Kraken x61 making noise [link attached]

coldie

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwfU2Rwv_5wVdTRJNnlzZ1laWGs/view

So I turned off all my chassi fans before taking this recording. I held up my phone to the backplate of the cpu cooler and this is the sound it was making.

I have a Kraken x61, I just bought it and installed it on Tuesday and its been making this noise. I'm not sure if this is normal or not.

Does anyone who owns a liquid cooler know if this noise is normal?

p.s. its not really as loud as it sounds in the recording...its a very feint rattling. For some reason the .wav file amplified the volume

Sounds like a bad pump to me, you could send it for a RMA.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

How di you install it in your case? It sounds like air in the loop.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thats the right position. It probably was not correctly sealed at the factory and there are air bubbles in it. You will have to RMA or exchange it at the store you bought it.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's not all its Kraked up to be is it? :P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Thats the right position. It probably was not correctly sealed at the factory and there are air bubbles in it. You will have to RMA or exchange it at the store you bought it.

So you don't think its grinding?

So you don't think its grinding?

No, that sounds like air bubbles. There arent supposed to be any in an AiO so its a reason to RMA.

Spoiler

No, that sounds like air bubbles. There arent supposed to be any in an AiO so its a reason to RMA.

Can air bubbles work themselves out?

Can air bubbles work themselves out?

Yes and no. The resevoir in a closed loop cooler is very small, and this makes it extremely hard to bleed air out from.

My H100i has gotten a bit of air in it over time. When I took my H100i out for painting and moved it all over the palce, the bubbles got mixed again with the fluid, and this made the noise of air going though the pump. After a couple of weeks running 24/7 with the resevoir (the part of the radiator where the tubing comes out) at the highest point of the loop (I tilted my PC case at an angle for a few weeks) and eventually the noise went away as the bubbles accumulated at the top of the loop and separated from the fluid.

There is no guarantee that this solution will work for you too, because we dont know how much air is in the loop. Since it is there from the first day I would recommend sending it back, as more air leaks in over time.

If you dont have a short time limit to return it to the store, you could try just leaving it running for long periods of time and hopefully it could go away...

Spoiler