Assassin's Creed Unity - after PATCHED - TOTAL ICE!

randy hutajulu

It's a good looking game when maxed out, no doubt.

But not quite good enough to justify the performance...

Yea.. This so objective. That's why i said on the first page that this is my own experience.

I just don't like people overblaming something.

Thats why i made this post.

Last time i saw some people talked so many shit about ubisoft, especially ACU and i checked their specs. Some uses GTX 560 or GTX 750 abd even GT class.

For God's sake! Stop doing that.

Making game is not an easy job at all. Respect them, they do mistakes sometimes. But remember they (especially ubisoft) made so many good title before this.

1080p -_-

Pretty pathetic aye haha

What on earth make u do SLI 980 for 1080p hahahaha...

Sorry buddy, im kidding.

Really? U only have 30 FPS with TXAA on 1080?

I think this game doesnt scale SLI properly just like watchdogs.

What about higher res (without AA)? Has anyone done some benchmark on 1600p or 4k?

randy hutajulu, on 24 Nov 2014 - 6:52 PM, said:

What on earth make u do SLI 980 for 1080p hahahaha...

Sorry buddy, im kidding.

Really? U only have 30 FPS with TXAA on 1080?

I think this game doesnt scale SLI properly just like watchdogs.

What about higher res (without AA)? Has anyone done some benchmark on 1600p or 4k?

I didn't say I get 30fps with TXAA, it's around 45-50 average.

Well I got 2 980's because I also use NVIDIA Surround from time to time and also use 1440p/4k DSR.

I got decent performance at 1440p DSR with FXAA (infact I actually think it ran better lol :S)

I can try 4k DSR if you like.

Sorry guys... But why buy a 980 and only push 1080p?... Seems silly to me... Why even have a card that pushes DP1.2 as standard when u could easily buy something cheaper(admittedly would use a little more power,produce more heat, but more than capable at HDMI) ... 

I didn't say I get 30fps with TXAA, it's around 45-50 average.

Well I got 2 980's because I also use NVIDIA Surround from time to time and also use 1440p/4k DSR.

I got decent performance at 1440p DSR with FXAA (infact I actually think it ran better lol :S)

I can try 4k DSR if you like.

Try it please. Hahaha.. I really wanna see.

My 780 mximum DSR is 1600p. 4k is so unplayable.

VRAM i use at 4K... Sorry i took these from my phone camera.. The First is a pic of the scene i used, something simple just standing in front of the fountain with some ambient inclusions, the second my VRAM at only FXAA.. Third is MSAA x 2, Fourth x4.. Admittedly i really i don't think people should need MSAA at 4k but even with FXAA it still maxes out especially for people that have 980 4gb cards... Excuse the high temps i did this quick without my profiles set.. And clock speeds drop when you hit ESC..

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

randy hutajulu, on 24 Nov 2014 - 7:07 PM, said:

Try it please. Hahaha.. I really wanna see.

My 780 mximum DSR is 1600p. 4k is so unplayable.

Bit weird. I tried it on my TV and I was getting 70+FPS and it felt really smooth...then I noticed the refresh rate was at 24hz for some reason so I turned it up to 60 and the FPS dropped like a sack of shit. was averaging 35-45.

But my advice is, if u want the best gaming experience with this game, just work harder and buy a better GPU for it and stop blaming Ubisoft coz it doesn't run nicely on low end GPUs.

Good advise, shall I'll just stop feeding my family just so I can buy a nvidia card for just this game then?

Games should work on any PC within reason, even if it means sacrificing something just so you can run it.

Companies have gotten lazy with compatibility.

Yea buddy. I know that. Thats why i said thay this is not my best gaming experience. But its still playable anyway

You can get 60fps in MLL but you can never get 60fps in Ass Creed cause it's got a 30fps frame cap. It's a POS from a technical standpoint. 

Good advise, shall I'll just stop feeding my family just so I can buy a nvidia card for just this game then?

Games should work on any PC within reason, even if it means sacrificing something just so you can run it.

They would also make allot more money if the game scales well and runs excellent with no silly frame caps on a wide range of hardware from humble to high end.

VRAM i use at 4K... Sorry i took these from my phone camera.. The First is a pic of the scene i used, something simple just standing in front of the fountain with some ambient inclusions, the second my VRAM at only FXAA.. Third is MSAA x 2, Fourth x4.. Admittedly i really i don't think people should need MSAA at 4k but even with FXAA it still maxes out especially for people that have 980 4gb cards... Excuse the high temps i did this quick without my profiles set.. And clock speeds drop when you hit ESC..

what about the average FPS buddy? how much do u get?

Bit weird. I tried it on my TV and I was getting 70+FPS and it felt really smooth...then I noticed the refresh rate was at 24hz for some reason so I turned it up to 60 and the FPS dropped like a sack of shit. was averaging 35-45.

im not a tech expert. but, as far as i know TV has a good feature that PC users really hate. its like making a blur frame between real frame, it makes the image looks smoother since we wont put our face 45 cm in front of the TV itself. people (PC users) call it ghosting. right?

yea.. i understand that. i did saving money for a quite long time until i can buy my gaming RIG. its called priority buddy. it depends on what is your biggest priority

u cant complaint too much to the game developer since making game is not an easy task anyway. people do some mistakes buddy. just wait for the patch

You can get 60fps in MLL but you can never get 60fps in Ass Creed cause it's got a 30fps frame cap. It's a POS from a technical standpoint. 

did u read my post? my highest framerate is 60. cant go anywhere beyond that because its locked.

They would also make allot more money if the game scales well and runs excellent with no silly frame caps on a wide range of hardware from humble to high end.

yea.. people makes mistakes buddy. dont be so rude to them. lets wait for the new patch. i think they're working so hard on that right now. be patience

did u read my post? my highest framerate is 60. cant go anywhere beyond that because its locked.

I guess you did not here but Assassins Creed Unity has a wretched 30fps frame cap.

yea.. people makes mistakes buddy. dont be so rude to them. lets wait for the new patch. i think they're working so hard on that right now. be patience

I have not played Ass Creed since the first one. Don't really want to as I have had enough of it's formula to last me some time. I defiantly will not be buying or laying unity just because of the silly frame cap. My policy for gaming on my PC is 60fps or nothin.

I have not played Ass Creed since the first one. Don't really want to as I have had enough of it's formula to last me some time. I defiantly will not be buying or laying unity just because of the silly frame cap. My policy for gaming on my PC is 60fps or nothin.

ahaha.. i think u have a really fancy gaming rig right there buddy. i envy u T_T

I guess you did not here but Assassins Creed Unity has a wretched 30fps frame cap.

nope. its locked on solid 60. cant go beyond that. i saw it on my fraps

what about the average FPS buddy? how much do u get?

About 50 - 60 fps at 4K.. Same scene runs about 50-55fps... 6.jpg

ahaha.. i think u have a really fancy gaming rig right there buddy. i envy u T_T

Not right now but it's a continual WIP. Right now I tend to play older games that are well optimized and coded real slick because my steam library if full of unplayed and unfinished older games and amazing classics and they can easily tide me over and keep me going for years ahead or until I get my new Intel platform and GPU.

yea.. i understand that. i did saving money for a quite long time until i can buy my gaming RIG. its called priority buddy. it depends on what is your biggest priority

u cant complaint too much to the game developer since making game is not an easy task anyway. people do some mistakes buddy. just wait for the patch

I get that but they shouldn't have released it as it is. That's what I blame them for.

Look at BF4, arguably the best in the series but plagued with so many issues, it lost a lot of dedicated players and now plagued with a bad rep which could've have been avoided.

nope. its locked on solid 60. cant go beyond that. i saw it on my fraps

It's not locked to 60 with vsycn off if I look to the sky I get 70-90.