[Central] Food thread

Go to solution Solved by Mutoh,
51 minutes ago, coolkingler1 said:

None, lol, just the shape (triangular?) resembles it. :P

Its actually just depth perception I think! The piece of fish was cut into a rectangle but the tail of the fish tapers off a bit giving a bit of a triangle look from that angle.

I just finished a 400g bag of BBQ chips, downed with 2 cans of Coke Zero. Yet I'm skinnier than a tree.

Your arteries could be clogged, like a tree.

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

Cabbage goes surprisingly well with spicy stuff, sounds good :)

Well paprika is paprika haha :P

great, keep the thread alive! 

Why do you think kimchi exists? best tasting version of cabbage yet.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

getting air in the egg before pouring into the pan is the biggest job beat it like you are trying to make whipped cream.

OmuRice is soooo freakin good and might be a good start before you dive deep into tamagoyaki

getting air in the egg before pouring into the pan is the biggest job beat it like you are trying to make whipped cream.

OmuRice is soooo freakin good and might be a good start before you dive deep into tamagoyaki

Seriously... Whenever i watch these videos, i get complexes about my cooking ability... I have a hellish time to cut that stuff... And that garlic dough... Now excuse me, i'm going to cry in a dark, cold corner of my room... :(

f... And that garlic dough...

that garlic part was her just showing the F- off I don't know anyone who does that to garlic

I inherited some carbon steel blades from japan and a good whetstone when you have a nice sharp knife the dice on the onion is nothing.

and my next kitchen project.

I've acquired lye water I have the ingredients and I have a pasta machine....

http://www.notquitenigella.com/2014/03/31/ramen-diy-recipe/

edit: and I know the secret to ramen noodles is to beat the shit out of the dough to form proper gluten to get the right amount of mouthfeel which is not covered in the article. I guess it builds muscle....

that garlic part was her just showing the F- off I don't know anyone who does that to garlic

I inherited some carbon steel blades from japan and a good whetstone when you have a nice sharp knife the dice on the onion is nothing.

The problem is the knives... I don't have any extremely sharp ones...

My family is utilitarian, and if it can cut, and well at that, it's good, you don't need better...

The problem is the knives... I don't have any extremely sharp ones...

My family is utilitarian, and if it can cut, and well at that, it's good, you don't need better...

just get a good whetstone I just have the grey coarse one. something like that should last you a lifetime

Easier said than done. I already gained like 4 pounds in 3 weeks, even though my metabolism is super fast.

I find it easy to increase the calories I eat for one day, but I can't keep it up over weeks and months? What do you do?

Why do you think kimchi exists? best tasting version of cabbage yet.

Haven't heard of that, must give it a try ;) thanks! 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

1. Not a lot. Hardly available to me, plus expensive. When I do have it, it usually chocolate raisins, twix bars or rice crispy/treats (homemade). But really, it is really rare for me lately. Unless you call soda junk "food" then I usually drink that, tea or A&W (favorite root beer ever).
  2. Breakfast is usually the following: omelets, scrambled or fried eggs + toast + sausages or my personal favorite...biscuits and gravy (homemade, and spicy).  :wub:

I do also love eating homemade pot pies. They are insanely delicious. Wish I knew how to cook more though. My cook book is extremely limited. It took me forever to get scrambled eggs down without being too watery or over done.  :lol:  Anyone here ever try Ketchup and Mayonnaise chicken?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

1. Not a lot. Hardly available to me, plus expensive. When I do have it, it usually chocolate raisins, twix bars or rice crispy/treats (homemade). But really, it is really rare for me lately. Unless you call soda junk "food" then I usually drink that, tea or A&W (favorite root beer ever).
  2. Breakfast is usually the following: omelets, scrambled or fried eggs + toast + sausages or my personal favorite...biscuits and gravy (homemade, and spicy).  :wub:

I do also love eating homemade pot pies. They are insanely delicious. Wish I knew how to cook more though. My cook book is extremely limited. It took me forever to get scrambled eggs down without being too watery or over done.  :lol:  Anyone here ever try Ketchup and Mayonnaise chicken?

I like to eat left over roast chicken in a mayo sandwich :) Not as keen with ketchup though. 

I like to eat left over roast chicken in a mayo sandwich :) Not as keen with ketchup though. 

Oh, well this is different. You make a "coating" for the chicken using mayo, ketchup and paprika (if you want), roll it around in the coating/sauce and cook it. It's pretty good. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Oh, well this is different. You make a "coating" for the chicken using mayo, ketchup and paprika (if you want), roll it around in the coating/sauce and cook it. It's pretty good. :)

Ahhh i see what you mean. That does sound like it could come out pretty good :) 

Haven't seen this thread in a while.. 

How do you guys like your pancakes? American style (fater smaller) or the french way (thin and wider) 

Also what topping do you like?

I like maple syrup or sugar and lemon on french pancakes :) 

^All are inferior to plain cheese pan pizza.

^all are also inferior to eggo waffles with peanut butter, butter, syrup, and a big glass of whole milk.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

How do you guys like your pancakes?

As thin as possible with Nutella and Banana.

I eat what ever my school gives me whether its mistery meat in the morning or steak for dinner, i don't choose. But when im home i love indian food for some reason that and any sandwhich

Steam:Drift and Drift_2 <p>(name is hunter) Lets play:)

As thin as possible with Nutella and Banana.

Sounds like a good combo, must try it some time 

Haven't seen this thread in a while.. 

How do you guys like your pancakes? American style (fater smaller) or the french way (thin and wider) 

Also what topping do you like?

I like maple syrup or sugar and lemon on french pancakes :)

I prefer them thin. When they are fat, they make me sick. Thin and crispy is how I like it. :D

Toppings? Syrup, or with sliced bananas + whipped cream—if I'm in the mood for it.

I prefer them thin. When they are fat, they make me sick. Thin and crispy is how I like it. :D

Toppings? Syrup, or with sliced bananas + whipped cream—if I'm in the mood for it.

Hahah man if pancakes could be shotguns this would be it :P Does sound nice though :) 

Just tried my first 'special' beer

Westmalle Trappist Dubbel

thread necro.

today is lazy day. so my summer no time for cook lazy food is Soba.

I can easily buy 1.5 kilograms of buckwheat soba noodles for under $5 (in canada). while it is easy to make your own soba sauce (tsuyu) I just buy a bottle of that and keep it in the fridge (it never spoils) price about $10 for a bottle that lasted me for the summer.

step 1 boil the noodles
step 2 rinse noodles in cold water, drain

step 3 pour tsuyu into bowl, dilute with cold water

step 4 EAT, resume game

if you want you can add a step to add 7 spice asian pepper (hichimi) or green onion and wasabi to the tsuyu.

For this thread there exists no such thing as a necro, because it is the one and only food thread.

Just got an elite uber beer, plebs would disintegrate in it's presence.

Westvleteren 12...

Oh dear god no.. Why did i have to click on this thread..

remember-diet-remember-diet.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"