Are there really any females on LTT?

Syntaxvgm

If you search by gender you get really few results. Are any of you regulars females? Just curious.

I'm beginning to think I have the longest hair on the forum, and that's a shame.

Rules 30 and 31 apply.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

As far as I'm aware there's at least half a dozen "regulars". But yeah, as Volbet says, doesn't really matter and there's no point calling them out

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

There are a couple, but I don't think they would be comfortable with me posting their names.

They are mostly lurkers though.

And why does it even matter?

I find it odd that for the greatly increasing number of female gamers, there are still very few female tech enthusiasts.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

As far as I'm aware there's at least half a dozen "regulars". But yeah, as Volbet says, doesn't really matter and there's no point calling them out

They can call themselves out if they want.

muh specs 

All parts black

I think I can recall a few but I'll hold back tagging them...

I also agree with @Volbet...

I think I can recall a few but I'll hold back tagging them...

I also agree with @Volbet...

Again, not really looking for people to post names unless they are talking about themselves.

muh specs 

All parts black

Yah know, I do wonder, as I do know of at least 1...I think...do females on forums like and whatnot generally have to mark themselves as male to avoid harassment? I mean do you like get instantly hit on as a female on a forum like this?

muh specs 

All parts black

@helping was around pretty frequently (and was pretty open about it.) Stopped posting iirc.

Yah know, I do wonder, as I do know of at least 1...I think...do females on forums like and whatnot generally have to mark themselves as male to avoid harassment? I mean do you like get instantly hit on as a female on a forum like this?

My ex has a forum account, the answer is yes, some do. 

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

@helping was around pretty frequently (and was pretty open about it.) Stopped posting iirc.

Forgot about helping

There is one but I forget her name...

Ahh yes, @EcoBoost

Ah there's one! 600+ posts. Never seen them around....well actually I tend to recognize people I don't interact with directly by avatar, so if they had a different avatar before...

muh specs 

All parts black

Some do, yes.

My wife used to frequent a lot of tech forum (mostly programming and 3D modeling forum), where she would be hit on by random people. So she ended up just saying she was a man.

Something about the anonymity of the internet brings out some strange sides in people.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Guys on LTT forum wouldn't hit on someone just because of their gender. But if there are any girls out there, then hit me up at babaganoosh@gmail.comtotally not a fake email

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Some do, yes.

My used to frequent a lot of tech forum (mostly programming and 3D modeling forum), where she would be hit on by random people. So she ended up just saying she was a man.

Something about the anonymity of the internet brings out some strange sides in people.

The desperate sides as well. And this is mainly what I'm wondering about. I bet there still are really few females on here, and tech forums in general, but I have a feeling that there are more than we see.

Hell I had a female anime character as an avatar once, it was either gravatar or assigned randomly, I forget, but I got hit on once when I had that avatar. Last time I ever got on an anime forum, they are all weird.

muh specs 

All parts black

Guys on LTT forum wouldn't hit on someone just because of their gender. But if there are any girls out there, then hit me up at babaganoosh@gmail.comtotally not a fake email

:D

I wouldn't think LTT would be a problem place, but if you've had a bad experience identifying as a female elsewhere, chances are you don't here. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Forgot about helping Ah there's one! 600+ posts. Never seen them around....well actually I tend to recognize people I don't interact with directly by avatar, so if they had a different avatar before...

Oh, she posts quite a lot. I change my avatar every now and again, i was first Intel vs AMD, then something, then King of the Hill and Adventure Time mixed together, and now I'm Hank Hill I'll tell you what.

Oh, she posts quite a lot. I change my avatar every now and again, i was first Intel vs AMD, then something, then King of the Hill and Adventure Time mixed together, and now I'm Hank Hill I'll tell you what.

I recognize a  lot of people by avatar and I'm not the only one. 

muh specs 

All parts black

:D

I wouldn't think LTT would be a problem place, but if you've had a bad experience identifying as a female elsewhere, chances are you don't here. 

We could do a social experiment with fake female account.

You should know that there are no women on the internet, Anyone who appears to be a woman is a poser or a 12 year old boy.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.