Far Cry 4 pay for multiplayer?

Tie Lightning

Hi, welcome to the forums! You may want to actually explain your link in your post, even as much as "Hey guys, not true: see link for details" would suffice.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

So with the anticipated release of Far Cry 4 coming up, Ubisoft has slowly been releasing more and more about the game to the public. 

In the most recent update they outlined features that will be added to the game via season pass, one of the features being competitive multiplayer. The PvP game mode will be teams fighting for capture points throughout the Far Cry landscape.

But what is strange is that Ubisoft will only allow for competitive multiplayer if you purchase the season pass. While the standard game does have single player and co-op, the choice to leave competitive multiplayer out of the $60 version seems like a new idea that Ubisoft is employing in order to increase the amount of money that they are making on each game.

This will be very interesting to see in the future if game developers release their game with a $60 price tag, but then unlock features like multiplayer with a season pass in order to cover more of their costs.

Original Article (http://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-4-season-pass-offers-new-missions-and-pvp-mode/)

Hey, there has been new development on this. Can you please update your original post and Thread Title with the new info?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/far-cry-4s-multiplayer-mode-isnt-locked-behind-a-p/1100-6423123/

Turns out that Multiplayer is included with the base game, but a new bonus mode called "overrun" will be included in the DLC Season Pass.

Props to @Sined for posting this link to the forums.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Jesus is real

so is the crazy money in my room closet xD 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker