Who uses Google Plus/Hangouts? Why/why not?

Aniallation

Do you personally use Google Plus and/or Hangouts?

If yes, do you like it?

If no, why not?

I use it, only to bitch at @Victor Yiu

"Rawr XD"

Yap. It's not iMessage.

Being serious though, it's a whole lot easier to know if the other person has read it rather than sending a followup text; 'Did you get my last message?' amongst other stuff.

no because I dont have a smartphone

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

@thekeemo, hangouts is technically google chat now. 

I use Hangouts because I can continue the conversation on multiple devices and i'm really used to it now.

but G+ can die

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

no because I dont have a smartphone

You don't need a smartphone to use Hangouts.

"Rawr XD"

You don't need a smartphone to use Hangouts.

I use Hangouts because I can continue the conversation on multiple devices and i'm really used to it now.

but G+ can die

for chat I just use skype because thats what everybody I know uses

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

for chat I just use skype because thats what everybody I know uses

I dislike skype for some reason.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Only on my smart phone.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I use Hangouts rather than Skype whenever I can. I also use Gmail enough to the point where it can be justified that I use it as a sort of texting service.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I dislike skype for some reason.

I dislike Skype because people can get your IP without even trying. Don't go on about the settings, all they have to do is add you or get someone else's password. Not hard, really.

I dislike Skype because people can get your IP without even trying. Don't go on about the settings, all they have to do is add you or get someone else's password. Not hard, really.

Yeah my biggest issue with it!

Yes b/c my skype is messed up and sound will only come out of monitor, not headphones

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

but G+ can die

watch it. g+ doesn't need so much hate. but hangouts kinda hates me. i'd rather use imessage.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I don't use hangouts because nobody I know uses it, or have never even heard of it

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

Not me! Google plus can just fade out of existence for all i care

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I don't use Google+ at all except to get into the public beta test versions of apps. I really like Google Hangouts though at least the phone app version.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I don't use google plus but I use hangouts.  Hangouts is amazing for my friend group; its way better than a facebook group and leagues better than group messaging.

Hangouts instead of Skype, SMS, Teakspeak, and any other messaging. All my friends agree. 

But, steam messaging is useful still. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Yes I use hangouts. I use it because it is better than any stock messaging app on any phone. I use it because it has a PC interface so I don't have to go to my phone every time I want to send someone a message.

I do however, hate it because it still has a long way to go. It's not bad by any means... but it's nowhere close to where it should be.

Corsair 5000D / Intel Core i7 12700k / Noctua NH-D15 / MSI Z690 Pro-Wifi DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti Founder's Edition / 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz / EVGA SuperNova 650w / Samsung 850 Pro EVO 256GB / ADATA SX8200 Pro / MSI Mag 274QRF-QD / LG CX 55" / Logitech G-Pro Wireless

Text messages are fine for me and I don't know a single person who uses G+; so no on both accounts.

Rule with your heart,

And live with your conscience.

I don't use either. I'm not a social person, I stay away from those "social media" services.
And I prefer chatting over talking/seeing my friends' ugly mug, so a proper IM client like Trillian is preferable over Hangouts.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I use Hangouts because when I only had a S3 with no service (hand-me-down wifi only) it let me send pictures and see if someone read the message.I now own a Nexus 5 with hangouts as the default messaging app. I do use the desktop client acctionally but I many use my Nexus or S3.

The only time I ever use any google messaging is when I'm working on things with people in google docs/drive, and I use the messenger in that. Otherwise Skype is it really. (Although I wish I could get people to move over to something else, no-one cares enough to make the move. :/)

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

It's better than Skype and Facebook

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China