Would you ever pay a premium for a pair of shoes or clothing

theloveablemoose

With the exception of shoes, I won't pay more than $20 for something unless it's something like a WAN t-shirt kinda thing, something to help the little guy. (Some pun intended)

Shoes I spend more, as I fully expect to wear them daily for several years. But I pay more for quality, not aesthetics and a fancy name.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

No, who cares what type of clothes you have as long as they don't smell bad or are torn to shreds.

Look around you well not where your PC is more so in a local mall or what have you brand is quite important.

What is this thing you call "clothing"? I've never used such a thing in my life O_o

It's hard to explain may have to make an eli5 thread on the ole reddits

I am not sure if this counts, but I usually got shoes from Adidas or Nike for like 40 to 50 Euros. Now I got shoes 2 time in a row which cost over a 100 Euros and I couldn't be happier. They last like 4 times longer than the 50 Euro shoes. 

I pretty much exclusively shop at a local store called burton it costs more then outlets and such but i would choose them over most retailers just because i know the quality and the fitting is going to be top notch.

Don't every buy shoes, I buy boots, I buy cheap clothes because they will get dirty anyways with working. But my premium clothes would be from Epic pants and Linus's store

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

With the exception of shoes, I won't pay more than $20 for something unless it's something like a WAN t-shirt kinda thing, something to help the little guy. (Some pun intended)

Shoes I spend more, as I fully expect to wear them daily for several years. But I pay more for quality, not aesthetics and a fancy name.

So you're saying you'd pay extra for a t-shirt made by a youtuber you follow *nudge nudge*

If I like it and it happens to be expensive then it really depends on how much I like it.

An amicable response.

Don't every buy shoes, I buy boots, I buy cheap clothes because they will get dirty anyways with working. But my premium clothes would be from Epic pants and Linus's store

Epic pants? I must see this epic pants.

Look around you well not where your PC is more so in a local mall or what have you brand is quite important.

Not really.....

I purchased these jeans:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/No-boundaries-Men-s-5-Pocket-Slim-Denim/35989880?action=product_interest&action_type=title&placement_id=irs_middle&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=92677063755&category=0%3A5438%3A133197%3A593001&client_guid=9a4d4321-2e38-4ed2-a51a-cd0e139b1570&config_id=0&parent_item_id=38369585&guid=9b813a1f-08b9-448a-ba68-598db4c17d83&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&findingMethod=p13n

and people commented on them positevely and when someone bough designer jeans for 8x the price (that look the same), nobody really said anything....

Although I do pay a premium for t-shirts for TV shows I watch. But that's just because I like the show.

http://www.amazon.com/Pollos-Hermanos-Breaking-Inspired-T-shirt/dp/B00BF2206E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1413076416&sr=8-2&keywords=breaking+bad+t+shirt

Lol no boundaries good name. But i agree some less expensive clothing does look better then some more expensive clothing. 

Now I ain't saying she a gold digger.

jk i'm sure shes an upstanding person.

Lmao she isn't like she never asks me for money or anything. 

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

My Iron Rangers were around $300, but that's not a premium over suggested retail price. Nicer shoes like Allen Edmonds are regularly more than that. I don't think I'd pay over retail, even if I really wanted an article of clothing. Most clothing is consumable in my mind, so I'd rather spend the money on something mechanical or electrical to tinker with.