Ipad Mini Retina vs Nexus 2?

Hikaru12
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

The 2013 edition unless there is a newer version that came out this year that I wasn't aware of. The 2 is to distinguish it drom the original that came out a few years ago.

Don't get the 2013 edition, it's about to get succeeded by the Nexus 9.

Check out the new Asus Memo Pad 7, the ME176CX

I'm looking for a new tablet to replace my recently sold Ipad 2. I'm not interested in anything fancy. Just something to browse the web, go on Netflix, and Skype. Ipad has similar specs to the Nexus but is a bit more expensive. Considering I don't plan many games and I'm not looking for a huge app library would it be a smarter choice to go for the Nexus? Skype and the mic woukd be the most important feature to me as I plan to do a fair amount of video calls with it.

do you mean the nexus 7 2014 edition or did I miss the nexus 2?

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

I'm looking for a new tablet to replace my recently sold Ipad 2. I'm not interested in anything fancy. Just something to browse the web, go on Netflix, and Skype. Ipad has similar specs to the Nexus but is a bit more expensive. Considering I don't plan many games and I'm not looking for a huge app library would it be a smarter choice to go for the Nexus? Skype and the mic woukd be the most important feature to me as I plan to do a fair amount of video calls with it.

Wait for Nexus 9 that's coming soon or get EVGA Tegra Note 7

"Rawr XD"

iPad Mini, just because apps like Skype and Netflix are just more optimized for iOS. Also, it looks 10193708172409 times better

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

do you mean the nexus 7 2013 edition or did I miss the nexus 2?

Nexus 2 got a 20k, 2 inch Display.kappa.png

~○Straw

Nexus 2 got a 20k, 2 inch Display.kappa.png

~○Straw

Why did I just google Nexus 2? I should start to read a bit more correctly.

nexus 10-2? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Anyways,

If you want to watch movies on your Tablet do not get an iPad. The 3:4 ratio is killing you if you want to watch Netflix because the 8inch screen looks like a 7 inch screen and the black bars on the top and the bottom really distract from the movie that you want to watch.

If you have to ask questions like this you should be buying Android devices exclusively. The iPad Mini Retina was not made for people that put it on the same level as Android devices. It competes in a different market.

The 2013 edition unless there is a newer version that came out this year that I wasn't aware of. The 2 is to distinguish it drom the original that came out a few years ago.

Still the nexus 7

If you have to ask questions like this you should be buying Android devices exclusively. The iPad Mini Retina was not made for people that put it on the same level as Android devices. It competes in a different market.

What do you mean by that? I understand they have different markets and different customization. I'm a Android fan but I need a solid device that will be able to do the above functions great especially video calls. Since the Nexus and iPad both use a 1.2 camera with the iPad better for lowlight conditions that's the only thing I was mainly concerned with.

What do you mean by that? I understand they have different markets and different customization. I'm a Android fan but I need a solid device that will be able to do the above functions great especially video calls. Since the Nexus and iPad both use a 1.2 camera with the iPad better for lowlight conditions that's the only thing I was mainly concerned with.

I mean that if you aren't already enamored with Apple products then the iPad won't change that so don't kid yourself.

Don't get the 2013 edition, it's about to get succeeded by the Nexus 9.

Check out the new Asus Memo Pad 7, the ME176CX

"Rawr XD"

I'll be waiting for the Nexus 9 and the forthcoming reviews. It seems like Android is the way to go for a tablet. I especially like the ability to custom ROM and download emulators (although I'm not buying it for that). Thanks everyone.