Far Cry 4 pay for multiplayer?

Tie Lightning

I honestly do not understand why they keep digging this hole of theirs. Its like, they want to screw their audience over and lose their faithfulness. Before all this started I was rather excited for FarCry 4 (I loved 2 and 3). I was also excited for the Division, but now they've lost me totally. I'm not sure what happened to this "we care about our community" bs. But, I doubt I'll be buying any Ubisoft game in the near future.

Desktop: Intel i7-4770k, 2 x AMD R9 290's, Gigabyte Z87X-D3H, 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM, Switch 810 Matte Black, Corsair RM1000, 250GB + 120GB OCZ SSD, 3TB Seagate. Custom watercooled with EK CPU & GPU blocks, XSPC 360 rad & pump top, D5 Vario pump, HW Labs Black ICE GTX 120 + 240 rads, Corsair SP120's + Noctua NF-F12's.

Home Server: Intel i5-4690, Gigabyte D85M-HD3, 8GB Corsair RAM, 60GB Corsair SSD, 3 x 4TB WD Red drives (RAID5), BitFenix Phenom (Midnight Black / mATX), Be Quiet L8 350w PSU.

Yes, it tells them in no uncertain terms that they've lost his sale. But they want it back. You damn well know they want it back. Why? Because Ubisoft (Like most companies) care about profit. A lost sale, individually, is no big deal, but if many people are following suit, then they will quickly change their game to win his sale back for their next game, or even for this game via a patch or a change of business practices.

Of course, you're right in that we should wait until the game is released, where all information can be confirmed as truth or false rumours.

Pre-orders are a huge thing. You should know that. Despite the "bad" practice of pre-ordering a game that you KNOW will come out anyway, millions of people (thousands at least) will pre-order them anyway.

If the guy's posting that he's done with Ubisoft forever, then assuming he can be taken at his word, then Ubisoft has no incentive left to give him what he wants. It won't matter, he's lost. If he's buying the "good" Ubisoft games but boycotting the bad ones, they know his mind will be changed if they change their behavior.

I am aware pre-orders are a "huge thing" to Ubisoft, but since we're talking about a pre-release boycott, we're talking about pre-orders. And I'm hoping anyone smart enough to end up on this forum would be smart enough to not have done such a thing in the first place.

whothehellcares.jpg

Serioulsy I doubt many people played the Far Cry 3 MP which was nothing special tbh. 

No offense but you're not smart. If they realise they can get away with it more companies will attempt it in the future. Use your head keyboard warrior.

so in other words, ubisoft just keeps on digging?

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

we let the companies anounce their game´s dlc at the same time as the release as if it was a grat new, then came the season passes, special edition, digital deluxe edition, ultraholywafer megadumped edition...

i have 300+ games on steam, things have changed a lot  in 10 years and in many cases not in buyers benefit.

EXAMPLE

ggBSmTx.jpg

"there says: add all dlc to cart"

ubisoft digging their own grave...

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

New favorite GIF, and the beauty part is I don't see it losing its relevance for a good long while.

Do you realise how great and sad that is at the same time  :unsure:

Do you realise how great and sad that is at the same time  :unsure:

I know, at least I don't own stock in ubisoft, nor am I a diehard either way on their franchises.

I honestly haven't played any of the Far Cry series, I don't spend money very eagerly and I don't think my PC would be able to do them justice.

Torrenting the game won't stop this. It will make it worse.

You sir, are part of the problem with the games industry. People have this entitlement complex that somehow tells them it's "OKAY" to pirate a bad game or a game with shitty business practices. Spoiler alert: It's not.

QFT. If people want to stop Dev's from doing stuff like this, they need to stop buying the games, and then DON'T PIRATE IT! A Boycott works by NOT using the product. If you are boycotting Redbull because you think they murder puppies, is it somehow suddenly okay to drink one if someone gives it to you for free, or if you stole it from the store? No! You corrupt your own moral stance and lose the moral high ground.

Yeah... or not? How about not playing the game? That will send a better message compared to pirating it. Pirating it says "This game is good enough to play, but I'm a cheap fucker!" - That might be the message you intend to send by pirating it, but it's the message that gets sent.

People pirate games for a number of reasons. In poor parts of the world, 2nd and 3rd world countries, etc, it's because they simply cannot afford the game. This is a valid reason, because if you earn $100 a month, and $60 goes to a game, well you're fucked.

However, anyone who lives in a industrialized country has NO RIGHT to pirate a game. If it's shitty? Don't play it. If you can't afford it? Too fucking bad - don't play it. Save your money and buy it on a Steam Sale. People who pirate games in a 1st world nation deserve no respect. They have no ethical reason to do so. It's not a distribution issue anymore. Games are far ahead of movies and TV where Steam is available worldwide for reasonable prices (To any 1st world country anyway).

QFT. Don't play the game. Don't pirate it. It sends a better message to Ubisoft.

QFT. Pirating a game like this will just tell them that they made a really fun game but some people are just cheap.

Agreed. If we as gamers want to show a unified front that will actually accomplish anything, then we must refrain from pirating the game. Vote with your wallet, but don't play the game after.

Nah sorry, ill still torrent it.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

But what is strange is that Ubisoft will only allow for competitive multiplayer if you purchase the season pass. While the standard game does have single player and co-op, the choice to leave competitive multiplayer out of the $60 version seems like a new idea that Ubisoft is employing in order to increase the amount of money that they are making on each game.

Actually there is a perfectly logical reason for this. The reason that people must buy the season pass is because they obviously plan to use some of the DLC maps in their competitive league. You can't have some teams not being able to play on certain maps if some members don't have that map. This could create an unfair advantage so all players must be on a level playing field.

This is assuming you get non competitive multiplayer for free.

(Sorry if someone already said this. I wasn't about to read four pages of rants to find out.)

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Torrenting the game won't stop this. It will make it worse.

You sir, are part of the problem with the games industry. People have this entitlement complex that somehow tells them it's "OKAY" to pirate a bad game or a game with shitty business practices. Spoiler alert: It's not.

No, ubisoft is the whole of the problem.

I have sworn to pirate any game that they make, to see if it is remotely good.

And after i see it is good, i still wont buy it.

They need to see no one is buying this BS, or they will keep upping the bs factor until someone shoots the ceo.

I'm not saying it's okay to pirate a bad game, i am saying it is NOT okay to shove bullshit pay to play features into a game i just dumped 60 bucks into.

100% not okay, and 100% do NOT deserve my money, and until ubisoft gets it together, they don't deserve as much as a capitol letter in their name.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

So.... Ubisoft is worse than EA now?

Edit: I wonder if it means "pvp mp mode" as in, a game mode, or the whole PVP system...

this is a surprise to you?

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

So.... Ubisoft is worse than EA now?

Edit: I wonder if it means "pvp mp mode" as in, a game mode, or the whole PVP system...

If you didn't have Ubisoft as being worse than EA yet you were way behind the game.  Ubisoft has been doing loads of shitty things for well over a year now and I had them as worse than EA a long time ago.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

No, ubisoft is the whole of the problem.

I have sworn to pirate any game that they make, to see if it is remotely good.

And after i see it is good, i still wont buy it.

They need to see no one is buying this BS, or they will keep upping the bs factor until someone shoots the ceo.

I'm not saying it's okay to pirate a bad game, i am saying it is NOT okay to shove bullshit pay to play features into a game i just dumped 60 bucks into.

100% not okay, and 100% do NOT deserve my money, and until ubisoft gets it together, they don't deserve as much as a capitol letter in their name.

I respect that this is your opinion, but frankly I think it's morally and ethically wrong for you to do so.

You two are not helping gamers. You're hurting us. You might get this little adrenaline rush from the big "FUCK YOU" of pirating their game, but it's literally doing more damage to your so called "cause" then it's helping.

Pirating Ubisoft games will not help us. It will not make them change their business practices. It will not help make them release content at a lower price. If anything, it'll drive the price up for those who do legitimately pay for it. It will "prove" to Ubisoft that people love their games, but that they need MOAR DRM! to help combat all this rampant piracy.

I'm sorry, but I truly believe you're harming the rest of us gamers who - if disenfranchised - will legitimately boycott Far Cry 4.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Do not buy ubisoft games, this is where me me our stand.

#Forthemasterrace!

Funny stuff you posted there.  I do agree though that people need to stop buying Ubisoft products if they want to make an impact on what Ubisoft does.  Now if you have to buy Ubisoft games because you really want to play them buy the console games used and buy the pc games when they are so discounted so Ubisoft hardly gets a penny.  You also could just rent the console games from a video store if there is still one open in your area.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Meh, Ubisoft is still not as bad as EA is - Charging you for nearly everything that you can - I hate games where you have to "pay to win"

You get all these rich ass people paying and winning and you can't do anything, ragequit and remove the damn game.

Gamer & PC Enthusiast

Gaming Community's TeamSpeak: ts.the-eux.uk

If I've helped you out, Click that "like" button to show me some love :)

If you didn't have Ubisoft as being worse than EA yet you were way behind the game.  Ubisoft has been doing loads of shitty things for well over a year now and I had them as worse than EA a long time ago.

this is a surprise to you?

Ubisoft beats EA (in terribleness)

Since forever.

Ubisoft has always been worse than EA.

-------------------------

Time to live the life of a pirate.

Ahh, for a awhile now. 

So many Quotes. :D

I have not played any Ubisoft game since... Far Cry 2 (6+ Years?). Their games are not interesting to me, as I am a social person who likes multiplayer alot. 

Was super excited for watchdogs.... but they never got my money for that, and I guess they won't get my money for FC4 either. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I respect that this is your opinion, but frankly I think it's morally and ethically wrong for you to do so.

You two are not helping gamers. You're hurting us. You might get this little adrenaline rush from the big "FUCK YOU" of pirating their game, but it's literally doing more damage to your so called "cause" then it's helping.

Pirating Ubisoft games will not help us. It will not make them change their business practices. It will not help make them release content at a lower price. If anything, it'll drive the price up for those who do legitimately pay for it. It will "prove" to Ubisoft that people love their games, but that they need MOAR DRM! to help combat all this rampant piracy.

I'm sorry, but I truly believe you're harming the rest of us gamers who - if disenfranchised - will legitimately boycott Far Cry 4.

You really do assume alot of things about me from "chalk up another torrent".

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

never buying a ubisoft game again. 

Windows 10 | AMD FX-8350 @4.6GHz | BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | 16Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866 | MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4Gb | Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb | Corsair HX750 | NZXT Source 530 case | Logitech G710+ keyboard | Logitech G500s mouse | Saitek X52 Joystick and Throttle | Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR

You really do assume alot of things about me from "chalk up another torrent".

Need I say more? You could have easily clarified some other stance in the quoted post. But instead, you straight up said you'd torrent it. So yeah... my comment had little to do with your original comment, but rather was more focused on your straight up admission of intention to torrent it.

So, you were saying?

If you think Torrenting is somehow morally justified, how about trying to counter my arguments with a rebuttal, rather then just using the "way to misinterpret me" cop-out. If that's not what you meant, then please do clarify your statement. Though I find it hard to "misunderstand" your second comment that I quoted here.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Need I say more? You could have easily clarified some other stance in the quoted post. But instead, you straight up said you'd torrent it. So yeah... my comment had little to do with your original comment, but rather was more focused on your straight up admission of intention to torrent it.

So, you were saying?

If you think Torrenting is somehow morally justified, how about trying to counter my arguments with a rebuttal, rather then just using the "way to misinterpret me" cop-out. If that's not what you meant, then please do clarify your statement. Though I find it hard to "misunderstand" your second comment that I quoted here.

The fuck is your malfunction? You rant about how pirating the game is morally wrong, its "not how we should boycott ubi" etc etc blah blah. I don't give a shit about that. I like MP but i can do without it, they decided they want me to buy a season pass etc for mp. So nope, instead on not buying a game i'll most likely enjoy. I'll torrent it, not pay a cent and make do without the MP.

Done deal.

The fuck is your malfunction? You rant about how pirating the game is morally wrong, its "not how we should boycott ubi" etc etc blah blah. I don't give a shit about that. I like MP but i can do without it, they decided they want me to buy a season pass etc for mp. So nope, instead on not buying a game i'll most likely enjoy. I'll torrent it, not pay a cent and make do without the MP.

Done deal.

Well at least you explained your views, rather then making short and vague statements, then acting all indignant when I commented on how your actions are hurting gamers.

My "malfunction" as you put it, is constantly seeing people bitch about how terrible games are, and how we shouldn't buy them, and then they go out and pirate the game. That's not how boycotting works. Entitlement attitude. I certainly can see that you don't give a shit about that kind of stuff. You want to enjoy a game without paying for it. You don't see the problem with that? If it's not worth your money, then refrain from playing it. Simple to me.

That's my personal opinion on the subject matter at any case.