Giving shit for "reposts" (WARNING: Kind of ranty)

mythicalbeast

So I am gonna go on sort of a moral rant here aboy the LTT-forum community. 

You guys are great, supportive, active, and helpfull, BUT (yes, of course! There's allways a 'but') you guys need to let go of this negativity against "reposts". I mean, no one can claim the right to report on a given news case, and it is good that something gets posted multiple times. If the news of ubisoft pulling steam games were only posted once it would drown in all the other posts and not get recogniced, when there's multiple threads covering it it gets seen. After a cupple hours a post ends up at least one page down, and after 1 day it's probably a cupple pages down, and then the thread is dead, but when it is allways being refreshed it doesn't drown in the ocean of pages. So, please accept that the same news gets covered multiple times, it's not something bad :)

And sorry for absolute shait english, I would give you a potato, but they have all roted away D:

Where in the world is Christmas land? I need to know. 

I'm absolutely sure that this is a repost

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

But if the post is popular enough, it will always get bumped up. If you create multiple posts of the same one, then it drowns out all the rest in the "recent topics" and makes the forum disorganized. One post per news article organizes all the replies onto one topic.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

the problem with reposts ist they take thefame and intelligence away from the first poster and ye it is somtimes stupid but it willl be fixed its a new forum

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Fucking repost.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

You are wrong one post is enough, if it's something important and people comment in it or like it it will get bumped up.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

the problem with reposts ist they take thefame and intelligence away from the first poster and ye it is somtimes stupid but it willl be fixed its a new forum

Fame and intelligence for reading an article and making a thread about it? Whaaaaaaaaat.

What's the point of making another thread about it if there already is one? The one that exists will always get bumped in the beginning anyway. Also there is a function you can use in google that is site:Linustechtips.com "Something you want to search for". IMO there really is no excuse for a repost

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

First, this should be in the General Discussion section as more people would see it there. ;)

Second, let's all face it; There are always going to be reposts. All that is necessary is that one or a few people KINDLY remind and inform the OP that the topic has already been posted. That's as far as it needs to go and that's all that needs to be said.

There are some people on this forum (not too many, thankfully) with such a poisonous attitude that feel compelled to waste their own time giving the OP hell for reposting, cursing and swearing, calling them things I care not repeat. This is completely unnecessary! When you see a repost, just move on and ignore it. That's what I do. It's really not the big of a deal. If the majority of the regular readers/participants see a repost and know it's a repost and ignore that repost, it'll get buried and forgotten pretty quick and everyone can continue the discussion in the thread that was initially posted. However, if people keep posting in the reposted threads and sh*t-talking the OP, it just ends up being a waste of everyone's time as all you're doing is keeping that thread on the main page.

So I say, just simply boycott reposts. ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

REPOST sorry someones done this rant before request delete Kappa

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

I propose we change it to retoast.

This is a retoast by the way, a mod already ranted about this.

So I am gonna go on sort of a moral rant here aboy the LTT-forum community. 

You guys are great, supportive, active, and helpfull, BUT (yes, of course! There's allways a 'but') you guys need to let go of this negativity against "reposts". I mean, no one can claim the right to report on a given news case, and it is good that something gets posted multiple times. If the news of ubisoft pulling steam games were only posted once it would drown in all the other posts and not get recogniced, when there's multiple threads covering it it gets seen. After a cupple hours a post ends up at least one page down, and after 1 day it's probably a cupple pages down, and then the thread is dead, but when it is allways being refreshed it doesn't drown in the ocean of pages. So, please accept that the same news gets covered multiple times, it's not something bad :)

And sorry for absolute shait english, I would give you a potato, but they have all roted away D:

There are problems with your idea.

First: Reposting news is against the forum CoC, which was created with direct input (and veto powers should they not like a rule the mods proposed) of both @LinusTech and @Slick. So I mean... their forum, their rules :P

Second, reposted news is SO ANNOYING! If the thread died, then it was meant to die. You can try resurrecting it instead of reposting the same news topic.

Third, (especially given how many of the reposts are really terribly written), it takes away from the hard work that the original news poster had to perform.

My personal rant with reposts is when users post "Repost!" (With an optionally annoying as fuck meme/image) without:

1. Linking the original post, or

2. Reporting it to the Mod team.

I encourage everyone that sees a repost to report it immediately with the link to the original (Generally the threads simply get merged, especially if the repost is better then the original). I also ask that anyone who posts "REPOST!" in a thread, PUTS THE FUCKING LINK TO THE ORIGINAL IN! :P

Saying repost in a thread but not posting the link to the original is about as useless as a chainsaw is at wiping your ass.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)