How Do I Get My Parents to Help Me Buy A Pc?

reapersivan

Hello I am currently desiring to purchase a budget PC that costs a total of 450$. At the moment I have 150$ so i need around 300$ more. It is a gaming PC and my Mom is the only one who knows that it would be for gaming. I haven't told or asked my dad due to the reason that he doesn't get his paycheck that much due to an incident. I would ask him but I know his answer would be a straight NO. He never really supports me for anything nor really likes me at all. I have good grades at school, 4 B's which are an 80percent of passing a class and 2 A's which are 90%. They used to pay my phone on a monthly basis which was 35$ and get me a bus pass for school which was 40$. I have decided to not take the bus, help them save money and walk it to school everyday. My school is 2.5 miles away from home, an hour and a half walk which I do not mind. I also do chores at home to get payed like 10$ a week. I have sold some of my ps3 games to get money but it isn't enough. I do not want to sell me ps3 nor my psvita. My parents want to go to Las Vegas for Christmas and give me and my sisters like 80$ but I would prefer to stay home and them give me money but I know they do not want that. I honestly hate going to Las Vegas Nevada but, Oh Well. I am really interested in computers and I told them that if they help me buy a PC I can pursue the career of computer science or anything in that field. My mom told me to stop bugging her but I really WANT A PC. Also, the only person who supports me is a friend who is into PC's and not my family ._.

Hello I am currently desiring to purchase a budget PC that costs a total of 450$. At the moment I have 150$ so i need around 300$ more. It is a gaming PC and my Mom is the only one who knows that it would be for gaming. I haven't told or asked my dad due to the reason that he doesn't get his paycheck that much due to an incident. I would ask him but I know his answer would be a straight NO. He never really supports me for anything nor really likes me at all. I have good grades at school, 4 B's which are an 80percent of passing a class and 2 A's which are 90%. They used to pay my phone on a monthly basis which was 35$ and get me a bus pass for school which was 40$. I have decided to not take the bus, help them save money and walk it to school everyday. My school is 2.5 miles away from home, an hour and a half walk which I do not mind. I also do chores at home to get payed like 10$ a week. I have sold some of my ps3 games to get money but it isn't enough. I do not want to sell me ps3 nor my psvita. My parents want to go to Las Vegas for Christmas and give me and my sisters like 80$ but I would prefer to stay home and them give me money but I know they do not want that. I honestly hate going to Las Vegas Nevada but, Oh Well. I am really interested in computers and I told them that if they help me buy a PC I can pursue the career of computer science or anything in that field. My mom told me to stop bugging her but I really WANT A PC. Also, the only person who supports me is a friend who is into PC's and not my family ._.

Get

A

Job

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

You could try a job?

find something you're good at & do it.

do you have time for a job?

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

There is an obvious financial situation here, in which I would ask why they would be going to Las Vegas, but that's really none of my business.

My suggestion is to do two things. Try to get a job to make more money and get your proposed PC as cheap as possible without compromising quality.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Try to get a job to make more money and get your proposed PC as cheap as possible without compromising quality.

Ahem:

*looks down at my $300 sig*

CPU: AMD Athlon 5350 (2.66 Ghz OC) Motherboard: Asus AM1m-a Memory: Mushkin Radioactive 8GB DDR3-1600 GPU: MSI R7 260 1GD5 OC Storage: Toshiba Hybrid 500GB Case: Cougar Spike PSU: Rosewill Arc 450 OS: Deepin Linux 2014

I remember @WinNut started a PM about this a long time ago.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I am 15 and in California the age requirement is 16. I want to get my pc in 2 weeks for black Friday.

wat. I thought it was 14 nationwide?

bake 200 cookies & sell them for $1.15 each (they cost $.15 each to make)

helps if you are cute.

wat. I thought it was 14 nationwide?

bake 200 cookies & sell them for $1.15 each (they cost $.15 each to make)

helps if you are cute.

Not if your working a paper route..............

But something like a part time job would have a age requirement of 16.

We are also going to Vegas because 4 nights for 200$ and they believe that we will have fun ._. I just want a PC. They never really support me. Me and my dad do not get along. I have gotten the idea of a pc stuck in my head for about 4 weeks. I don't really ask for much.

We are also going to Vegas because 4 nights for 200$ and they believe that we will have fun ._. I just want a PC. They never really support me. Me and my dad do not get along. I have gotten the idea of a pc stuck in my head for about 4 weeks. I don't really ask for much.

chocolate chip cookies...

Job and try to sugercoat your behavior for at least a month before you sak them and slosly work it into them not to fast and say all of these things how it ill be good for the family etc.

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

The cookie idea is great for a 10 year old. And I am not cute :3 I love electronics too! They are my life!

4 weeks? 

I was saving up for the pc in my sig for 2 years.............

My dad has his own pc, non gaming, he uses it everyday. He doesn't like it when I use it. We have 2 old ones that do not work, one that I messed up (bent the cpu of a single core cpu).

4 weeks? 

I know it is a little bit of time but my birthday was recent, i got 60$ and that only.

The cookie idea is great for a 10 year old. And I am not cute :3 I love electronics too! They are my life!

10 year olds?

I bet you I could sell them tomorrow if I had the time. (enjoy your time while it lasts, your next year shall be juniors, marking the end of your free time)

Your parents have the best logic ever. Lets go to Las Vegas

But here is a build that seems to be around your budget

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 740 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($77.05 @ Mwave)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($42.49 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($68.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 250X 2GB Video Card  ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  ($13.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $421.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-11 22:31 EST-0500

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I am 15 and in California the age requirement is 16. I want to get my pc in 2 weeks for black Friday.

Do jobs around the house. Mow your lawn, wash your parents cars, etc

Thats how I make money. :)

4 weeks? 

I've been wanting to build a PC since july 2011 and only build it in July 2014 so 3 years for me :( 

OT: Just sell the Consoles they're old anyways and you'll get the most money for them now. |

Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($69.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($67.96 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 260 1GB Video Card  ($81.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $409.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-11 22:33 EST-0500 

Just saying you'll be closer to your goal if you sell the consoles.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

u dont earn it your self  thats what i did what

part of calie do u live n?

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I've been wanting to build a PC since july 2011 and only build it in July 2014 so 3 years for me :( 

OT: Just sell the Consoles they're old anyways and you'll get the most money for them now. |

Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($69.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($67.96 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 260 1GB Video Card  ($81.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $409.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-11 22:33 EST-0500 

Just saying you'll be closer to your goal if you sell the consoles.

I had a 64 X2 with 2GB of ram & a HD 5450 as my desktop pc, you complaining now?

Hey man, I also had to convince my parents to help me build my first computer, and where I lived and with my circumstances it was very difficult to get a job. What helped me in my arguement was explaining how building a PC would in the end save tons of money. Not only a career path, but in gaming, in education, etc., the ability to find books online has been an incredible resource for me. If you open up to him and try and get him to understand that this would be a very large part of your life, he may come around.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard: MSI Z97-GAMING 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I would sell that vita seeing that it's practically failing

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT