Phobya NB-eLoop Bionic 120mm review

torment lm

Hey everyone.

first let me introduce myself my name is Jonas O. Andersen, I live in Denmark and I work as a fiber technician, 

I’m 20 years old and have been reviewing, writing and modding computers and tech for over 5 years.

Today I want to give you a review of this product from Aquatuning.

684ALOT.jpg

This is the Phobya NB-eLoop Bionic 120mm fan.

Let me first of all give you guys an overview of the fan and it’s specifications.

Specifications.

• Dimensions : 120x120x25mm
  • Weight: 125g
  • Nominal voltage : 12V
  • Start-up voltage : 6 V
  • Power consumption : 1,01W
  • Nominal speed : 1600rpm (+/- 10%)
  • Pressure head : 1,560mmH2O
  • Air flow : 104 m3/h
  • Noise emission: 22,5 dB/A
  • MTBF (25°C) : 140 000 hrs
  • Connector : 3 Pin Molex with RPM signal
  • Warranty: 3 years

Packaging.

cE36PZm.jpg

s470dsX.jpg

Well as you can see the box is very nice looking, it has many colors and looks beasty.

It has all the information that you want to know as well. Let us say you see it in a shop,

you do not have to ask or look anything up on the internet it,

is all stated on the box, so there is nothing left unanswered.

The box also has some glossy painting and effects as well as the fan itself have its blades highlighted.

cWaPQbo.jpg

MhjUIrq.jpg

In addition, as you can see on the back of the box, it states everything about the specifications.

Inside the box we find the fan and some screws for mounting.

And now let’s take a look at the fan itself.

Closer look

Now I will take a closer look at the fan and explain a few things.

The fan is very striking when you first see it. The fan itself is obviously red and black and the might make it unfitting for some builds, 

however it would suit a red/black theme perfectly without a doubt. The fan also has some Noise Blocker feature elements to its construction and engineering.

7MHzeft.jpg

The bearing in the fan is a NB-NanoSLI 2 magnetic floating bearing, which offers both horizontal and vertical operation without increased the noise,

moreover the antidust technology makes the fan dust protected and a special lubrication with Nano technologygives the fan a for long lifespan.

x04OXxV.jpg

The blades are made out a clear transparrent red plastic and have been ribbed on the back edge of them.

They also feature a dust repelling super-smooth surface. Personally I think it catches the light nicely.

but I would suggest that they made a LED version as well for the people out there who wants lit up systems, with their red and black theme.

B6UHB3U.jpg

The fan itself is build, in a very strong plastic with no flex to it at all.

At the conors of the fan have these small rubber dampeners, with an embossed Noise Blocker logo.

These rubber dampeners help reduce the noise that the fan makes, but something that kind of anoyed me was that they had not taken it 1 step futher

and added noise reduction to the screw area as well it's just bare plastic. It would definityly have been a nice add to the fan.

uJVmVSU.jpg

Last but not least the fan is a 3pin and have a nicely braided cable, that also makes you completely unable to see the color of the cables though the braiding which is AWESOME.

Performance

5v

The noise is none existent and the fan is spinning decently without being kind of lackluster, however the air being pushed though is not huge, but that's to be expected at 5V

7v

The noise here at 7V is nothing different from the 5V but it's spinning fast and pushes more air though the fan, so now it's a decent amount of air being pushed though, so very much the same as 5V however it pushes more air.

12v

This time the fan became noteable, but in my opinion it's to an acceptable amount, considering how much air it now pushes though, the airflow is high and the direction of the air is very focused and nice, very impressive. "Quite the storm"

Conclusion

First of all the fan package looks fantastic it's entertaining and very eye catching, and would fit perfectly in a computer store or shopping environment
However the lack of noise reduction mount for the fan is a little disappointing. But the fan itself looks incredible, it's stunning finish on the blades is just amazing. (Kind of wish they would make a LED version)
Also the fans durability and sturdyness is some of the best I've ever seen very very impressive and seems like it would be able to last forever.

It's obvious that this fan have gotten a lot of though on the side of the design and the final product and I most say it's impressive and the performance of the fan is quite impressive, would be recommendable for a watercooling PC.

I'm impressed with the fan and how it performed turned out to surprise me I've seen a lot of "good-looking" fans that just did not perform, but this one did and to a good extend, only thing that nags me is the color sceme,
It would fit perfect in a red and black theme but would look kind of misplaced in other environments.

From what I could find the fan goes for 12.85£ which ain't too bad and ain't too cheap.

JGn1BE3.jpg

Pros

• Looks incredible
  • Very good build quality all round
  • Nice packaging
  • Anti-vibration dampeners in the conors
  • Very Silent at 5v and 7v
  • Fan connector is black
  • Cable braiding is good and not seethough
  • Black screws

Cons

• Lack of LEDs (depending on who you are)
  • No anti-vibration for the mounting

That was it for this time hope you all find the review usable and cannot wait to bring more to you guys.

Great review, with a nice conclusion which I love :) Too bad these fans don't match my colour theme

-BUILD-

CPU: INTEL I5 4690K GRAPHICS CARD: GIGABYTE 970 G1 2.5GB CASE: NZXT S340|BLACK MOBO: MSI Z97S KRAIT EDITION CPU COOLER: CORSAIR H100i 

RAM: HYPERX FURY 2X4GB|WHITE PSU: CORSAIR RM850 850W FULLY MODULAR STORAGE: 1TB WD BLUE HDD OS: WINDOWS 8.1

They're almost identical to the NoiseBlocker ELoops, which are white.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Great review, with a nice conclusion which I love :) Too bad these fans don't match my colour theme

Completely agree the color is a sin somehow, and thanks, glad that you liked it.

I purchased 3 of the stock white ones from noiseblocker. I got the B12-PS for PWM control :)

They're almost identical to the NoiseBlocker ELoops, which are white.

They are eloops. Phobya just changes the plastic material for the blades.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I purchased 3 of the stock white ones from noiseblocker. I got the B12-PS for PWM control :)

How did you get NB fans to Vancouver?

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

How did you get NB fans to Vancouver?

My aunt that lives in the US is going to bring them up to me when she comes here at the end of november.

It was $100 for 3 fans, lol

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

My aunt that lives in the US is going to bring them up to me when she comes here at the end of november.

It was $100 for 3 fans, lol

And people thought Noctua are expensive i.i

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

And people thought Noctua are expensive i.i

Yup lol

Spoiler

That's what I meant. Just in case anyone was wondering. The difference in color was why I said almost. I think they're also available in blue somewhere, but I'm not sure what brand those are.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

That's what I meant. Just in case anyone was wondering. The difference in color was why I said almost. I think they're also available in blue somewhere, but I'm not sure what brand those are.

Alphacool

97077_l.jpg

Spoiler

Alphacool

97077_l.jpg

black too

476a11f7_65.jpeg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Excellent review

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."