Has Apple Really Ever Invented Anything?

duh.....the computer :P

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

I seen this video when Logan first released it, good video and it just goes to show, the best thing APPLE is good at is suing companies.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

They invented curved edges obviously. Seriously though I am sick of their "better than you" attitude.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

I've seen this video and it's very well done (love Logan) but guys we don't need another apple bashing thread. I know they've done a lot done as a corporation but there's no use just ranting, try to be constructive. What really needs to be done to fix the system? What needs to be done to stop stupid patents, etc? Food for thought :P

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

They did limit it to post Steve Wozniak Apple, wihich means it was hard to find anything they invented. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

They did limit it to post Steve Wozniak Apple, wihich means it was hard to find anything they invented. 

Yeah, Woz was a genius, there's no denying that. :P

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

Yeah, Woz was a genius, there's no denying that. :P

100% agreed :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

The credit I do give Apple is that they defined the smartphone as we know it. I'm not sure if you can say they really invented it as it's a mix of all sorts of technologies but the first iPhone was revolutionary.

i know alot of DJ's that use mac books because "the music player is easier to use"

below happened when i heard that

Facepalm.png

he must not know that you can get itunes on windows.... (are iSheep really that dumb?)

I don't hate Apple products (Overpriced as hell and, in my case, there is almost anything i couldn't do with windows or linux, but whatever). I hate the company's attitude. The stupid sues. The legal problems. The stupid patents. Holding the industry back etc etc. And yet people absolutely eat the stupid marketing thrown at them,,,,

Its like spartan madness.

Apple hate isn't new, but because they are more mainstream now iSheeps think its just jealousy or even worse, they think people hate Apple products because they can't afford them....

Its double spartan madness

Apple does not invent products, they reinvent them. Think of all the categories that they helped create, but not invent by themselves. Smartphones, Ultrabooks, Tablets, the whole online music industry was spurred on by them. Everybody here seems to hate Apple, but just think where we would be without them. Apple influences the whole tech industry, and may even be needed to help evolve the tech industry. 

The credit I do give Apple is that they defined the smartphone as we know it. I'm not sure if you can say they really invented it as it's a mix of all sorts of technologies but the first iPhone was revolutionary.

Apple does not invent products, they reinvent them. Think of all the categories that they helped create, but not invent by themselves. Smartphones, Ultrabooks, Tablets, the whole online music industry was spurred on by them. Everybody here seems to hate Apple, but just think where we would be without them. Apple influences the whole tech industry, and may even be needed to help evolve the tech industry. 

I agree with both of you. While Apple does a lot of stupidity with patents, they have done a ton to force the rest of the industry to innovate.

ZFS tutorial

Apple is all about copying ideas, implementing them in their own way (good artists borrow great artists steal mentality)  and marketing the shit out of them to take all the credit, then they sue the companies with the original idea/anyone who does anything similar to what they did... In a few months we might see them suing Google or other companies for tax evading like they did...

apple.jpg

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

They have the 'Idea' to make things from scraps to something. not really invent anything new though, but maybe make something that has already invented to be better with their clowny price tag

Apple isn't in the business of inventing stuff, they are in the business of innovating stuff. There's a big difference, but sadly, a lot of people seem to think that they are the same...

i know alot of DJ's that use mac books because "the music player is easier to use"

Facepalm.png

he must not know that you can get itunes on windows.... (are iSheep really that dumb?)

They probably weren't talking about Itunes. For quite a while Serato was Mac only from what I remember, and from what I still know it functions better on a mac when using a mobile platform. 

At least I hope not. 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

My family life is filled with macs. So much so that they forget their pc's exist, then proceed to fill them up with shit. Then that's where I come in, and am expected to fix their sloppiness. I say every time "It's all because of those f**king macs", and I'm right, they truly are the center of all evil >:|

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Facepalm.png

If they are real dj's and producers they aren't using itunes, and OS X is much easier to use, that is the one thing I will concede to the Apple camp.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Of course they have!

The SWAG!

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

Apple invented the patent troll.  They will prove this soon by filing lawsuits against other patent trolls for paten trolling.