Anyone else use WASD as stupidly as I do? ;P

ManOfDisguise

While I find this behavior odd, I don't think you are alone on this one.  STAR_ said something along the lines of this in one of his videos but I don't remember which one.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

for me, surfing on cs is impossible no matter how fucking good a position i get my fingers in... i dont see how others do it :c

>implying finger placement is relevant at all

Bro it's just A and D... and scroll, the hard part is the mouse

>implying finger placement is relevant at all

Bro it's just A and D... and scroll, the hard part is the mouse

gee... thanks for the help bro -_-

if you were wondering, that was about as sarcastic as it gets bud.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I never use WASD it's so overrated!! Arrow keys all the way  :D

#DOOM/IIMasterRace? :P

Indeed, this was how I started out; in the Dooms and their ilk plus MMOs such as Subspace. It was only when the MMORPG era really came to fruition that I switched over to WASD and all keys in proximity.

Interestingly I have tried out devices such as the Razer Nostromo and the Belkin n52te but find that they reduce my ability level by roughly 60% Likewise a return to the arrow keys sees approximately a 40% reduction.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Indeed, this was how I started out; in the Dooms and their ilk plus MMOs such as Subspace. It was only when the MMORPG era really came to fruition that I switched over to WASD and all keys in proximity.

Interestingly I have tried out devices such as the Razer Nostromo and the Belkin n52te but find that they reduce my ability level by roughly 60% Likewise a return to the arrow keys sees approximately a 40% reduction.

I grew up on Arrows in DOOM/II, but it was during the Quake 3/UT2K3 era I relearnt to use WSAD instead of Arrows for Fore/Back/Left Strafe/Right Strafe whilst using Mouse for pan/scan left/right/up/down. It was mainly Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force (Quake 3 engine) that got me to move from Arrows to WSAD.

WQSE God Race reporting in.

Q and E to strafe, mouse to do proper directional movements. Also means my three fingers are on the same row.

I used to do this because of the low-profile of the apple keyboard I used, and my nail hurt because of it because you press with your nail and not your finger on A. I taught myself to do it the more comfortable way (which felt very weird at first), like most do and don't regret it.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3