Should we Post the Booth Babe Video?

LinusTech

I only quoted half of your post because the other half was not important to the point I was making. The whole "no Linus Tech Tips should only be able technology" argument is pretty much moot since a lot of people like the travel vlogs, which has just as much to do with technology as a booth babe video. It's very hypocritical to say "no it's not technology, don't post it" and then go "yes a new vlog video woho!". The fact that you dodge my question just strengthens the suspicion that you are a hypocrite.

Wait wait wait... So what you're saying is that there is no inequality towards men, ever? There are no situations where women has it better than men? What about all the instances I mentioned before? Feminism is suppose to be about EQUAL rights, yet they do not do anything to get equal rights, what they want are more rights than men. Also, what rights does men have that women don't?

I... What? What are you on about? Call and do what? Vote? Vote on what? I am sorry, but I really can't follow your thoughts here. Women aren't a minority. Women have just as much freedom to vote as men, and the fact is that in 2011, 50.8% of all the people in the US were women. If anything, it is the men who are the minority. You are really not making any sense right now.

That is in fact wrong. According to a study made by the British Crime Survey, there are more married men being abused than married women (by 2.3%), and yet most programs and attention is at women being abused. The same survey also showed that a lot less men actually report the abuse, compared to women (10% vs 29%). Also, not only are more men abused, but statistics also show that women accused for domestic violence gets less punishment, if they are even arrested at all (also higher chance that they completely avoid any punishment since domestic violence against men are not taken as seriously).

In what way is this sexist? I think doing the opposite would be more sexist. Telling these models "no you're not allowed to be models because you are women. If you were men then we would hire you as models, but sadly you aren't".

I agree. It's only sexist If you go and tell the womens : " hey u can't get this job! You're a women and you don't know a thing about tech stuffs '

because you aren't amire them based on anything other than their sex appeal. The shear fact that they were hired to stand around displays in revealing outfits for a bunch of men to start at is bad enough. 

I voted no. It's degrading to women and offensive. If it were your wife, your girlfriend, your sister, you wouldn't want a bunch of geeks ogling. If you need to see boobs, there are more than enough already on the web. I could not, in good faith, refer anyone to LTT forums or videos any longer if that type of thing occurs. It's just... ug.

It's tough to be a male feminist at times.

I boldened the important part.

I voted no on principle. Booth Babes are about attracting men through sex appeal, any other excuse is a lie people tell themselves. That is treating women as objects for sex. 

Now, objects *purely* for sex? No, it's not doing that. But objects for sex is pretty bad as is.

Yes, people could "just not watch it," but that comes from people who do not have a community mind.

Not here to start a gigantic debate, just want you guys' opinions. What do you think about this:

DG_ad_circa_2007.jpg

Dolce-Gabbana-mens-1024x683.jpg

cologne-for-men.jpg

Again, I'm not here to debate with you --debating with an extremist of any opinion is pointless-- but here is what I think. I'm intentionally not mentioning a gender in this statement:

In case you didn't figure it out yet: sex is why the human race exists. It is why people do effort working out. It is why people wear fashionable clothes. It is why you flirt with other people. No matter how politically correct you are, in the end, you like the look of a beatiful body. This does not make you sexist. It merely makes you human.

The fact that companies hire booth babes is because the companies see the numbers: it sells. That's exactly the same reason ads targetted at women often have beatiful men in them, that sells just as well. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I feel like it's awkward to have one video dedicated to showing off the girls.

I mean, they're certainly a part of the event, but not the focus.

I don't really see it as a problem, just kind of awkward for me, and as such I personally wouldn't just sit there and watch the whole thing.

Speaking more generally, though, I'm of the "don't like it, don't watch it" mindset.  It's not like thousands of others haven't already eyed the girls.

This is a well thought out response, without calling anyone sexist. I like it.

Not here to start a gigantic debate, just want you guys' opinions. What do you think about this:

http://api.ning.com/files/oQUNRg8Ns2o50VxIhKJgu58oup4j1apCslfwUBBLKX-DxVUVSOyPR26wkHu5QIWxGQz0bl1Dv-0EMduNO--37AGHgfte4217/DG_ad_circa_2007.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tQ6li48H5zA/UFnIfw3smpI/AAAAAAAADMY/GVH5fSduAn4/s1600/Dolce-Gabbana-mens-1024x683.jpg

http://blog.perfume.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/cologne-for-men.jpg

Again, I'm not here to debate with you --debating with an extremist of any direction is pointless-- but here is what I think. I'm intentionally not mentioning a gender in this statement:

In case you didn't figure it out yet: sex is why the human race exists. It is why people do effort working out. It is why people wear fashionable clothes. It is why you flirt with other people. No matter how politically correct you are, eventually you like the look of a beatiful body. This does not make you sexist. It merely makes you human.

This is a well thought out response, without calling anyone sexist. I like it.

Firstly, those are just... ew.

Secondy, yes, it's why we exist because if we didn't do it, everyone would die and we wouldn't exist. But that doesn't mean it has to be our very reason for living which is what you are talking about. Those are two different things.

About the boldened part, that's what sheep do and think. Beyond that, there's not much I can say in response. It's obvious you are fine with the status quo. I am not. Tis life.

:| 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

That pervasive canard the we (computerphiles) are a herd of knee jerk misogynists. Many of the geekish legion are immature or inexperienced around women but are not women haters-thats what misogynist means. A true misogynist might say no representation of booth babes at all in this forum because he doesn't want any feminine presence in his domain.As for why I'm a forum member it is reflection of my life style. I am interested in tech with a dash female eye candy thrown in. Well actually more than just eye candy of the female type,for example the thread on "what's your wallpaper" . As for what outsiders think of us in this case I ridicule in a low key manner the misconceptions of obtuse outsiders.

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

I only quoted half of your post because the other half was not important to the point I was making. The whole "no Linus Tech Tips should only be able technology" argument is pretty much moot since a lot of people like the travel vlogs, which has just as much to do with technology as a booth babe video. It's very hypocritical to say "no it's not technology, don't post it" and then go "yes a new vlog video woho!". The fact that you dodge my question just strengthens the suspicion that you are a hypocrite.

Wait wait wait... So what you're saying is that there is no inequality towards men, ever? There are no situations where women has it better than men? What about all the instances I mentioned before? Feminism is suppose to be about EQUAL rights, yet they do not do anything to get equal rights, what they want are more rights than men. Also, what rights does men have that women don't?

I... What? What are you on about? Call and do what? Vote? Vote on what? I am sorry, but I really can't follow your thoughts here. Women aren't a minority. Women have just as much freedom to vote as men, and the fact is that in 2011, 50.8% of all the people in the US were women. If anything, it is the men who are the minority. You are really not making any sense right now.

That is in fact wrong. According to a study made by the British Crime Survey, there are more married men being abused than married women (by 2.3%), and yet most programs and attention is at women being abused. The same survey also showed that a lot less men actually report the abuse, compared to women (10% vs 29%). Also, not only are more men abused, but statistics also show that women accused for domestic violence gets less punishment, if they are even arrested at all (also higher chance that they completely avoid any punishment since domestic violence against men are not taken as seriously).

In what way is this sexist? I think doing the opposite would be more sexist. Telling these models "no you're not allowed to be models because you are women. If you were men then we would hire you as models, but sadly you aren't".

Yes, there are some inequalities towards men but as I've said movements are about trying to equal out rights that already exist ,not solve all he problems in the world. There are a few inequalities towards men, they scale of them does not compare to the inequalities towards other groups. 

Men make up well over half of government in most societies. If they truly feel that a law has wronged them in some way, it's pretty easy for them to change that. Not so with women who are a minority in governments. Your quote further illustrates my point about inequality, 50.8% of people in the US are women yet they hold only 18% of the seats in congress. 

80% of domestic violence reported in 2012 was against women http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/mar/07/domestic-violence-figures-citizens-advice

Look up sexual objectification, I'm not explaining this for the thousandth time in this thread.

hahahah thats just fucking hilarious (sorry for the language) and proves my point. self righteous, arrogant and judgmental.

you really wanna support there stance linus...

it 1 thing to say the vid is misogynistic which it may well be depending on how its edited (remember your judging something you haven't seen), its quite another to belittle, ridicule the guys that want to see it and doesnt help your case...

all you have done is shown us that your more judgmental and less tolerant than the people your attacking with your EWW! comments...

like i said hilarious. 

seriously guys get off the guilt trip.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

Yes, there are some inequalities towards men but as I've said movements are about trying to equal out rights that already exist ,not solve all he problems in the world. There are a few inequalities towards men, they scale of them does not compare to the inequalities towards other groups.

I disagree, and I think it's very sexist of you to say "no men do not need help, we should put women's needs first". If you want equality, then you should be fighting for everyone's rights, not just one particular gender. There are A LOT of inequalities towards men, and they are very big issues which aren't being taken seriously.

Here are some:

• If we are suppose to be treated equally, why is it that a lot of men are forced to serve in the military and risk their lives, while women do not? This isn't some small thing, people are dying because of this. That's hell of a lot more serious than "oh women should not be allowed to dress up and show computer hardware".
  • A lot of young boys are being misdiagnosed with ADHD and are given medicine like ritalin and adderall when they do not need it. This is far less common with young girls.
  • A man can not stop a pregnancy like a woman can, she has 100% control over the man's future life. If a woman gets pregnant and she want to keep the child, then the man will most likely end up paying child support to the woman, even if he did not want the child. The situation can also be reversed, and the man loses that battle as well. If the woman don't want the child, but the man does, then she has full control of it and can get an abortion. This is extremely unfair and affects the man's life, and the woman is in full control. I bet that if the situation was reverse (a man had full control over the woman's future) then you would be screaming about how it is unfair and should be changed.
  • There are a ton of anti-male double standards. For example, if a middle aged man gets together with a teenager, he is disgusting. If a middle aged woman gets together with a teenager, she is considered a cougar and cool. How about when a man does something that is considered feminine like ballet? He is a sissy and will most likely end up being bullied. What if a woman does something which is male dominated like play hockey? Then she's really cool and an empowered woman. This encourages men to only stick to specific roles, and loathe themselves for liking a certain thing, while woman gets rewarded for thinking outside of the box.
  • Fathers' rights is a huge issue. You rarely see a mother lose custody of the child, and often times this decision is solely based on accusations without any proof whatsoever. It is worth mentioning that a study made by the Department of Health and Human Services shows that 40.3% of all child abuse is done by the mother. The father is responsible for 19.1%. That's less than half as often (the rest is when both the mother and father is involved).
  • Circumcision is still common are extremely cruel. They cut off a piece of the boy's penis when they are still a baby and can't even talk. Something similar is being done to newborn girls in certain tribes (they cut off the clitoris) and groups are protesting that as torture and a violation of human rights, yet circumcision is totally acceptable. This is about cutting of body parts on little babies... I can't even begin to describe how sick that is, yet nobody seems to care because it is done on males (and when it's done of women feminists are extremely upset).

I could go on but you get my point. I think all of those points above are hell of a lot more important than "no we are not allowed to look at pretty models who chose to dress up and get paid for it".

Men make up well over half of government in most societies. If they truly feel that a law has wronged them in some way, it's pretty easy for them to change that. Not so with women who are a minority in governments. Your quote further illustrates my point about inequality, 50.8% of people in the US are women yet they hold only 18% of the seats in congress.

You know why the laws does not always favor men, even though men are the majority of governments? Because there is no patriarchy like you seem to think. Also, like I said before, most people in the US are women. Do you know what that means? That means that men are the minority, even if we happen to be the majority in the government. Why does that matter anyway? You're cherry picking and distorting the truth. The reason why more men are in congress is because more me work in politics (and they do so by their choice, both the men and women). Want to know what would be sexist? To say "no you're not allowed to be in congress because you are a man. We need another woman in here so sorry". That would be sexist both towards the man (rejected because he is a man) as well as the woman (only got in because she is a woman).

By the way, the number of woman in for example the US state legislatures has skyrocketed the last couple of decades. It's like a 500% increase or something along those lines.

Anyway, at the end of the day the power is in the hands of the voters, and the majority of them are women. Your whole "women are a minority" argument just illustrates how ill informed you are, and how you distorts the truth to fit your own very narrow view of the world.

80% of domestic violence reported in 2012 was against women http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2013/mar/07/domestic-violence-figures-citizens-advice

Of reported cases yes, but if you had read my post and looked up the study I was referring to (here is a link to an article about it: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/domestic-violence-as-a-man-its-very-difficult-to-say-ive-been-beaten-up-8572143.html) you would have known that men rarely report domestic violence, and when they do they are not being taken seriously. The article I am citing tells the full story, while the article you are citing only tells half of the story. It also fails to take into consideration than lesbian couples run a higher risk of fights as well.

Even if you look at non-married couples, the amount of men who suffers from domestic violence is very high (often very close to the number of domestic violence against women, you can find a ton of info about it here: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/publications/re-reference-tables.html?edition=tcm%3A77-290621) and you rarely hear anything about it. Domestic violence against men against men is anything but rare, but you rarely hear anything about it and a lot of help centers are very heavily focused on women (see the article I linked above about how how women gets special rooms, and a lot of them, while men sometimes only gets gender neutral rooms, and only a small number of spaces).

Look up sexual objectification, I'm not explaining this for the thousandth time in this thread.

I know what it is, and I think it is sexist to say "those female models are WRONG for liking their job and they should stop!", because that's essentially what you are saying. I don't think sexual objectification is happening in this thread though. Do you see anyone here treat them as objects? If anything, I see people who want to admire beautiful women who are doing a good modeling job, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

By the way, sexual objectification is VERY common against males as well, so yet again you are only focusing on the issues of one gender and neglecting the injustice done to the other gender.

Please vote no guys, PC enthusiasts are already labelled as misogynists. The fact that electronics expos like Computex and E3 even HAVE booth babes is already sexist enough, we don't need to make it worse by literally posting a video for people to fap to. 

I agree. On the other hand... Boobs

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel i7-4770K | Corsair H80i | Corsair SP120 PWM | MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro | MSI GTX770 GAMING | Samsung 840EVO 120GB | 2x WD Red 2TB | Corsair AX760 | Windows 8 Pro

I vote yes. I'm not sure why there is such a steep requirement needed; seriously, what's with ultra-minority rule? Also, thanks LAwLz for great points and summary.

EDIT: Linus showing some of it during the Live Stream was an alright compromise. There was nothing wrong with the video.

If Linus won't oblige with booth babe videos clicky-clicky down to Youtube and toss in "Booth babes Computex 2013" as a search term. Lotsa hits. We of the Geekish tribe are well known for our skills at devising work arounds. Don't worry be happy  ;o)

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

What you where all looking for.  Just enjoy the beauty of these girls and remember they are paid as models. Nothing more nothing less.

This footage was obtained from Linus's livestream on June 14, 2013.

LinusTechTips Booth Babe Coverage at Computex 2013

I disagree, and I think it's very sexist of you to say "no men do not need help, we should put women's needs first". If you want equality, then you should be fighting for everyone's rights, not just one particular gender. There are A LOT of inequalities towards men, and they are very big issues which aren't being taken seriously.

Here are some:

• If we are suppose to be treated equally, why is it that a lot of men are forced to serve in the military and risk their lives, while women do not? This isn't some small thing, people are dying because of this. That's hell of a lot more serious than "oh women should not be allowed to dress up and show computer hardware".
  • A lot of young boys are being misdiagnosed with ADHD and are given medicine like ritalin and adderall when they do not need it. This is far less common with young girls.
  • A man can not stop a pregnancy like a woman can, she has 100% control over the man's future life. If a woman gets pregnant and she want to keep the child, then the man will most likely end up paying child support to the woman, even if he did not want the child. The situation can also be reversed, and the man loses that battle as well. If the woman don't want the child, but the man does, then she has full control of it and can get an abortion. This is extremely unfair and affects the man's life, and the woman is in full control. I bet that if the situation was reverse (a man had full control over the woman's future) then you would be screaming about how it is unfair and should be changed.
  • There are a ton of anti-male double standards. For example, if a middle aged man gets together with a teenager, he is disgusting. If a middle aged woman gets together with a teenager, she is considered a cougar and cool. How about when a man does something that is considered feminine like ballet? He is a sissy and will most likely end up being bullied. What if a woman does something which is male dominated like play hockey? Then she's really cool and an empowered woman. This encourages men to only stick to specific roles, and loathe themselves for liking a certain thing, while woman gets rewarded for thinking outside of the box.
  • Fathers' rights is a huge issue. You rarely see a mother lose custody of the child, and often times this decision is solely based on accusations without any proof whatsoever. It is worth mentioning that a study made by the Department of Health and Human Services shows that 40.3% of all child abuse is done by the mother. The father is responsible for 19.1%. That's less than half as often (the rest is when both the mother and father is involved).
  • Circumcision is still common are extremely cruel. They cut off a piece of the boy's penis when they are still a baby and can't even talk. Something similar is being done to newborn girls in certain tribes (they cut off the clitoris) and groups are protesting that as torture and a violation of human rights, yet circumcision is totally acceptable. This is about cutting of body parts on little babies... I can't even begin to describe how sick that is, yet nobody seems to care because it is done on males (and when it's done of women feminists are extremely upset).

I could go on but you get my point. I think all of those points above are hell of a lot more important than "no we are not allowed to look at pretty models who chose to dress up and get paid for it".

You know why the laws does not always favor men, even though men are the majority of governments? Because there is no patriarchy like you seem to think. Also, like I said before, most people in the US are women. Do you know what that means? That means that men are the minority, even if we happen to be the majority in the government. Why does that matter anyway? You're cherry picking and distorting the truth. The reason why more men are in congress is because more me work in politics (and they do so by their choice, both the men and women). Want to know what would be sexist? To say "no you're not allowed to be in congress because you are a man. We need another woman in here so sorry". That would be sexist both towards the man (rejected because he is a man) as well as the woman (only got in because she is a woman).

By the way, the number of woman in for example the US state legislatures has skyrocketed the last couple of decades. It's like a 500% increase or something along those lines.

Anyway, at the end of the day the power is in the hands of the voters, and the majority of them are women. Your whole "women are a minority" argument just illustrates how ill informed you are, and how you distorts the truth to fit your own very narrow view of the world.

Of reported cases yes, but if you had read my post and looked up the study I was referring to (here is a link to an article about it: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/domestic-violence-as-a-man-its-very-difficult-to-say-ive-been-beaten-up-8572143.html) you would have known that men rarely report domestic violence, and when they do they are not being taken seriously. The article I am citing tells the full story, while the article you are citing only tells half of the story. It also fails to take into consideration than lesbian couples run a higher risk of fights as well.

Even if you look at non-married couples, the amount of men who suffers from domestic violence is very high (often very close to the number of domestic violence against women, you can find a ton of info about it here: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/publications/re-reference-tables.html?edition=tcm%3A77-290621) and you rarely hear anything about it. Domestic violence against men against men is anything but rare, but you rarely hear anything about it and a lot of help centers are very heavily focused on women (see the article I linked above about how how women gets special rooms, and a lot of them, while men sometimes only gets gender neutral rooms, and only a small number of spaces).

I know what it is, and I think it is sexist to say "those female models are WRONG for liking their job and they should stop!", because that's essentially what you are saying. I don't think sexual objectification is happening in this thread though. Do you see anyone here treat them as objects? If anything, I see people who want to admire beautiful women who are doing a good modeling job, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

By the way, sexual objectification is VERY common against males as well, so yet again you are only focusing on the issues of one gender and neglecting the injustice done to the other gender.

This guy is brilliant, well thought out and all true.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Frankly I think you should post it.  You have overwhelming support from it and honestly the amount of new subs you would pick up from the video will more than offset the very tiny fraction that will be butt hurt over seeing a video of attractive asian women.  

If you really wanna sidestep it just post it on slick's channel 

I vote yes. I'm not sure why there is such a steep requirement needed; seriously, what's with ultra-minority rule? Also, thanks LAwLz for great points and summary.

EDIT: Linus showing some of it during the Live Stream was an alright compromise. There was nothing wrong with the video.

The video itself just makes you scratch your head at people that voted to not post it.  Did these guys think there were going to be naked booth girls or something?  Its just women dressed in much more clothing than you would see at any club on any given night of the week in pretty much any country outside of those speciically controlled by religious governments.  Its kinda laughable that this was even an issue and kind of sad that Linus feels he had to withhold a video that is not controversial in the slightest just to make sure he does not get negative backlash from really over sensitive people with nothing better to do with their day than complain that they did not like small asian women awkwardly presenting logos of tech companies.  

Whoever voted no must not even be able to look at an cute/attractive woman IRL.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I agree. On the other hand... Boobs

lol... what a guy.... ace rimmer to the rescue... what time you back i'l smoke you a kipper.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel

This is so funny..Saying its degrading..If it wasn't for this most these girls wouldn't make any money..And to say what if its your wife or sister?lmao..Well they choose to do this to make money and sex sells my Friends..Is it degrading for Lauren from TastyPc to do reviews with her cleavage hanging out?

Bottom line is these girls knew that this was a major media event with Cameras everywhere so how is it degrading to show them doing there job? 

post a private link like you do, the after party videos
form what you shown it nothing really offensive, unless they part personally looking to be offend
you've said your disclaimer/view already
for me it kinda like cosplay at a Con. where it "kinda" part of the experience of being there, weather you enjoy it or not, 
post it for us who can't go the event, (CES, E3...) but want that experience

Registered to vote/post because of this

If Linus Media Group has an issue with the content of the video then it shouldn't be posted. From Linus' comments about the content he seems to be ok with it.

If a minority are up in arms about the content of a video that they haven't even seen then they are clearly biased.

The women are professional models, they are paid to represent a company. If they had a problem with being objectified then they wouldn't be in the industry.

Offended by attractive people showing off their attractive body? Don't watch the video.

Please vote no guys, PC enthusiasts are already labelled as misogynists. The fact that electronics expos like Computex and E3 even HAVE booth babes is already sexist enough, we don't need to make it worse by literally posting a video for people to fap to. 

Its not sexist for attractive people to model and show off products, and its not sexist to want to have sex with attractive people.

I have a feeling you were brought up in a very right wing religious household for you to be this anti-sex. Maybe you would be more comfortable in IRAN where the women are all covered up.

I don't get what the big fuss is all about. How the hell does this turn into a 19 page debate about sexism.  It's just a bunch of models showcasing some products.  Yeah, Sex sells. It's a fact. It's a form of marketing, just a way to capture viewers' attention. Everyone likes to look at eye candy.  When you are competing against other booths at a large scale convention like Computex, you have to create buzz to get people's attention. 

I am just sad that this became a controversy at all because a small minority of butthurt people started throwing pitch-forks.

This is the grown up world, anyone that does NOT want to watch it has the option of not clicking the link.