Violent Video Game Poll

DarkLordDylan

I have to some public polling for my Government class and this seemed a good a place as any to go for it.

It's something unpredictable. But in the end is right. I hope you've had the time of your life.

Video games don't cause violence.  It's a bunch of crap

The video games are not the issue here, its the dumbfuck parents letting like 5 year olds play COD or other games of that sort.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I don't think video games are bad.

I feel like the entertainment content we consume today is ... bad?

Violence aside, the over sexualization (404: Proper word not found)  of both men and women that are essentially everywhere around us in this day in age is more degretory than the stuff we see in video games.

Look at Superheros, Look at models, Look at movies.

/rant

If you're depending on them to get your anger out then yeah it can be problematic if you're going around killing people in video games to cheer you up fend out your anger.

Is it a problem for the every day and average gamer? No it's not. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

There's nothing wrong with these games. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

I think its a minor problem for kids that are under-aged for this type of content.
I have met kids before in elementary school obsessed with guns and killing stuff. This is obviously a parenting issue, but an issue with violent video games nonetheless.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It has actually been proven that video games, to be specific, those that are violent, actually reduce violence. So to say that 'Do violent video games cause violence?' is currently an uneducated opinion. Great topic to choose though. 

It has actually been proven that video games, to be specific, those that are violent, actually reduce violence. So to say that 'Do violent video games cause violence?' is currently an uneducated opinion. Great topic to choose though. 

Let an 8 year old kid play amnesia and then see if they have any issues in their adulthood.

Pretty sure you pulled that "fact" out of your rear end.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

It's only a problem when the individual playing the games does not have a proper moral compass and they let the game influence their behavior or emotional development. Anyone who was raised in a somewhat stable emotional environment by a parent that ensures their child understands what they are doing and seeing in those kinds of games should not be affected. That's far from the case though as most parents use video games as a baby sitter and do not make an effort to understand what their child is doing and seeing while they are playing.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Let an 8 year old kid play amnesia and then see if they have any issues in their adulthood.

Pretty sure you pulled that "fact" out of your rear end.

Let any child play or watch anything that can be seen as scary to them, and of course they are going to have nightmares. Is that movie, or show, going to cause them to commit crimes? 

Let any child play or watch anything that can be seen as scary to them, and of course they are going to have nightmares. Is that movie, or show, going to cause them to commit crimes? 

This is not about video games making criminals. That is obviously not true.

As stated in the OP, I am saying that violent video games are problematic.

These problems may be obsession with violence or weapons, or desensitisation to violence, or thinking violence is a normal part of life, or nightmares, etc...

This does not mean they are a criminal, it just means they have been affected by the violence in a negative way.

Understand?

Its a minor problem because it doesnt make them bad people, it just changes them.

Spoiler

This is not about video games making criminals. That is obviously not true.

As stated in the OP, I am saying that violent video games are problematic.

These problems may be obsession with violence or weapons, or desensitisation to violence, or thinking violence is a normal part of life, or nightmares, etc...

This does not mean they are a criminal, it just means they have been affected by the violence in a negative way.

Understand?

Its a minor problem because it doesnt make them bad people, it just changes them.

Then based on this, R rated movies are also problematic. Why don't we focus on those as well?

I say "sorta not really." it's not the fault of the kids who are violent because of the games, it's the fault of the parents who let their kids play M games at 5 years old.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Well I have seen some pretty violent people that played GTA all the time when they were little kids. They're in jail now for running away from the police, theft, violence, etc. 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

I don't think its a problem at all. Its just the parents and those theorists that make it all look bad. Even back to our ancestors, violence was already in out DNA for means of survival.

Yeah I play a lot of violent games  but I can say that I am calm and composed person IRL. I've played CS and GTA back when I was a kid and it did not make me into an animal

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Slightly, since video games can normalize excessive sexuality, violence, and other negative activities that are not welcome in modern societies and are just unrealistic.

Then based on this, R rated movies are also problematic. Why don't we focus on those as well?

Yeah they are also problematic when the person watching is not even a teenager...

Spoiler

@Tagiau why do you think video games and movies are content rated for age? Because some stuff is not appropriate for young children, and yes it can cause problems when underaged children start playing violent games and watching violent movies.

If this wasnt true there would be no age restriction on anything.

Spoiler

guess which my votes on :D

I think it's depends & varies from person to person , there is always that one or two  lads who takes things too seriously &  that's the only window the term "violence" needs in order to flourish, & just because it's a few doesn't disregard the cause

Remember the case of Those two two teenagers(different place) who reenacted Dexter & one them killed their GF & The other one killed his bully i think.. Plus several other cases that don't make it to mainstream media like GTA re-enactment & gang initiation violence similar to some violent game.. remember the kid who shot his grandparents over some game after being grounded, Plus Those mini crimes like stabbing , poisoning, beat down & more reported while reenacting the character..but you don't get to hear it in the same scale as others do,

But, People are Violent regardless they play a violent game or not, depends on situation & their history & surrounding.. There's always a chance of something being mimicked ,

it's like monkey see.. monkey do..

Details separate people.

"It becomes a problem only when people make  it a problem" -Flight1sim 2014

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I read this in front of the class one day when we were all talking about video game violence in health class. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/18/games-definitely-dont-harm-kids-says-huge-study?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook