Fake Leather

filipcro

So, did we find the vegan?

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

I was joking to make vegetarians and vegans angry, really that sounds kind of weird but who knows I might try it

Its really tasty, a bit fatty but its part of a fried breakfast so its best that way.

You live in Texas and have never had meat before...? Go to Famous Dave's and order this:

I'll pay you $5 if you can beat me and eat the entire thing and more. :P

Can I just get a double order of the right hand side of the plate.  Forget the muffins just pile on the ribs.

I was joking to make vegetarians and vegans angry, really that sounds kind of weird but who knows I might try it

Well aren't you nice.

It seems like out of the LTT community here, it's the non-vegetarians who're the ones trying to flame here, not the vegetarians.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Well aren't you nice.

It seems like out of the LTT community here, it's the non-vegetarians who're the ones trying to flame here, not the vegetarians.

But us vegetarians are the minority, so it may not be a good comparison.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

All I know is that I bought some cheap shoes and the fake leather is peeling off already, guess what I am going to buy next.

Genuine leather, BECAUSE IT WORKS AND IS DURABLE - THAT'S WHY.

Please go away with your "SAVE THE WORLD" hippy arguments, we have enough of your kind already.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Well aren't you nice.

If I was flaming earlier, I apologize, but I would point out that the OP was flaming as well, claiming that anyone who uses animal bi-products is a "psychopath". 

I eat meat, I love meat, if I could make my diet 100% meat and still be healthy I would. I use as much of the animal as I can, I buy soup bones from which to make broth and gravy as well as a snack for my dogs (they love those things) especially our new lab/mix puppy who is still teething after 8 months. I do attempt to hunt (have yet to see or kill anything >.<) but if/when I do get an animal, I plan on using every last bit of it that I can, I will make leather from it's skin, use it's bones for the above mentioned things (as well as making a knife if I can, bone knife = badass). I just hate the militant "your a psychopath" vegetarians. I'm not a psycho, I'm an animal hell bent on survival, and as far as I am concerned, every single other animal on the planet is fair game, however bad I may or may not feel about it. Even Les Stroud (survivorman) says the same thing "I hate to kill an animal, but in the game of survival, all creatures are fair game".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm an animal hell bent on survival, and as far as I am concerned, every single other animal on the planet is fair game, however bad I may or may not feel about it. Even Les Stroud (survivorman) says the same thing "I hate to kill an animal, but in the game of survival, all creatures are fair game".

But if you think of it, you don't have to kill animals for survival, for a tiger its hunt or die but us humans have all the finer things in life, GTX 980 anyone? 

2C8H18 + 25O2 ~> 16CO2 + 18H2O

We should be worried about that equation rather than what animals we are killing. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

But if you think of it, you don't have to kill animals for survival, for a tiger its hunt or die but us humans have all the finer things in life, GTX 980 anyone? 

True, but it would be foolish to not take advantage of resources available to us. Even just for knowledge. Which is why I read as much as I can about survival tactics and methods, as the information I keep in my mind is absolutely free to keep (any good survivalist would tell you, the single most important tool you have is that which you keep with you, your mind)

2C8H18 + 25O2 ~> 16CO2 + 18H2O

We should be worried about that equation rather than what animals we are killing. 

Photosynthesis?

I'm just going to unfollow this thread now and stop replying.

Had enough of this. Might as well make an Intel vs Amd / Amd vs Nvidia thread. Neither side is going to convince the other party to change. Why do we do this?

I'll be the mature one and end it.

True, but it would be foolish to not take advantage of resources available to us.

Photosynthesis?

The production of CO2. Which causes our global ocean PH and temperature to rise. 

Had enough of this. Might as well make an Intel vs Amd / Amd vs Nvidia thread. Neither side is going to convince the other party to change. Why do we do this?

Ending debate against a side that you disagree with is never mature.

The production of CO2. Which causes our global ocean PH and temperature to rise. 

I'm not even going to touch that one.

What exactly do you mean.

I'm trying to say this thread could go on for 500 pages and we'd still be at it the same way, restating the same points and in the end nothing will change. I'm stoping because Its honestly a waste of time to be frank. While there have been very civil moments it seems whenever someone joins the thread they go all out to try and stir the pot.

I'm being mature as I'm realising the pointlessness of this.

I'm not even going to touch that one.

I'm not saying to drive an electric car. 

Just saying. Within 50 years the coral reefs will be gone as they are the most brittle ecosystem.

Also, the only reason the global geothermal and air temperature as not risen tons is because the amount of particles in the air, protecting us from solar radiation. 

We are at 400 parts per million.

And our oceans. We would be dead without them. (Other than the lack of water)

We're going to continue killing animals due to their usefulness. The tallow is used in cosmetic products and the bones are used for fertilizer. The gelatin is used to make yogurts and jello. Hides are used to make soft and durable clothing and the meat tastes pretty good too.

I'm not saying to drive an electric car. 

Just saying. Within 50 years the coral reefs will be gone as they are the most brittle ecosystem.

Also, the only reason the global geothermal and air temperature as not risen tons is because the amount of particles in the air, protecting us from solar radiation. 

We are at 400 parts per million.

And our oceans. We would be dead without them. (Other than the lack of water)

I'm saying that it's out of our hands, climate change is a demonstably natural occurrence within our ecosystem. And in fact, the current climate change is in time with the cycle of climate change.

What exactly do you mean.

I'm trying to say this thread could go on for 500 pages and we'd still be at it the same way, restating the same points and in the end nothing will change. I'm stoping because Its honestly a waste of time to be frank. While there have been very civil moments it seems whenever someone joins the thread they go all out to try and stir the pot.

I'm being mature as I'm realising the pointlessness of this.

By that argument I could say that with death being a certainty for all people, any and all debates are pointless.

I'm saying that it's out of our hands, climate change is a demonstably natural occurrence within our ecosystem. And in fact, the current climate change is in time with the cycle of climate change.

By that argument I could say that with death being a certainty for all people, any and all debates are pointless.

Yes, existing (Any civilization) produces heat and we will all die eventually. 

But now, technically, we can fix it. 

Fake leather is horrible, I could tell fake leather from real leather in a second. The truth is humans are kind of meant to eat meat, and one byproduct of cows is leather, so we might as well use it. My friend even has an Ostrich leather wallet, it is seriously cool. 

I love the turn this thread took within the first three pages. Recipes, pictures of delicious meals...though I do feel for the OP. His message was definitely lost.

Think about this, wasting an animal is pointless. So if we're going to kill it for meat, at least make a nice chair out of it to sit on while you're devouring its delicious carcass.

Exactly this.

Though I do wonder how good the quality of the leather is from most mass slaughtered animals.

Definitely won't see that going into a Bentley..

Well if it makes you feel better, I'm a passive vegetarian. I chose not to eat meat but if you want to have your steak go ahead, just don't shove it down my throat. Sorta like that with Religion and Politics too. I couldn't care less about what you do and do not do. 

Do you bring up the fact that you're a vegetarian to people often?
I'd think that'd sort of counter the passive bit.

Not saying that as a slight, just a question.

:)

I'm a human being, I eat meat as well as veggies, seeing meat prepared naturally makes me hungry *shrugs*

Meh, she was annoying as hell anyways with stuff like that. She eventually went back to eating meat after she realized vegetarianism is more unhealthy than a well rounded diet of meat and veg.

If done properly you can be perfectly healthy on a meat free diet. Hell you can get quite fat on a meat free diet.

It just takes a little more time, and a lot more research.

I bought a vegetarian cook book that explains what flavors work with what. It'll be an interesting read.

I'm sitting on a giant leather lazyboy right now. Would it be as comfortable if it weren't leather? I doubt it. I'm sure it wouldn't, in fact.

Why do vegetarians and vegans and their kin insist on trying to bring everybody else in the world into their little cult? Do I come to your house and force feed you steak and chicken and pork chops? No. Why are you telling me not to eat meat, or not to sit on my leather chair? I have 4 leather bar stools too. Does that make me a bad person? I have had leather jackets in the past. My shoes are leather. I have a leather wallet. So what? Let me live my life!

Are you sure your LazyBoy is actually leather? Most of their stuff isn't.

yeah, better to throw away that guilt-ridden leather at the meat factories. better yet, lets solve world hunger by decreasing our food options and going vegan so we don't have to decide whether to use the leather or not. smart thinking right?

I remember reading somewhere that if we turned the cattle grazing areas into crops, it would feed many, many more people than the meat would.
I completely agree with what you're saying, but I don't think it'd decrease the options that much. It'd just be a different option.

Sort of like electric cars. Great idea. But what are we going to do when there's that huge, huge draw on the power grid?
California already can't manage...

Meat industry is one of the biggest polluters around, even bigger than cars, and it has already been established that on average vegetarians live 10 years longer.

I think that is because of other means. They're usually into healthier life styles.

I don't see the huge plus in adding years on to the end of ones life, when the quality of life is often diminished anyway.

You need to come to Scotland and have Black Puddding.  Its made with Pigs Blood.

That sounds so gross. Yet I've had a Filipino dish made with pigs blood as well, it wasn't as horrid as I imagined it.

I'll likely never eat it again though.

I'll have to second this. I bought a pair of fake leather car seats. Took about three months before the top layer of the leather was coming apart. (Compared to the actual leather seats in my old 190E that were still alright after 22 years)

I have converted to vegetarianism once because of a gf... THE SOY AND TOFU STUFF IS ALL LIES!.. It doesn't taste like what it's supposedly immitating

Tofu takes on the flavor of whatever spices you add. So it depends a lot on the quality of the cook.

I don't mind deep fried tofu. It's not so much the taste that bothers me, it's the texture. And unfortunately that's not something you can really change all that easily.

I can confirm this. I'm a vegetarian lol.

Umm different people different tastes but its really not that bad. I can make a delicious "fake" hamburger. 

One day. We will sit and eat this delicious fake burger.

Is the recipe secret?

Yeah I had that problem with the girl that tried to convert me, she showed me some peta video of animals being cut into various cuts of meat and the only thing I could say way "this just makes me want a hamburger" lol. She broke up with me but at least I didn't have to listen to her snide comments every time I got a hamburger at the food court in the mall.

*mind nuke activated* it does. Along with ground veal, ground pork, ground filet mignon, worcestershire sauce, grey poupon, parmesian cheese, salt, pepper, and finely chopped onions. It's like sex for your mouth.

You've mentioned this recipe before, and I forgot to write it down. Not making that mistake this time. Definitely going to try it out this up coming summer. Can't wait!

What amounts of each ingredient do you use?

You live in Texas and have never had meat before...? Go to Famous Dave's and order this:

l.jpg

I'll pay you $5 if you can beat me and eat the entire thing and more. :P

That's the second time in as many days you've shown a food item that I absolutely must try...and always when I'm hungriest.

I wish Texas wasn't so far away.

As a confirmed super taster, I highly disagree with that statement (some people have a higher density of taste buds per square inch on their tongue, the medical term is "super taster" and I happen to be one of them, confirmed by a dentist years ago), soy milk tastes like crap compared to good old fashioned whole milk. I can taste the differences between whole, 2%, 1%, organic, inorganic, skim, and fat free milk.

The weird thing is, organic whole milk always tastes oddly sweeter than "inorganic" whole milk.

It wasn't mercy, it was a need to feel superior to everyone else that was her problem.

I agree, I can taste the difference between the milks as well. I like 1% the most because it seems the most crisp. I can't stand anything Skim and below. I call it white water.

I love organic milk, I find it a lot nicer tasting. I can't, however, stand the milk in the US. It's nasty, and generally gives me a sore throat.

as a kid for some reason i got headaches from drinking milk and have not drank it in its liquid form for years

Were you drinking it too fast?
Brain freeze. It's a real issue.

If I was flaming earlier, I apologize, but I would point out that the OP was flaming as well, claiming that anyone who uses animal bi-products is a "psychopath". 

I eat meat, I love meat, if I could make my diet 100% meat and still be healthy I would. I use as much of the animal as I can, I buy soup bones from which to make broth and gravy as well as a snack for my dogs (they love those things) especially our new lab/mix puppy who is still teething after 8 months. I do attempt to hunt (have yet to see or kill anything >.<) but if/when I do get an animal, I plan on using every last bit of it that I can, I will make leather from it's skin, use it's bones for the above mentioned things (as well as making a knife if I can, bone knife = badass). I just hate the militant "your a psychopath" vegetarians. I'm not a psycho, I'm an animal hell bent on survival, and as far as I am concerned, every single other animal on the planet is fair game, however bad I may or may not feel about it. Even Les Stroud (survivorman) says the same thing "I hate to kill an animal, but in the game of survival, all creatures are fair game".

I'm definitely staying away from you if there's ever some kind of massive crisis event.

Well. Face to face. I may sneak around and steal supplies from your undoubtedly well stocked camp. ;)

I don't think the idea is to instantly convert people but to simply get the idea in their head. An idea planted is one that can grow. You have to look at it that way.

Don't plant the seed, you'll never bear fruit.

I've thought of trying out vegetarianism. I might make November meat free month. Mostly to challenge myself, and see if I can find enough recipes to keep me entertained.

Don't think of not converting people as a failure or you'll never be happy.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

One day. We will sit and eat this delicious fake burger.

Is the recipe secret?

Made the recipe myself, I don't really keep it a secret though. 

If asked I'd write it down but I'm not anal about how much sauce and whatnot to use, its usually a gut feeling. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Exactly this.

Though I do wonder how good the quality of the leather is from most mass slaughtered animals.

Definitely won't see that going into a Bentley..

That's the second time in as many days you've shown a food item that I absolutely must try...and always when I'm hungriest.

I wish Texas wasn't so far away.

Yeah the leather from mass slaughtered animals isn't the best because of the conditions from where they lived, but it's still more durable than fake leather.

:) I think it's like a 5-10 minute drive down the street to Famous Dave's.

Fake leather.

Fake leather!

I won't link you videos of what exactly needs to happen when Linus wants his real leather, so you won't accuse me of giving you PTSD and ruin your whole day. I actually cried when I saw that.

Linus, please stop promoting flaying of animals and brutal torture for no reason whatsoever.

Linus, please tell us you are not a psychopath.

P.S.

Now that I recall more, Linus has a habit of denouncing a variety of products that in some part don't result from animal torture.

For every animal you don't eat/wear I'll eat/wear two.