No Charges For Darren Wilson In Michael Brown Shooting

Ornstein

I hate stupid people.  That's not kind of me, it's not a stupid persons fault they are stupid, that kind of comes with birth, but they annoy me just the same.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I watched a live stream of the crowds as the decision was being read. It was actually very interesting to watch the series of events immediately leading up to the unrest.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I hate stupid people.  That's not kind of me, it's not a stupid persons fault they are stupid, that kind of comes with birth, but they annoy me just the same.

I know. Mental illness runs in the family and it's nothing to be ashamed of!

Meanwhile, I think the U.S. government handled this issue very inefficiently.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Shame the media was giving attention to a shirt a guy wore because of man hating feminists and Kim Kardashian's ass. A friend of mine lives 15 mins from there and he was mentioning this in the Skype group I'm part of. 

I'm not sure if you guys have heard about this, but here's a link to read about it more. http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/michael-brown-shooting/ferguson-cop-not-indicted-shooting-michael-brown-n255391

Here's are some pictures of the protest right now. 

d8oHw9l.jpg

0PyrBtk.jpg

FN2VH6p.jpg

4UMFa4u.jpg

yY7Guea.gif

TNZac6S.jpg

kYl11b6.jpg

There's also a live stream of it. http://new.livestream.com/accounts/2075940/events/1701970

That's insane.  There is a right and wrong way to protest.  This is definitely the wrong way.

"Yet another stands before us... Then so be it. For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers."

Normally, I don't think too highly of the police, but if you charge an officer like you're going to kill them, you're going to get shot. It's trash like Brown that's out destroying the city.

Behave yourself.
You need to behave yourself, boy.

This is all I have to say take it as you wish. 

Jury was 70% white, 30% black, whilst Ferguson is 2/3 black. 90% of the people in government positions and the police force are white. Lead prosecutor is pro-police. We live in a world of technology that gives us tazers and pepper spray, non-fatal alternatives to guns, yet somehow we do not use them. We live in a tech world highly capable of providing officers with body cameras to protect the officers and the citizens by providing hard evidence to juries.  While this all unfolds, you will continually have unenlightened individuals screaming that Brown 'deserved' to be shot dead, that he was trash and that these people are trash.

Seems like justice to me. American justice.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Jury was 70% white, 30% black, whilst Ferguson is 2/3 black. 90% of the people in government positions and the police force are white. Lead prosecutor is pro-police. We live in a world of technology that gives us tazers and pepper spray, non-fatal alternatives to guns, yet somehow we do not use them. We live in a tech world highly capable of providing officers with body cameras to protect the officers and the citizens by providing hard evidence to juries.  While this all unfolds, you will continually have unenlightened individuals screaming that Brown 'deserved' to be shot dead, that he was trash and that these people are trash.

Assuming or implying the members of the jury or police force are biased by the color of their skin seems highly racist in itself. I thought we were trying to get past all this?

Less lethal options were taken off the table when the struggle for Wilson's firearm ensued. I do agree that money spent on MRAPs and riot gear would be better spent on cameras.

It's unfortunate that Brown was killed. It's unfortunate that Wilson had to defend his life. It's unfortunate that no amount of evidence will change the prejudices of some people.

Assuming or implying the members of the jury or police force are biased by the color of their skin seems highly racist in itself. I thought we were trying to get past all this?

Less lethal options were taken off the table when the struggle for Wilson's firearm ensued. I do agree that money spent on MRAPs and riot gear would be better spent on cameras.

It's unfortunate that Brown was killed. It's unfortunate that Wilson had to defend his life. It's unfortunate that no amount of evidence will change the prejudices of some people.

Too suggest that white juries are more likely to convict a black person than a white person or that a white jury is more likely to not indict a white police officer is not racist....There is research behind it.

http://today.duke.edu/2012/04/jurystudy

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/04/study-all-white-juries-more-likely-convict-black-defendants

http://www.ase.tufts.edu/psychology/sommerslab/documents/raceRealSommersEllsworth2001.pdf

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Too suggest that white juries are more likely to convict a black person than a white person or that a white jury is more likely to not indict a white police officer is not racist....There is research behind it.

http://today.duke.edu/2012/04/jurystudy

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/04/study-all-white-juries-more-likely-convict-black-defendants

http://www.ase.tufts.edu/psychology/sommerslab/documents/raceRealSommersEllsworth2001.pdf

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen. But implying a juror's skin color is the determinant for their actions is racist.

I'm willing to bet that none of you were actually there so you have no idea what happened. Therefore, you cannot condemn this man based off of what the "witnesses" said, who's testimonies were debunked based off of evidence.

All of this shit is blown up because of social media, and now (AGAIN) a man is going to live the rest of his life in fear for his and his family's lives. If I were him I'd probably get everyone's names changed and move across the country, but even then he'd probably run into some nutjob who thinks they're better than the law and will kill the man.

You know, the people who are rioting, destroying city and private property, looting stores in the name of Michael Brown are proving everyone's points about those kind of people: they are not being rational, and they themselves are being racist about the entire situation. The majority of the people being morons and destroying the city didn't see what happened, so they have no say-so in that situation.

This shit just absolutely blows my mind, and it blows my mind even more that a lot of you are buying into the "Michael Brown is innocent and the police officer should be put in prison!" trend. You have no fucking idea what happened and you're just going off of people's opinions. You cannot fight evidence. Stop trying to be edgy with the whole "fuck da police" attitude. When you're in need of help, don't you dare dial 911.

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen. But implying a juror's skin color is the determinant for their actions is racist.

I agree. It is not the deternimant for their actions. I just wanted to object if you were suggesting that race never plays a factor.

I'm willing to bet that none of you were actually there so you have no idea what happened. Therefore, you cannot condemn this man based off of what the "witnesses" said, who's testimonies were debunked based off of evidence.

All of this shit is blown up because of social media, and now (AGAIN) a man is going to live the rest of his life in fear for his and his family's lives. If I were him I'd probably get everyone's names changed and move across the country, but even then he'd probably run into some nutjob who thinks they're better than the law and will kill the man.

You know, the people who are rioting, destroying city and private property, looting stores in the name of Michael Brown are proving everyone's points about those kind of people: they are not being rational, and they themselves are being racist about the entire situation. The majority of the people being morons and destroying the city didn't see what happened, so they have no say-so in that situation.

This shit just absolutely blows my mind, and it blows my mind even more that a lot of you are buying into the "Michael Brown is innocent and the police officer should be put in prison!" trend. You have no fucking idea what happened and you're just going off of people's opinions. You cannot fight evidence. Stop trying to be edgy with the whole "fuck da police" attitude. When you're in need of help, don't you dare dial 911.

I actually agree that we have to be careful to judge. But you are clearly very comfortable with judging that Michael Brown deserved to be shot.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

But you are clearly very comfortable with judging that Michael Brown deserved to be shot.

Nothing about his post suggests that. Please, no strawman. :(

I actually agree that we have to be careful to judge. But you are clearly very comfortable with judging that Michael Brown deserved to be shot.

None of what I said swayed either way, so I don't know how you made that assumption.

If you're drawing it from my "cannot fight the evidence" statement, that was merely a jab at so-called "eye-witness testimonials" that didn't add up to the evidence that was presented to said eye-witnesses who all of a sudden changed their stories when confronted.

Nothing about his post suggests that. Please, no strawman. :(

None of what I said swayed either way, so I don't know how you made that assumption.

If you're drawing it from my "cannot fight the evidence" statement, that was merely a jab at so-called "eye-witness testimonials" that didn't add up to the evidence that was presented to said eye-witnesses who all of a sudden changed their stories when confronted.

I was referring to "cannot fight the evidence" and "This shit just absolutely blows my mind, and it blows my mind even more that a lot of you are buying into the "Michael Brown is innocent and the police officer should be put in prison!" trend"

But I apologize if I read that wrongly.

Because I agree that we need to not convict anybody when we don't know the fact....And that goes for both the officer and Michael Brown.

Im saddened that this was picked as the case that blew everything up, since there are so much confusion and conflicting information about the actual shooting because there IS a problem in the US with far too many unarmed and innocent black people being shot by police that are far more clear and where the officers actually seemed clearly guilty. This one is far more unclear in my opinion.

I was referring to "cannot fight the evidence" and "This shit just absolutely blows my mind, and it blows my mind even more that a lot of you are buying into the "Michael Brown is innocent and the police officer should be put in prison!" trend"

But I apologize if I read that wrongly.

Because I agree that we need to not convict anybody when we don't know the fact....And that goes for both the officer and Michael Brown.

Im saddened that this was picked as the case that blew everything up, since there are so much confusion and conflicting information about the actual shooting because there IS a problem in the US with far too many unarmed and innocent black people being shot by police that are far more clear and where the officers actually seemed clearly guilty. This one is far more unclear in my opinion.

Not every single piece of information and evidence is going to be released to the public via easy-to-access news media. Most of the confusion everyone is getting is due to the opinions of people who have no idea what actually happened and automatically jump the gun because they're trying to be edgy and anti-government/anti-police.

I trust the people who made the decision actually made the decision with sufficient facts and judged accordingly.

The jury was racist, biased, and white. Is this why everyone is protesting?

? 3 of the jurors were/are black ( 3 black females to be exact )

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Not every single piece of information and evidence is going to be released to the public via easy-to-access news media. Most of the confusion everyone is getting is due to the opinions of people who have no idea what actually happened and automatically jump the gun because they're trying to be edgy and anti-government/anti-police.

I trust the people who made the decision actually made the decision with sufficient facts and judged accordingly.

Yes....But I would like to point out that there are plenty of people who are pro police who have made some giant leaps as well.

But yes...I trust that they didn't have enough information to indict.

Doesn't mean that Michael Browns actions deserved his fate....

Hopefully, we will have tools in the future that would give us better information. Body cameras, body mics and similar things are luckily getting more used.

And I don't listen to opinion people. I my information from research and a fundamental principle of multiple sources and not trusting sources with too much bias, especially if not cooperated by other sources.

Great now in middle of classes idiots are yelling "Fk the Police" & throwing flyers. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I've seen too many people saying that he deserved to die to want to stay in this country any longer. People have been stupid on both sides, a testament to the degradation of American culture. From the violent rioters to the idiots on forums fully trusting the decisions of a jury, I've seen the evidence too - it's not overwhelming.

I've seen too much pro police-despotism, too many who say that police are completely justified in using lethal force.

He was obviously not going to be indicted, and stupid people falsely hoped for social change out of a grand jury's decision. These protests and riots did nothing but stir up tensions and animosity. I laughed everyday at the idiots who went out marching in the streets in Ferguson, thinking that would result in some sort of change in anything.

We have long had the means to keep the peace without using lethal weaponry, yet people seem content with this cycle of violence, people seem completely fine that an officer of the law ELECTED, CHOSE not to carry a tazer that day because 'it feels weird wearing it'.

So I'll take my engineering degree, I'll become financially stable, and I can pack my bags and take my ultimately opposed ideals elsewhere. The last election proved this, people don't even care to vote anymore in this country, it's not a democracy when not one single candidate won whose campaign funding was lower.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Doesn't mean that Michael Browns actions deserved his fate....

Deservedness isn't something we look for; we can't prove that one way or the other with evidence. It's just a word that's used in situations like this to elicit an emotional reaction from someone. "He deserved to die" and "He didn't deserve to die" are both just fluff statements. Our actions have effects, or consequences. What do those actions earn us? How do those actions stand in accordance with the law? That's what we must look at.

We have long had the means to keep the peace without using lethal weaponry, yet people seem content with this cycle of violence, people seem completely fine that an officer of the law ELECTED, CHOSE not to carry a tazer that day because 'it feels weird wearing it'.

A moot point as the situation had already escalated beyond the point where the Taser would have been prudent. Even then, there are many uncertainties that come with the Taser like limited range, no guarantee of effectiveness, and its single shot capacity.

Edited by cae