My son wants to know ...

DeViLzzz

My son wants to know what is the best capture option  for him to capture game play from the Xbox 360 and share it on YouTube?  He was talking about wanting to do a season play through with EA NHL games with him doing announcing for it even if he has to add the voice over commentary later.  I know he would prefer an all in one solution to capture both audio and video at the same time though so if that is possible what does he need?  Now since I and others would chip in to buy it for him if he ever gets it what would be the best bang for the buck way to go also?

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I know the hauppage hdpvr allows you to capture your voice along side the recording of the console at the same time, but for the best quality black magic intensity. Never an elgato since they aren't reliable. For budget and decent quality, avermedia makes those. 

Probably an Elgato game capture HD or Elgato HD60.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I like, the Hauppage. I used to use it for PS3. Worked well for me. 

The ExtremeCap U3 appears to be quite good, however, it is very pricey but has some awesome features.

Check out Blunty's review since he covers most points.

You have a couple options

1) Elgato Game Capture HD 60

2) Avermedia

3) Roxio game capture HD pro

Spoiler
Spoiler

Obligatory PC specs

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H50
Motherboard: Asus Z170-E ATX LGA1151
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB G1
Case: Fractal Design Define S
Power Supply: Corsair CSM 550W

Spoiler
If you are new please read the CoC!

Please FOLLOW YOUR OWN THREADS!

Quote people when replying to them.

PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR DARK THEME USERS.

Mark your problem as solved if answered and like all helpful information.

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES(!) just type -pic- or tag them as spoiler.

Don't criticize people for asking "stupid question".

There is actually a hidden search feature on the forums here: Search 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU'RE A FANBOY/FANGIRL. WHAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU DON'T LET THAT EFFECT YOUR HARDWARE RECOMMENDATIONS.

DO NOT POST SPAM!

My son wants to know what is the best capture option  for him to capture game play from the Xbox 360 and share it on YouTube?  He was talking about wanting to do a season play through with EA NHL games with him doing announcing for it even if he has to add the voice over commentary later.  I know he would prefer an all in one solution to capture both audio and video at the same time though so if that is possible what does he need?  Now since I and others would chip in to buy it for him if he ever gets it what would be the best bang for the buck way to go also?

I'd use one of the Avermedia solutions.  Levelcap used to use them, and they're great.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

i'v heard elgato and roxio are good

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Thanks for all the help guys.  I emailed this thread to my son's step mom and the thing is she already mentioned that she got him a camera and his grandma mentioned he got some sort of tablet which yes he needs for school so well I don't know if I or someone else can find a way to get this for him. I would have to at this point part ways with my video card from my gaming rig .... :S

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S