How Do I Get My Parents to Help Me Buy A Pc?

reapersivan

Get a F#@king Job...

I have OCD and I stock at Publix

My condolences.

I used to stock and move around product at Walgreens. I know your pain.

I had a 64 X2 with 2GB of ram & a HD 5450 as my desktop pc, you complaining now?

low end 2009 mac mini for me :( 2gb and intergrated graphics was what I had.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Your parents have the best logic ever. Lets go to Las Vegas even tho we can't really pay for it :D.

But here is a build that seems to be around your budget

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 740 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($77.05 @ Mwave)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A58M-HD2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($42.49 @ Newegg)

Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($68.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.00 @ Amazon)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R7 250X 2GB Video Card  ($89.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ NCIX US)

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-14 DVD/CD Writer  ($13.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $421.49

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-11 22:31 EST-0500

We do have some money because my mom also works but they wouldn't like for me to waste 400$ on a pc. 

4 B's which are an 80percent of passing a class and 2 A's which are 90%. 

4Bs, my mom would kill me.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

Hello I am currently desiring to purchase a budget PC that costs a total of 450$. At the moment I have 150$ so i need around 300$ more. It is a gaming PC and my Mom is the only one who knows that it would be for gaming. I haven't told or asked my dad due to the reason that he doesn't get his paycheck that much due to an incident. I would ask him but I know his answer would be a straight NO. He never really supports me for anything nor really likes me at all. I have good grades at school, 4 B's which are an 80percent of passing a class and 2 A's which are 90%. They used to pay my phone on a monthly basis which was 35$ and get me a bus pass for school which was 40$. I have decided to not take the bus, help them save money and walk it to school everyday. My school is 2.5 miles away from home, an hour and a half walk which I do not mind. I also do chores at home to get payed like 10$ a week. I have sold some of my ps3 games to get money but it isn't enough. I do not want to sell me ps3 nor my psvita. My parents want to go to Las Vegas for Christmas and give me and my sisters like 80$ but I would prefer to stay home and them give me money but I know they do not want that. I honestly hate going to Las Vegas Nevada but, Oh Well. I am really interested in computers and I told them that if they help me buy a PC I can pursue the career of computer science or anything in that field. My mom told me to stop bugging her but I really WANT A PC. Also, the only person who supports me is a friend who is into PC's and not my family ._.

I know you don't want to sell them but they might be able to provide you with the money that you need to get the system you want.

I know how you feel with your parents. I went through a similar thing with my own but I have just came to terms with that parents don't tend to understand how big and important the computing field is. Explain to them that if they help you then you will be able to bring on lots of money in the future. :D

Main Rig - Case: Corsair 200R   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270-GAMING-K3  CPU: Intel i5 7600 RAM: Corsair H55 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000MHz SSD: Crucial MX500 1 TB 

HDD: 2TB WD Green  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1660 Ti 6GB Windforce  PSU: Corsair CX 600W  

HTPC - Case: CiT MTX-007B   Motherboard: Biostar H61MGV3, CPU: Intel i5 2400  RAM: Patriot 4GB 1333MHz SSD: 240GB Toshiba SSD PSU: 180W CIT (Came with case)

Corsair 200R Front Bezel Mod

4Bs, my mom would kill me.

My mom wouldn't, but I am carrying A's (1 A-) in all classes. Well, Algebra is like .2% from an A-...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

We do have some money because my mom also works but they wouldn't like for me to waste 400$ on a pc. 

You should tell them the boons of having your own pc. You can do your own work. Won't nag your dad to use his computer etc.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

just wait till you get a job, everything in life isn't easy sometimes you just have to wait.  

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

Hey man, I also had to convince my parents to help me build my first computer, and where I lived and with my circumstances it was very difficult to get a job. What helped me in my arguement was explaining how building a PC would in the end save tons of money. Not only a career path, but in gaming, in education, etc., the ability to find books online has been an incredible resource for me. If you open up to him and try and get him to understand that this would be a very large part of your life, he may come around.

I Once asked him if he could help me buy a PC but then he ignored me and kept watching TV

I want to buy a PC now due to the fact that I live very close to Micro Center and would like to go there for Black Friday. It is my favorite store!

Simple solution, stop asking them for money and work/save for it. Sell stuff you no longer want, get a job, help out your neighbors by cutting their grass or helping them with yardwork or something. People often need a hand with stuff they just need to know that you are available to help and would only want a bit of compensation for your time. Constantly pestering your parents when it's obvious that there are some financial issues going on isn't going to make them cave in to you. Or you could just wait it out, you said you get $10 a week so if you're really lazy all you need is patience and you won't have to do anything extra to get your PC.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

well if you like computers alot you can buy broken computers fix them and then sell on craigslist or ebay. 

Sorry, i have to say get a job/find a way to make money.

It took me over 10 years to build what i got. If you really really want a new PC you will find a way regardless of any help from your parents.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Do jobs around the house. Mow your lawn, wash your parents cars, etc

Thats how I make money. :)

My dad's car is usually clean and he would not let me. It is am old Honda.

u dont earn it your self  thats what i did what

part of calie do u live n?

Quite a creepy question but Tustin

They never really support me.

Sorry to jump in here offtopic,.......I saw your post and the first thing that pops out is the above.

I'm sure you meant emotionally in regards to your wants and needs......But thats a huge copout,.. your still alive aint you.... they clothed you, fed you, kept a roof over your head... they support you enough.

Ontopic - The making and selling of items (Cookies @ $1.15 from the $0.15 to make them) was a great suggestion.

You won't make anything if you don't want to do anything to get money.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Quite a creepy question but Tustin

i live in nothern calie i was wondering if u lived in the country because the way i got money was 4-h u raised an animal and sell it at a county fair. I got 1000 bucks for my pig last year but its a long term investment

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Sorry to jump in here offtopic,.......I saw your post and the first thing that pops out is the above.

I'm sure you meant emotionally in regards to your wants and needs......But thats a huge copout,.. your still alive aint you.... they clothed you, fed you, kept a roof over your head... they support you enough.

Ontopic - The making and selling of items (Cookies @ $1.15 from the $0.15 to make them) was a great suggestion.

You won't make anything if you don't want to do anything to get money.

They supply me with vital essentials but other than that, my sisters get what they want whenever.

They supply me with vital essentials but other than that, my sisters get what they want whenever.

A lot of families are like that, trying to make you a man by making you doing all thats required to get what you want by yourself, let alone the sisters who get everything cos their too precious in the eyes of their parents to do it themselves...

That statement doesnt blanket cover all situations, but it's still quite common.

If your open enough with your parents you could discuss it with them that you feel a little hard done by compared to your other siblings.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

A lot of families are like that, trying to make you a man by making you doing all thats required to get what you want by yourself, let alone the sisters who get everything cos their too precious in the eyes of their parents to do it themselves...

That statement doesnt blanket cover all situations, but it's still quite common.

If your open enough with your parents you could discuss it with them that you feel a little hard done by compared to your other siblings.

Thank you for expressing the way you think. I so agree with you.

Wow, if 15 was the age requirement for being employed part time, I guess I was working illegally for a good two years.

I don't think convincing your parents is a viable option at this point.

Anyway, this isn't going to be an immediate way of earning money, but have you asked people in school? For example, your teachers or the people that work in administration? I'm sure people that know you well, as opposed to someone like the manager at your local supermarket, would be more inclined in hiring you (even if it's a per-job basis).

There was a club at our school that would take up odd jobs, but does yours have one?

learn to code, later assist a freelancer make money ...... until ten take up odd jobs

Wow, if 15 was the age requirement for being employed part time, I guess I was working illegally for a good two years.

I don't think convincing your parents is a viable option at this point.

Anyway, this isn't going to be an immediate way of earning money, but have you asked people in school? For example, your teachers or the people that work in administration? I'm sure people that know you well, as opposed to someone like the manager at your local supermarket, would be more inclined in hiring you (even if it's a per-job basis).

There was a club at our school that would take up odd jobs, but does yours have one?

For schools it is only community service

By the looks of it your parents aren't going to be able to help. and since you have such limited time before black friday, your only option i see is choose either ps vita or playstation and sell which ever one you wan't least. or you could save up until another big sale and buy a better computer then.