Would you ever pay a premium for a pair of shoes or clothing

theloveablemoose

Some limited edition or hard to come by shoes are extremely expensive with most doubling the RRP but not from an actual retail store but from a third party seller such as eBay.

For instance the Nike x Comme des Garcons Blazers in my pic go for £200 and honestly i would pay that price if i could :'( but i was wondering if other people had the same approach as to where something they really want is in limited production and has been given a ludicrous price tag but they end up paying the extra anyway.

The Supra TK Blue Crackles are, in my opinion, very nice. But at a price premium.

Would I buy them? Probably not, but they are eye candy.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I have a few pairs of Buckle jeans that were ~$80 a piece...

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

The Supra TK Blue Crackles are, in my opinion, very nice. But at a price premium.

Would I buy them? Probably not, but they are eye candy.

Google image search reveals Justin bieber wearing them instant price drop lel.

Then again would a person go and buy a $500 gpu?

Yes we probably would because we are into tech stuff and want our games to run well. Some other person may not be interested in computer and would rather buy a $200 pair of shoes. Just depends on your interests.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

I sold a 150$ Lego set for 250$ after it retired

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I buy shoes once every 2 years, I pay the money they are worth. For clothes, i don't really care. I pay for what is written on the t-shirt ... Gamers don't die, they respawn. For exemple :D !

I have a few pairs of Buckle jeans that were ~$80 a piece...

That's not too bad IMO jeans are something that last a while and can easily replaced as there are rarely limited edition jeans or for that matter none that i've heard of but shoes are something that can be ruined in a moment and some are limited making it extremely hard to find a replacement.

Yes we probably would because we are into tech stuff and want our games to run well. Some other person may not be interested in computer and would rather buy a $200 pair of shoes. Just depends on your interests.

This is an accurate depiction. If I told anyone I was planning to buy a 500$ GPU (or think of the high-end Intel CPUs) $1000 CPU i'd be told I was an idiot because "i could get a computer for cheaper". Just like how you could go down to any old retailer and buy a cheap pair of shoes too. It's perceived value and that's what they play at.

the difference is that you can see where the cost goes for a gpu, (unlike a special different colour version of shoes for twice the price) but yes i will pay premium for clothes and stuff if i like it and its not too high,

I find myself veering away from spending money on tech and spending it on other things which isn't that bad honestly.

I sold a 150$ Lego set for 250$ after it retired

Would it not have been worth more if you had waited?

I buy shoes once every 2 years, I pay the money they are worth. For clothes, i don't really care. I pay for what is written on the t-shirt ... Gamers don't die, they respawn. For exemple :D !

Pretty top notch T-shirt i have to admit... Just realised i literally own no gaming merchandise may have to remedy that.

the difference is that you can see where the cost goes for a gpu, (unlike a special different colour version of shoes for twice the price) but yes i will pay premium for clothes and stuff if i like it and its not too high,

Most people wont see the value in a GPU whereas an expensive pair of shoes is a different story.

This is an accurate depiction. If I told anyone I was planning to buy a 500$ GPU (or think of the high-end Intel CPUs) $1000 CPU i'd be told I was an idiot because "i could get a computer for cheaper". Just like how you could go down to any old retailer and buy a cheap pair of shoes too. It's perceived value and that's what they play at.

Dat percieved value is what gets you da bishes amiright.

I find myself veering away from spending money on tech and spending it on other things which isn't that bad honestly.

Would it not have been worth more if you had waited?

Pretty top notch T-shirt i have to admit... Just realised i literally own no gaming merchandise may have to remedy that.

Nope worth the same now

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I like nice clothing but i dont care enough to buy "limited" edition stuff

I might buy a watch that is limited edition but beside that I dont see myself going out and serching for a specific pair of shoes etc

if i want a pair of shoes and they feel good I'll buy then

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Most people wont see the value in a GPU whereas an expensive pair of shoes is a different story.

what i mean is essentially you can see why a gpu costs more in terms of R+D and production cost, eg the reason a gold watch costs more then a silver one. how ever with clothing its more of a silver watch being more expensive then another silver watch, (im assuming that the quality of clothing is the same)

No, who cares what type of clothes you have as long as they don't smell bad or are torn to shreds.

What is this thing you call "clothing"? I've never used such a thing in my life O_o

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I am not sure if this counts, but I usually got shoes from Adidas or Nike for like 40 to 50 Euros. Now I got shoes 2 time in a row which cost over a 100 Euros and I couldn't be happier. They last like 4 times longer than the 50 Euro shoes. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

When i shop alone i dont care about brand, just what works.... now when i shop with my girlfriend.... my wallet cries.  :(  :(  :(  :(  so i guess your question really depends on the situation

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

what i mean is essentially you can see why a gpu costs more in terms of R+D and production cost, eg the reason a gold watch costs more then a silver one. how ever with clothing its more of a silver watch being more expensive then another silver watch, (im assuming that the quality of clothing is the same)

Thinking tech-wise, Look at the markups the Manufactures put up on all their products, If a 780Ti Kingpin was worth the $700~ it launched at, how can they sell it for half of that now. The price of parts is a fraction of the cost, advertising and profit is most of the price. This is true for clothing too of course. 

You can't really say the extra few cuda cores are worth the $250 difference between the 970 and 980.

I understand what you're saying what i meant was even though all that money has been spent to produce the item in question CPU,GPU, SSD etc the value will never be perceived for instance if you went to a group of people and told them you bought a new £300 GPU 80% of the time the response would be "whats that" followed by "you're an idiot" whereas if you were to say i just coped some limited edition shoes they'd respond differently. Understandably you cant compare GPUs to shoes as everyone knows what shoes are but you get ma point right?

When i shop alone i dont care about brand, just what works.... now when i shop with my girlfriend.... my wallet cries.  :(  :(  :(  :(  so i guess your question really depends on the situation

Now I ain't saying she a gold digger.

jk i'm sure shes an upstanding person.

If I like it and it happens to be expensive then it really depends on how much I like it.