Microsoft hired people to upvote positive Xbox One comments on Reddit

"Mistysilver" (A redditer) who aparently works at Micrsoft started the news, which in my opinion isn't much news at all: "The Xbox one isn't having a  good receiving on Reddit and the Xbox team knows that

The story goes: While at Microsoft for a meeting, Misty Silver saw and overheard some employees on Reddit. She looked at one of the employee's screens:

"I noticed he was mass-downvoting a ton of posts and comments, and he kept switching to other tabs to make posts and comments of his own. I couldn't make out exactly what he was posting, but I presumed he was doing RM (reputation management) and asked my boss about it later. According to my boss, MS have[sic] just brought in a huge sweep of SMM managers to handle reputation management for the Xbox One," Silver reported.

And Reddit actually has a policy on this (From their Please Don't's):

Create mass downvote or upvote campaigns. This includes attacking a user's profile history when they say something bad and participating in karma party threads.

Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-positive-reddit-comments-2013-6#ixzz2VaVsneiz

If true, not surprising.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It's like people giving perfect scores on metacritic for crappy games that aren't even released to the public yet. 

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

If I ran Microsoft, I would just change the XBox 1. Why pay to make people like something crap when you can make that thing better with the same money?

Sarah Jessica Parker

If I ran Microsoft, I would just change the XBox 1. Why pay to make people like something crap when you can make that thing better with the same money?

1 word - Developers

This isn't all on Microsoft. Developers are pushing this through also. Sony isn't getting any slack yet because they haven't said anything about used games. 

The only thing that bugs me is the 24hr check up. 

Plus what confuses me is this if I go to a friends house and log into my account and than have access to my games, that would be because they will be on the cloud. If my friend has crappy slow internet how long is it going to take to load a game than? Or do I have to download the game to play? Some PS3 games are like 25GB. Next gen games will be about the same. Do I have to use my friends data and maybe cap him out from playing a game?

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

This happens all the time in marketing, companies do it frequently. Not at all surprising.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Well sadly there goes here job.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Yup, not surprising, but the fact that they were caught is not going to help all the bad PR they already got.

Can't blame them for trying.

I would have preferred that they build build a product for their market rather than trying to pigeon-hole their market in to the product.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

hey they need likes from somewhere

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I wish Microsoft would hire me to do this all day long for money.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

If true, not surprising.

You read my mind. They've probably done this before anyway.

Talk about killing the messenger. Go to the root of the problem, creating a fake good reseption isn't going to make it better

1 word - Developers

This isn't all on Microsoft. Developers are pushing this through also. Sony isn't getting any slack yet because they haven't said anything about used games.

The only thing that bugs me is the 24hr check up.

Plus what confuses me is this if I go to a friends house and log into my account and than have access to my games, that would be because they will be on the cloud. If my friend has crappy slow internet how long is it going to take to load a game than? Or do I have to download the game to play? Some PS3 games are like 25GB. Next gen games will be about the same. Do I have to use my friends data and maybe cap him out from playing a game?

First its not Developers. A Dev is like mojang. Its the publishers who keep absorbing people like EA and Activision who wholeheartedly believe that piracy ruins sales in this steam era and Microsofts other Investors who want big sales, which ultimately doesn't matter cause kids won't switch console brands for at least one refresh (like xbox360 to slim). If a Dev had any say they'd want all of the power and none of the background nonsense eating the performance up, assuming Sony isn't stupid the ps4 will be close to this.

Totalbiscuit outlined a good issue here where even if the ps4 is more favourable for the Dev, if the publishers don't want to use it cause they can't assure profit from every copy of the game changing hands, it could be the death of Sony and result in them following Microsoft to their graves.

ALSO to clarify, IF you have a game signed to your account at home and go to a friends house who does not have a copy of the game on their console you will have to download it. IF they have the game on their drive you, in theory, should be good to go so long as you connect the XBOne to the internet once an hour. Judging by their intentions they want you to leave the device plugged into the internet all the time though.
(protip WiFi will have an observable effect on your online play, always use Wired internet for games)
They are desperately trying to play 'Steam' with hardware and software locks on piracy. It of course won't work, there will be modchips/boards/softmods within a year.

I'm surprised that so many people seem to be surprised by this. (On and off this thread btw)

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Microsoft is just copying steam but you have to pay for the service and won't get any benefits.

*cough* steam sales *cough*