Assassin's Creed Unity - after PATCHED - TOTAL ICE!

randy hutajulu

It depends on the engine. 30 FPS in any source game = unplayable, 30 FPS in Crysis 1 = perfectly fine. Hell, I remember when Cryris 1 came out. I was getting 20 FPS and the game was playable.

ACU runs like shit even on 60 FPS. And it's not even stable. That's the problem.

And no, I can't excuse their mistakes because Ubisoft is a really old company and they have a lot of experience.

The problem is they use their experience for shitty marketing decisions and similar.

All they do is saying that PC gamers pirate their games.

NO FUCKING WONDERS UBILOL.

Also, ACU is not a good game. It's a mediocre game with mediocre graphics and terrible optimization.

That's what ACU is.

The main story is even shorter than Black Flag.

Nah, not even thinking about being nice about Ubilol.

This year they fucked up everything.

ACU is shit, FC4 requires a quadcore just because it runs on core #3.

Other cores are doing nothing.

Is it normal? NO, and I can't excuse them.

So yeah, Ubilol deserves all the hate they are getting.

so u can make a game? go try it yourself.

i didnt say that this is a very good game at all.

i play it coz i want it and i think i have a quite capable PC to make this game quite playable.

thats is the only reason.

if u dont want it so just dont buy it. what is the point of blaming them anyway? u still have a lot of option on the market anyway.

Hummm, will test the UPDATE on AMD hardware tomorrow. Stopped playing it when I completed the main (and alarmingly short) narrative last week.

aye sir. please share it here if u dont mind. that will be a lot helpful for AMD users :)

i don't know what's special about my rig or not... but ever since like AC brotherhood or something i just see the same mistakes, those "lines" , like someone was drawing something and then just put it next to it but you can still see where one begins and one ends...

you know... AC bugs. Don't get me wrong, i'm an AC fanboy i have a few figurines (not AC3 , AC3 sucked) so maybe i'm blind, but usually it's hate or love the main guy :P

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

so u can make a game? go try it yourself.

i didnt say that this is a very good game at all.

i play it coz i want it and i think i have a quite capable PC to make this game quite playable.

thats is the only reason.

if u dont want it so just dont buy it. what is the point of blaming them anyway? u still have a lot of option on the market anyway.

No, I can't make a game. I'm an architect. But if I build a house that is missing some windows, the doorway is not wide enough, the stairs are hard to climb, I use bad materials so if there is an earthquake the house just falls apart and on top of that I advertise it as a great and modern house, I'm not gonna get any love from the family that bought that house.

Me, as a customer, have the right to express the fact that I'm not satisfied.

I gave them my hard earned money. Not the other way around.

I can blame them for their mistakes.

Mainly when this is the second time in a row they fuck up.

I can get over one mistake. I can't get over multiple mistakes and all the bullshit Ubilol spreads.

All that stuff about resolution and framerate and about PC gamers pirating their games.

No wonders Ubilol.

I remember 2008. I bought AC 1 because it looked like a pretty cool game. I wasn't able to play it because of their retarded DRM.

A friend of mine didn't have the money to buy the game. He pirated it a few days before the release and it was running just fine.

I had to wait 2 or 3 days to play the game.

So no, there's no way I'm gonna show love to Ubilol after flops like AC 1, ACU, Splinter Cell Conviction, Watch_Dogs ( I could include FC4 too ) and all the bullshit they talked about in the last year.

Other than this, all that shit about the framerate and resolution could become a trend on PC. And nobody wants that. The Evil Within was fucked up when it came out. 30FPS lock and a letterbox aspect ratio. It took them two weeks to fix it. Why? Because the PC community wasn't happy.

I give them credit when they deserve it though. Far Cry 3 was a great game. So is FC4 ( the optimization is mediocre but the game is good ). Splinter Cell Black list is a great game and I like AC Black flag a lot. 

Give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's. But if they fuck up, I'm gonna say they fucked up.

What is the point of blaming them?

Well, there might be someone out there that listens to me ( and people like me ) and instead of spending their money on ACU, they'll get a really good game like Alien Isolation for example.

Big review websites and magazines are completely useless at this point because people don't trust them anymore. People trust forums, indie reviewers and Streamers/Youtubers.

And I noticed this with my small viewer base. People ask me what game they should get and what do I think about game x or game y.

That's why I think that being honest and expressing my opinions is important.

No, I can't make a game. I'm an architect. But if I build a house that is missing some windows, the doorway is not wide enough, the stairs are hard to climb, I use bad materials so if there is an earthquake the house just falls apart and on top of that I advertise it as a great and modern house, I'm not gonna get any love from the family that bought that house.

Me, as a customer, have the right to express the fact that I'm not satisfied.

I gave them my hard earned money. Not the other way around.

I can blame them for their mistakes.

Mainly when this is the second time in a row they fuck up.

I can get over one mistake. I can't get over multiple mistakes and all the bullshit Ubilol spreads.

All that stuff about resolution and framerate and about PC gamers pirating their games.

No wonders Ubilol.

I remember 2008. I bought AC 1 because it looked like a pretty cool game. I wasn't able to play it because of their retarded DRM.

A friend of mine didn't have the money to buy the game. He pirated it a few days before the release and it was running just fine.

I had to wait 2 or 3 days to play the game.

So no, there's no way I'm gonna show love to Ubilol after flops like AC 1, ACU, Splinter Cell Conviction, Watch_Dogs ( I could include FC4 too ) and all the bullshit they talked about in the last year.

Other than this, all that shit about the framerate and resolution could become a trend on PC. And nobody wants that. The Evil Within was fucked up when it came out. 30FPS lock and a letterbox aspect ratio. It took them two weeks to fix it. Why? Because the PC community wasn't happy.

I give them credit when they deserve it though. Far Cry 3 was a great game. So is FC4 ( the optimization is mediocre but the game is good ). Splinter Cell Black list is a great game and I like AC Black flag a lot. 

Give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's. But if they fuck up, I'm gonna say they fucked up.

What is the point of blaming them?

Well, there might be someone out there that listens to me ( and people like me ) and instead of spending their money on ACU, they'll get a really good game like Alien Isolation for example.

Big review websites and magazines are completely useless at this point because people don't trust them anymore. People trust forums, indie reviewers and Streamers/Youtubers.

And I noticed this with my small viewer base. People ask me what game they should get and what do I think about game x or game y.

That's why I think that being honest and expressing my opinions is important.

ok this is funny, i'm also an architect buddy. nice to know u hahaha... :D

but, maybe, i said maybe, we're a bit different. i'm not working at architecture consultant. i'm working at property developer. my recent project that i handle right now is a penthouse apartment. maybe we can use this as a parable.

lets say that the penthouse is the assassins creed unity, i put a quite high price for the penthouse unit (around $900,000 for the cheapest type) and now we have a deadline problem that makes us tolerant many many things (described as bugs and any problem with ACU). yea, it's not a finished product, we make a lot of mistakes because of it. but, our customers (we can describe it gamers with a capable PC) which is have a lot money don't really care about it because they like it, they like the strategic location of the penthouse itself (we can describe it as assassins creed name and story concept). they still buy it anyway.

did we push them to buy our product? the answer is no. but basically, our product isn't for anyone anyway.

i don't know what's special about my rig or not... but ever since like AC brotherhood or something i just see the same mistakes, those "lines" , like someone was drawing something and then just put it next to it but you can still see where one begins and one ends...

you know... AC bugs. Don't get me wrong, i'm an AC fanboy i have a few figurines (not AC3 , AC3 sucked) so maybe i'm blind, but usually it's hate or love the main guy :P

ahahah.. AC brotherhood is also my first AC. hahahaha... that's the point, we buy it because we simply want it.

ok this is funny, i'm also an architect buddy. nice to know u hahaha... :D

but, maybe, i said maybe, we're a bit different. i'm not working at architecture consultant. i'm working at property developer. my recent project that i handle right now is a penthouse apartment. maybe we can use this as a parable.

lets say that the penthouse is the assassins creed unity, i put a quite high price for the penthouse unit (around $900,000 for the cheapest type) and now we have a deadline problem that makes us tolerant many many things (described as bugs and any problem with ACU). yea, it's not a finished product, we make a lot of mistakes because of it. but, our customers (we can describe it gamers with a capable PC) which is have a lot money don't really care about it because they like it, they like the strategic location of the penthouse itself (we can describe it as assassins creed name and story concept). they still buy it anyway.

did we push them to buy our product? the answer is no. but basically, our product isn't for anyone anyway.

Oh, cool stuff.

After 2 years of working for my dad's friend, I'm trying to go independent. Basically I do everything. It's like working 3 jobs. Now I'm even helping on the construction site.

But that's not the point, let's get back to the game.

Let's say you just built a family house and you are trying to sell it ( You just finished the development of ACU and now the advertisment begins. )

A customer approaches you ( a gamer that wants to buy ACU ). You show him the project and some pictures ( ACU trailers and similar ) but you don't show him the house ( There are no demos for ACU ).

He trusts you because he saw your previous projects ( AC Franchise ) and he knows that he can afford it ( decent PC ). He knows that you failed in the past ( Conviction, Watch_Dogs, Ubilol DRMs etc etc ) but he decides to buy the house anyway. And he'll do it without checking it out.

You start the paperwork and give him the keys ( license of the game ).

The day after that the customer starts moving to the house and the first thing he notices is the fact that the house doesn't look as good as it looked on the pictures ( Ubilol downgrading the graphics on PC ) and the terrible stairs that lead to the entrance door. They are hard to climb and he needs to use more strenght than he should ( Mediocre visual quality, high requirements ).

But since he's a strong guy ( Decent PC ) he doesn't care that much.

Now he's done with the moving and starts to live in his new house.

He immediately notices a few problems with the house ( ingame bugs ). Some are big, others not so big.

So he calls you and tells you that there are some problems with the house ( the community whining etc etc ) and asks you to come in and fix them.

You come in and fix some small problems right away ( First patches ) but leave the big problems there ( the terrible optimization, game breaking bugs etc etc ).

After almost 3 weeks you don't even show up, you don't answer your client's calls and you start to work on other projects ( DLCs, other games ).

Obviously the customer is pissed but instead of helping him or at least trying to reassure him that everything will be fixed, you start yelling and flaming all your customers ( Ubilol accusing the 95% of PC gamer of piracy ).

Yes, he can live inside the house and he kind of likes it but he's not satisfied. He was promised a nice and big house but he got a small house ( the game is pretty short ) with a lot of problems.

What can he do?

He can't return the house and he can't resell it because if he does, he'll sell every house he owns in that city ( Uplay ).

All he can do is to tell everyone his experience with you and not buy from you anymore.

And this is basically what happend with ACU and with Watch_Dogs.

I won't buy the next Ubilol game without trying the pirate version first ( I already do that with every game I'm interrested in). And I think that everyone should do that. Mainly to test the performance. Especially if you are buying the game when it's released.

And you know that the performance won't get that much better.

In 15 years of PC gaming, the only game that went from complete shit performance to good performance was Red Orchestra 2.

So yeah, this is how I think.

But that's because for me every cent I earn has a great value since I work a lot ( well, I'm not gonna work for a few days now. There's Dreamhack Winter ). Maybe you don't care because you earn a lot more than me and the 60 bucks won't change your life. 

I'm an architect and I'm trying to start my own company. I break my back for almost 10-14 hours a day and I still can't afford a new gaming PC. I can buy 1 or 2 games a month.So if I get fucked like I got fucked with Unity, it pisses me off.

I preordered Unity 2 months ago because I had plans with a bigger Youtuber and we would play the coop. Since he has over 100k subs and I have only 1.7k, it would help my channel a lot.

Then they released the minimum requirements and I couldn't believe them. Since it was Ubilol and Watch_Dogs ran ok on my PC ( lowest settings I was getting 60 FPS on my Phenom II X4 955, GTX 470 SC and 4 GB RAM ) I didn't cancel the preorder.

Then I got Unity and I was getting 20 FPS on the highest settings. 22 on the lowest settings.

The thing is, the visual quality didn't justify the requirements. And that made me super mad.

Then I called a friend of mine and he brought his gaming machine to my house.

He has an i7 4770k, GTX 780Ti, and 16 GB RAM. The game ran at 60 FPS. The problem is it wasn't stable and even at 60FPS the game wasn't smooth.

He was so nice to let me keep the PC to do some more testing and to record the game for my channel but it was almost unplayable for me. Not only because of the poor performance but also because of some gamebreaking bugs. ( I have to say though, I'm kind of picky when it comes to the framerate. I can't stand drops. Even the small ones ).

So yeah, I think that Ubilol deserves all the hate they are getting. Not only because of Unity but because of all those fails and bullshit from this year.

Oh, cool stuff.

After 2 years of working for my dad's friend, I'm trying to go independent. Basically I do everything. It's like working 3 jobs. Now I'm even helping on the construction site.

But that's not the point, let's get back to the game.

Let's say you just built a family house and you are trying to sell it ( You just finished the development of ACU and now the advertisment begins. )

A customer approaches you ( a gamer that wants to buy ACU ). You show him the project and some pictures ( ACU trailers and similar ) but you don't show him the house ( There are no demos for ACU ).

He trusts you because he saw your previous projects ( AC Franchise ) and he knows that he can afford it ( decent PC ). He knows that you failed in the past ( Conviction, Watch_Dogs, Ubilol DRMs etc etc ) but he decides to buy the house anyway. And he'll do it without checking it out.

You start the paperwork and give him the keys ( license of the game ).

The day after that the customer starts moving to the house and the first thing he notices is the fact that the house doesn't look as good as it looked on the pictures ( Ubilol downgrading the graphics on PC ) and the terrible stairs that lead to the entrance door. They are hard to climb and he needs to use more strenght than he should ( Mediocre visual quality, high requirements ).

But since he's a strong guy ( Decent PC ) he doesn't care that much.

Now he's done with the moving and starts to live in his new house.

He immediately notices a few problems with the house ( ingame bugs ). Some are big, others not so big.

So he calls you and tells you that there are some problems with the house ( the community whining etc etc ) and asks you to come in and fix them.

You come in and fix some small problems right away ( First patches ) but leave the big problems there ( the terrible optimization, game breaking bugs etc etc ).

After almost 3 weeks you don't even show up, you don't answer your client's calls and you start to work on other projects ( DLCs, other games ).

Obviously the customer is pissed but instead of helping him or at least trying to reassure him that everything will be fixed, you start yelling and flaming all your customers ( Ubilol accusing the 95% of PC gamer of piracy ).

Yes, he can live inside the house and he kind of likes it but he's not satisfied. He was promised a nice and big house but he got a small house ( the game is pretty short ) with a lot of problems.

What can he do?

He can't return the house and he can't resell it because if he does, he'll sell every house he owns in that city ( Uplay ).

All he can do is to tell everyone his experience with you and not buy from you anymore.

And this is basically what happend with ACU and with Watch_Dogs.

I won't buy the next Ubilol game without trying the pirate version first ( I already do that with every game I'm interrested in). And I think that everyone should do that. Mainly to test the performance. Especially if you are buying the game when it's released.

And you know that the performance won't get that much better.

In 15 years of PC gaming, the only game that went from complete shit performance to good performance was Red Orchestra 2.

So yeah, this is how I think.

But that's because for me every cent I earn has a great value since I work a lot ( well, I'm not gonna work for a few days now. There's Dreamhack Winter ). Maybe you don't care because you earn a lot more than me and the 60 bucks won't change your life. 

I'm an architect and I'm trying to start my own company. I break my back for almost 10-14 hours a day and I still can't afford a new gaming PC. I can buy 1 or 2 games a month.So if I get fucked like I got fucked with Unity, it pisses me off.

I preordered Unity 2 months ago because I had plans with a bigger Youtuber and we would play the coop. Since he has over 100k subs and I have only 1.7k, it would help my channel a lot.

Then they released the minimum requirements and I couldn't believe them. Since it was Ubilol and Watch_Dogs ran ok on my PC ( lowest settings I was getting 60 FPS on my Phenom II X4 955, GTX 470 SC and 4 GB RAM ) I didn't cancel the preorder.

Then I got Unity and I was getting 20 FPS on the highest settings. 22 on the lowest settings.

The thing is, the visual quality didn't justify the requirements. And that made me super mad.

Then I called a friend of mine and he brought his gaming machine to my house.

He has an i7 4770k, GTX 780Ti, and 16 GB RAM. The game ran at 60 FPS. The problem is it wasn't stable and even at 60FPS the game wasn't smooth.

He was so nice to let me keep the PC to do some more testing and to record the game for my channel but it was almost unplayable for me. Not only because of the poor performance but also because of some gamebreaking bugs. ( I have to say though, I'm kind of picky when it comes to the framerate. I can't stand drops. Even the small ones ).

So yeah, I think that Ubilol deserves all the hate they are getting. Not only because of Unity but because of all those fails and bullshit from this year.

ahhahaha... yea.. i know your problem buddy. most of ACU customer here have the same problem just like u. i said before, be a wise buyer. u can know everything on internet. it's not that hard. they didn't ask u to buy their product at the first place. it's totally up to u. so be wise. see every reviews about it or maybe play the pirated version first (just like u always do) and if u don't like it just don't buy it.

the only thing that i don't understand is why didn't u do your own methods before u do it? 

i've never pre-order anything anymore since Call of Duty Modern Warfare I (PS3). that game was pissing me off. i finished that game only for 1 night. hahahaha....

since then i always do more and more research before buying games.

why i play this ACU? it's simply because i want it, i like the black flag so much, and even after i saw every single reviews about it, i still want it.

why i don't play far cry 4? it's simply because i don't like the far cry 3. 

so be wise, because it's totally your decision