Overheating Laptop, Are these temps safe?

Hi, it's been about 2 months since i bought this second hand Laptop and recenty started playing games such as COD Black Ops II, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3, Dragon Age Origins and stuff, no need to tell you i'm using the dedicated graphics for that, and the games are running very nice considering this is not a gaming lap, the bad thing is the TEMPS i'm reaching are very high,i think, so these are the specs of my Laptop and also the temps i'm reaching:

Samsung NP700Z4A-S02MX

Intel Core i5-2450m 2.50Ghz  Temps=right now: 60C°-65C°  During Gaming: 90C°-95C°

Radeon Hd 6750m 1Gb GDDR5 dedicated graphics  Temps (Speccy doesn't give me any temps now, but i remember it was about 75C°- 80's, while gaming)

8Gb DDR3

500Gb HDD Temp= current 32C°  Gaming: about 50C°

I'm not sure if this is too high or if it's ok since it's a 2nd Gen Processor, anyway it hasn't turned off or had any error so far but i'm wandering what could be wrong and if this trouble could be solved by getting a cooling base, and if so, could you recommend me any good cooling fof this frying pan?

Don't get mad, get even...

That is kinda high since the T junction is at 100c, that's very close.
Source: http://ark.intel.com/products/53452/Intel-Core-i5-2450M-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz

What you can do, since it's second hand, is to replace all the thermal paste and do a cleaning. Get a good thermal paste and replace it yourself or get a service center/shop to replace it for you. Also, getting a GOOD cooling pad would help, if you plan buying one of those 10-15e cooling pads, just skip it, they are not worth it.

What i would recommend is finding a good disassembly guide and replacing the thermal paste of GPU and CPU. Let a friend help you and make track of what goes where, you can also do the disassembly guide backwards for the re-assembly. This is what helped a friend of mine, not with the temps but with thermal throtteling.

who cares...

That is kinda high since the T junction is at 100c, that's very close.

Source: http://ark.intel.com/products/53452/Intel-Core-i5-2450M-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz

What you can do, since it's second hand, is to replace all the thermal paste and do a cleaning. Get a good thermal paste and replace it yourself or get a service center/shop to replace it for you. Also, getting a GOOD cooling pad would help, if you plan buying one of those 10-15e cooling pads, just skip it, they are not worth it.

What i would recommend is finding a good disassembly guide and replacing the thermal past of GPU and CPU. Let a friend help you and make track of what goes where, you can also do the disassembly guide backwards for the re-assembly. This is what helped a friend of mine, not with the temps but with thermal throtteling.

Yeah, i'm pretty sure it might be full of dust but lost my lil' screwdrivers recently, anyway i'm getting that thermal paste quick, 'cause i didn't know the dying point was that close..... :wacko:

What i would recommend is finding a good disassembly guide and replacing the thermal past of GPU and CPU. Let a friend help you and make track of what goes where, you can also do the disassembly guide backwards for the re-assembly. This is what helped a friend of mine, not with the temps but with thermal throtteling.

^

This.

Also, there is no shame in taking pictures with your phone of what goes where. Laptops have tons of flat cabels and tons of screws (sometimes over 30), so you can easily forget which one goes where if you don't stack them carefully and keep track. :)

Yeah, i'm pretty sure it might be full of dust but lost my lil' screwdrivers recently, anyway i'm getting that thermal paste quick, 'cause i didn't know the dying point was that close..... :wacko:

Don't worry, T junction stands for throttle junction, it means that when you CPU hits 100c, it's going to start lowering the clock of the cores to keep itself cooler so it doesn't die (fry) itself. It is a sort of last stand mechanism to protect itself. It should never hit that junction or even come close in normal scenarios, but in case it does it will down clock itself which will equal lower FPS by a lot, stuttering etc. Just change the paste and clean it out, that should drop the temps by a lot! :)

How old is the laptop though?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

^

This.

Also, there is no shame in taking pictures with your phone of what goes where. Laptops have tons of flat cabels and tons of screws (sometimes over 30), so you can easily forget which one goes where if you don't stack them carefully and keep track. :)

I layed down a piece of paper and put all the screws of one step of the disassembly guide on one spot, wrote the number of the step and kept track of the screws by that....... until the friend of mine decided to blow out the dust with a blow dryer..... Let's say, we got it back together, but more like an ikea furniture with lots of leftover screws... :D

Taking photos helped a lot with which cable went over the other and how the Motherboard was arranged etc.

who cares...

Safe? Probably. I imagine your CPU is throttling like a mofo though.

My FPS go down with COD BO II and Mirror's edge after about 1 hour of gaming, but still it has great gaming performance that's why i would hate to loose it.

How old is the laptop though?

It seems to be 2012 tech but a very high quality though, i bought it for $6000 Mx (400USD aprox)  and i've found it online for about $14,000 Mx (1000 USD)

I layed down a piece of paper and put all the screws of one step of the disassembly guide on one spot, wrote the number of the step and kept track of the screws by that....... until the friend of mine decided to blow out the dust with a blow dryer..... Let's say, we got it back together, but more like an ikea furniture with lots of leftover screws... :D

Taking photos helped a lot with which cable went over the other and how the Motherboard was arranged etc.

I'm a little bit clueless when disassemblying things, i usually  have one two screws that i couldn't figure out where to place; so be sure i'll take a lot of pics :) 

My FPS go down with COD BO II and Mirror's edge after about 1 hour of gaming, but still it has great gaming performance that's why i would hate to loose it.

It seems to be 2012 tech but a very high quality though, i bought it for $6000 Mx (400USD aprox)  and i've found it online for about $14,000 Mx (1000 USD)

I'm a little bit clueless when disassemblying things, i usually  have one two screws that i couldn't figure out where to place; so be sure i'll take a lot of pics :)

Well it shouldn't be too bad needing a thermal paste change, you could change it anyway though but also understand that a lot, if not all non-gaming laptops are not designed so well thermally, hell even some gaming laptops don't perform that well thermally

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

I'd say that's well above what it should be. Even the i7 quad in this MacBook Pro only ever hits 85c maximum and these things aren't exactly known for running cool. Give the laptop a good dusting out first and then perhaps consider reapplying thermal compound. 

It seems to be 2012 tech but a very high quality though, i bought it for $6000 Mx (400USD aprox) and i've found it online for about $14,000 Mx (1000 USD)

I'm a little bit clueless when disassemblying things, i usually have one two screws that i couldn't figure out where to place; so be sure i'll take a lot of pics :)

Get a friend, who is good at those things to help you. Thats why i helped my friend in the first place. :D

Also what ^seiny said.

who cares...