The Crew May Get 60 FPS After all

OfficialJsP

Ubisoft has copped a lot of flack lately regarding performance and frame rate issues. Watch Dogs caused an uproar, Assassin's Creed: Unity's parity between consoles has people furious, and many who took part in The Crew's beta were frustrated that the racer was locked at 30 frames per second. Everyone is very angry about this.

It looks like Ubisoft is trying its best to support 60 frames per second on PC, according to a recent TechRadar interview with Lead designer Serkan Hassan. "Ultimately the performance and the frame rate will be down to the players hardware," he said.

"A few people in the closed beta found ways of unlocking the frame rate. My understanding at this moment is that we'll be allowing players to do that come the full version as well, unless some other issue comes to light which would block that in any way."

It follows comments made by Assassin's Creed world designer Nicolas Guérin that the industry is dropping 60fps as a standard, specifically for action adventure games. Creative Director Alex Amancio told TechRadar that while 30 is a goal for Assassin's Creed and games of its ilk, 60 frames per second is ideal for a shooter. So it's no surprise that Rainbow Six: Siege has been confirmed to run at 60fps on all platforms.

Well at least Ubisoft are trying to do some good but personally i still don't see why they where originally going to have it locked to 30 FPS it blows my mind 

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-crew-for-pc-may-get-an-official-60fps-option-says-ubisoft/

The CoC says that  you need your personal opinion, not just a copypasta.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

and it also says something bout backseat modding doesn't it? ;) but we're all kind of guilty of that aren't we ^^

He does say "still editing" so I'd give him some time before judging...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

and it also says something bout backseat modding doesn't it? ;) but we're all kind of guilty of that aren't we ^^

He does say "still editing" so I'd give him some time before judging...

Well, at the time I saw it, it didn't say that till i clicked quote.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

since when? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

since when? 

since you left, bby.

actually, i meant the post guidelines.

Must have some original input along with the news story from the member on why it is news to them and/or the forum!

Your post cannot simply be a link to another news source - see point 1!
When quoting or copying content into your post from the original, you must make it very clear that you are doing so with the use of quotations, for example, or some other means.
As previously mentioned, failure to follow these simple guideline can result in your post being deleted without warning.

so here is what i see when i read "unless some other issue comes to light which would block that in any way", we will let it happen unless microsoft comes up and forces us to cap it at 30FPS. but hey native resolution atleast (for now)

Thank you, Ubisoft, for attempting to SUPPORT 60fps.  

Unbelievable

Satan's buttcrack 4790K - MSI mpower ultramaxextreme AC - 16gb G.skillz Trident 2400 - ZLoLtac GTX 980  - Corsair H110 Overkill - Oculus Rift DK2 - Asus vg248qe7the144hzone

We have dreams, Harold

:lol:

If anyone else doesn't get it, I believe he is refernecing the ASDF videos and one part of the videos has this segment;

I'm personally not buying any games that are locked or downgraded due to console peasants. The only exception to this will be Metal Gear solid. 

60FPS or Ubisoft.

Pick one, you can't have both.

more like 

cheap

60FPS      1080p

pick two

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

But we've had 60 FPS games for how many years now? And now shortly after the release of the "next-gen" consoles (now with 30% more gen) we get lame excuses for why the game is locked at framerate X and that it is so much more cinematic... Why cant we get the framerate we want? What is holding us back? This game might (!!!) have 60 FPS after all but what will hapen in lets say 3 years? We will have the GTX 1280 that COULD run game X at 120 or even 144 FPS but it CANT, because the damn game is locked at 30.

/r

Well at least Ubisoft are trying to do some good but personally i still don't see why they where originally going to have it locked to 30 FPS it blows my mind 

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-crew-for-pc-may-get-an-official-60fps-option-says-ubisoft/

60fps was confirmed months ago the 30fps was only for the beta they said that several times people have to stop making stuff up only because they're mad about Ubisoft.

Same with AC Unity nothing about the PC version is confirmed and people come to conclusion that it's 30fps locked and resolution locked.

RTX2070OC 

60fps was confirmed months ago the 30fps was only for the beta they said that several times people have to stop making stuff up only because they're mad about Ubisoft.

Same with AC Unity nothing about the PC version is confirmed and people come to conclusion that it's 30fps locked and resolution locked.

When you get NFS and Dead Rising style messages that "it can be unlocked but we don't know what's gonna happen" it's obvious that the game is developed strictly with power-limited consoles in mind, and in a very cheap way.

Well looks like I'll still have trouble giving away the free ubisoft games that come bundled with gfx cards.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

This is nice, but hard to choose when World of Speed is based on how much horse power you have on your GPU. The bigger the gpu the better graphics + fps. Both looks cool tho.

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

When you get NFS and Dead Rising style messages that "it can be unlocked but we don't know what's gonna happen" it's obvious that the game is developed strictly with power-limited consoles in mind, and in a very cheap way.

But that isn't the case here.

Ubisoft has said nothing about a locked frame rate neither for The Crew nor AC Unity.

And they said months ago that only The Crew BETA is locked and that the full game will have an unlocked frame rate which is also obvious because they have a frame rate option in the graphics settings.

RTX2070OC 

"A few people in the closed beta found ways of unlocking the frame rate. My understanding at this moment is that we'll be allowing players to do that come the full version as well, unless some other issue comes to light which would block that in any way."

"Unless of course we get word from sony and microshit to prevent this so as to not make consoles look like giant pieces of shit"

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

But that isn't the case here.

Ubisoft has said nothing about a locked frame rate neither for The Crew nor AC Unity.

And they said months ago that only The Crew BETA is locked and that the full game will have an unlocked frame rate which is also obvious because they have a frame rate option in the graphics settings.

They said they're aiming to offer the option 60 FPS, which tells more than enough.