

It's funny, everyone demanded the federal government investigate, and when they did, still get mad because they didn't get the outcome they wanted or thought they deserved based on absolutely no evidence. You lunge at a cop who has his gun drawn, and you will get shot, no matter what.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm pointing out that quite a lot of the people rioting are making the assumption that the police officer shot the kid because he was black. The assumption that "all white cops are racist" etc.

It's funny, everyone demanded the federal government investigate, and when they did, still get mad because they didn't get the outcome they wanted or thought they deserved based on absolutely no evidence. You lunge at a cop who has his gun drawn, and you will get shot, no matter what.

Again, you continue to put words in the mouths of those whose motives you do not completely know. You are hypocritically preaching about evidence of intent and motives while coming to your own biased conjecture about the rioters. 

You should maybe spend some time reflecting upon that last sentence, "You lunge at a cop who has his gun drawn, and you will get shot, no matter what," how do you think it resonates with people who have come to be distrustful of the police and the power they hold. 

Hell, you don't even need to lunge at a cop to get shot. Complying with their orders is enough for some! :(

Warning: People are shot in these videos. One dies.

"You lunge at a cop who has his gun drawn, and you will get shot, no matter what," how do you think it resonates with people who have come to be distrustful of the police and the power they hold. 

It's not just police, if someone comes at me with lethal intent, I will kill them.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Didn't the guy attack the police officer? That's what I heard. It's not surprising really. Give the police guns and it's what they will turn to. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"