What to do with 30 old PCs

Mojo-Jojo
Go to solution Solved by Mojo-Jojo,

Thanks for all your ideas guys, the option I saw quite often was sell or donate so that's what's gonna happen :D

I'm gonna help him do some maintenance (undust, combine good parts for a better PC, etc) so they're good again for donation/sale (depends on whether we can find a place to donate them to)

You should get someone that mods casses to practice on them, for like cool designs and custom cut outs :ph34r:

That's a really good idea, if we have spare PC's left with bad parts or anything, I'll see if I can find someone that could use a spare case to practice on.

print alienware emblems paste them on add some leds sell as high-end ultra good gaming PCs for MLG-certified users only and $$$$$$$$$

this  :P

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Take those to a refinery and have it melted down to recover the previous metals esp. gold.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

keychains and target practice.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

wow, that's alot of computer

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

I would use 1 and give it to my little sister, so she can ascend to the PCMasterRace.

you could sell them for $50 each on ebay

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

id have one to mess around with xD but no, give em to someone that cant afford one

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

If they still work, clean them up, install basic stuff and donate to people/institutions who might have a good use to it.

Many people don't have access to computers, poor and caring children too.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Create your own already outdated supercomputer ! :D

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

Got myself 5 of these machines. The problem was...they where older than expected! AGP and DDR1 FTW! Yeah.....  Get all the sound cards, network cards, and HDDs, and use them as spare parts for other people in need. Oh and you coulkd use 60 fans (more or less) for the hot summers.

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

lol i'll buy one from you and use it convert it to a NAS

Windows 10 | AMD FX-8350 @4.6GHz | BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 | 16Gb G.Skill DDR3 1866 | MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4Gb | Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb | Corsair HX750 | NZXT Source 530 case | Logitech G710+ keyboard | Logitech G500s mouse | Saitek X52 Joystick and Throttle | Saitek ProFlight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR

My uncle works wherever he can and often runs into stuff that noone needs anymore.

For example a couple years ago he got an old limousine that he patched up.

Well, now he has 30 HP PCs (He says they're Pentium 4 PCs, but I'll see when they get here. Pentium 4 is the only processor name he knows so he might just think it's a brand.) and since I'm the "Family Computer Guy" he asked me if I wanted them.

Of course I have some ideas for one or two of them, and they're great for scrap parts for an engineer, but I was wondering if any of you had any crazy ideas  :D

I am dead serious when I ask this would it be possible to let me have one I like tinkering around with them

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Fold with them and then dont pay a gas bill for heating.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Where in Arnhem do you live? I might want one to tinker with.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Make a NAS, or mail server, or router, or just muck around with them

How would one go about, hypothetically, setting all 30 of them up to fold or mine? Hypothetically.

Thanks for all your ideas guys, the option I saw quite often was sell or donate so that's what's gonna happen :D

I'm gonna help him do some maintenance (undust, combine good parts for a better PC, etc) so they're good again for donation/sale (depends on whether we can find a place to donate them to)

You should get someone that mods casses to practice on them, for like cool designs and custom cut outs :ph34r:

That's a really good idea, if we have spare PC's left with bad parts or anything, I'll see if I can find someone that could use a spare case to practice on.

Make a PTP VPN for the forum that doesn't actually have internet acsess, So people play LAN games together ,hopefully no one on the forum goes and hacks someone elses computer

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China