Helix by Apex Rise makes headphones cry

Gala

On almost all headphones i tried this song on, they crack under the massive bass this song exports. Only on some high end Sony's and Sennheisers it handles it well. How do your headphones deal with it?

Please try it and report back, im curious :D

Song is here.

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

I have the bass cranked on my ATH-M50's and they don't seem to be having any issues. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I have the bass cranked on my ATH-M50's and they don't seem to be having any issues. 

I didn't have the oppurtunity to try the ATH-M50's. I guess their price approves. :)

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

On almost all headphones i tried this song on, they crack under the massive bass this song exports. Only on some high end Sony's and Sennheisers it handles it well. How do your headphones deal with it?

Song is here.

Ummm, define 'crack'. Do you mean the bass got distorted? Or physical crackling sounds from the cups? Or? Should I mess with the EQ beforehand, or just play it flat?

Anyhow, tested on my el cheapo Clarion DJ headphone, turn up to the max (head banging on the inside, the cups literally rumbles on my face), no distortions that I can hear of.

Will try with my main headphone when I get to the office later. My main headphone is there.

Ummm, define 'crack'. Do you mean the bass got distorted? Or physical crackling sounds from the cups? Or? Should I mess with the EQ beforehand, or just play it flat?

Anyhow, tested on my el cheapo Clarion DJ headphone, turn up to the max (head banging on the inside, the cups literally rumbles on my face), no distortions that I can hear of.

Will try with my main headphone when I get to the office later. My main headphone is there.

Disorted base.

Song is here.

Sounds fine on my HE400 headphones, then again you'd expect planar magnetics to deal with bass better than most

$15 NuForce NE-600X is doing just fine....  :huh:

There is a crackle noise mixed in to the music - you sure your devices are clipping and not simply having difficulty reproducing treble cleanly?

Disorted base.

Bass? Like I said, my el cheapo Clarion DJ seems doing it well, no distorted bass, not that I can hear. 

Listening to it now with my main headphone, the HE400, and as stated by orange above, also no distorted bass detected. Turned the volume all the way up (starting to have a headache now). HE400 seems got louder low frequencies (compared to my el cheapo clarion I tried last night), but that's more to do with frequency response.

The replies got me thinking though (seems like nobody else got distorted sounds), are all the headphones you tried with this song plugged to the same source? If that's the case, maybe the problem lies in your source device? 

My Audio Technica ATH-M20x deals with it all good. Too late to try with my speakers, will have to check tomorrow!

Is it just me or does this song punch harder? It gives me one hell of a punch on my MP3 player, yes I use an MP3 player for my music when I'm on the go. ;)

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

Compress it eight times mate, wasn't that impressive....

Turn it up to 11. Loudest song on Youtube.

On my LCD-2's it sounds fine, bass is hitting hard and rumbling, no distortion.  Although that freaking noise is ANNOYING lol. (The weird crackling thing that's part of the music)

Even with my amp at max volume pumping like 4 watts in, still no distortion, although it's unlistenable from the volume lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

No problems with Sony ZX600.

Though my Sony 2.1 System was shaking the room.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

My Audio Technica ATH-M20x deals with it all good. Too late to try with my speakers, will have to check tomorrow!

Is it just me or does this song punch harder? It gives me one hell of a punch on my MP3 player, yes I use an MP3 player for my music when I'm on the go. ;)

Oh! Asa! I love Sorrow also!

I've clicked it once before, and once was enough.

Actually I think they fixed it. I remember it being louder.... this disappoints me.

The begenning of this song really throws my headphones for a loop. (They almost fly off my head)

Though, cheaper headphones can't go this low.

Actually I think they fixed it. I remember it being louder.... this disappoints me.

I vaguely remember hearing this song... probably from you guys. I also vaguely recall some protocol in 32bit tracks that allows for the volume to go ABOVE the 0db scale. Not sure how that works.

The begenning of this song really throws my headphones for a loop. (They almost fly off my head)

Though, cheaper headphones can go this low.

What headphones are you using?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

I vaguely remember hearing this song... probably from you guys. I also vaguely recall some protocol in 32bit tracks that allows for the volume to go ABOVE the 0db scale. Not sure how that works.

What headphones are you using?

Sony ZX600. They were the flagship ZX series. Discontinued last year.

I also meant "Can't"

Sony ZX600. They were the flagship ZX series. Discontinued last year.

I also meant "Can't"

I see. My brother's "friend" owns that specific headphone, all white. I took it to try it out one day. In all-white, it's far cheaper than the Beats despite having that Beats-esque look.

Now Soundcloud is playing me random tracks from the artist you linked. What is this genre called?

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Though, cheaper headphones can't go this low.

Okay, I got a bit of distortion-like sounds whenever the kicks come in, in this song, like a power drain, or my amp's struggling (yeah hard to describe). It's like whenever there's a kick, any other sounds/frequencies are gone (in milliseconds timeframe). Can anyone confirm if it's really my setup that's struggling, or it's just the song that's meant to be that way?

Okay, I got a bit of distortion-like sounds whenever the kicks come in, in this song, like a power drain, or my amp's struggling (yeah hard to describe). It's like whenever there's a kick, any other sounds/frequencies are gone (in milliseconds timeframe). Can anyone confirm if it's really my setup that's struggling, or it's just the song that's meant to be that way?

I didn't notice problems on my setup.

Can you gimmie a timestamp so I know exactly where you're hearing the problem?