Are other CS games before GO worth to play?

-TesseracT-

1.6 and Source.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Been playing GO for a while.

cs:source

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Been playing GO for a while.

1.6 is great.  Source is alright, I mainly play it for surf maps.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

Oh man, you never played them? Sure, 1.6 is worth it and source is alright.

1.6 was worth it. I played it a shitload, but nowadays there aren't many good servers, so I've just stuck with go.

If you want a new experience, try looking for community servers that have special mods that alter the gameplay.

CS 1.6 is best for competitive gameplay.

If you fancy just playing for fun, then get Source.

Avoid Global Offensive all together, it's utter shite and the Overwatch system they've implemented is a joke. 

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Even I am playing GO like a shark, I play 1.6 time to time, for nostalgia

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Avoid Global Offensive all together, it's utter shite and the Overwatch system they've implemented is a joke 

what are you talking about?!!!! that's the most insane comment I heard today. Even if you think 1.6 is better than GO, Source is definitely not better than GO.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Avoid Global Offensive all together, it's utter shite and the Overwatch system they've implemented is a joke. 

The game itself is fine, but matchmaking and overwatch needs to be completely redone.

OP, cs:s surf is the most fun you'll ever have.  you've also got gungame, jailbreak, minigames, and deathrun.  fantastic game.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

what are you talking about?!!!! that's the most insane comment I heard today. Even if you think 1.6 is better than GO, Source is definitely not better than GO.

CS 1.6 is better than GO. Graphically, no. But everything else, yes. 

And for "casual" gaming, Source is best. 

I've put a few thousand hours into Counter Strike over the years mate.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Source looks fun

| CPU: Intel Core i3 4130 | GPU: PowerColor R9 270 | Motherboard: Asrock H81M-HDS | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 4GB |

|HDD: Western Digital 1TB | Case: NZXT Source 210 | PSU: Corsair CX430W | 

| Mic: Blue Snowball iCE | Mouse: Corsair K65 RGB | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma |

Mate, I understand what you're saying. I also have thousand of hours ok? Actually, going from GO to 1.6, I can still play correctly, but from GO to Source, I play like shit. GO is much more close to 1.6 (lately, with the tagging release) than Source. And you have a casual mode on GO.

Mate, I understand what you're saying. I also have thousand of hours ok? Actually, going from GO to 1.6, I can still play correctly, but from GO to Source, I play like shit. GO is much more close to 1.6 (lately, with the tagging release) than Source. And you have a casual mode on GO.

Still don't like CSGO.

Overwatch needs to be abolished, it's a flawed system that can never be perfected.

And simple things like having 2 seperate M4's, rather than just a detachable silencer. Same for the USP, which was replaced by the shitty P2000. And the TMP being made to the MP9, without a silencer.

Weapon changes which are pointless and stupid imho. 

I like the concept of some of what they added - molotovs etc, but the gun changes i mentioned, i do not like. 

And aye i am fully aware of the fact you can join regular servers, but since the competitive mode is there, i played it for a week and got banned because i hit Legendary Master Eagle within a week. I've been Overwatch banned for a year, and Valve has made it so all Overwatch bans that are a year long, or permanent Overwatch bans also turn into a VAC ban.

Still don't like CSGO.

Overwatch needs to be abolished, it's a flawed system that can never be perfected.

And simple things like having 2 seperate M4's, rather than just a detachable silencer. Same for the USP, which was replaced by the shitty P2000. And the TMP being made to the MP9, without a silencer.

Well I do understand. I think it's all right.

The last update gave a nice change to the game actually.

IT's always going to be problem with CS, some will hate few changes and some other won't.

I actually like the way the starter pistols work out. I also like the choice between the m4a4 and the m4a1-s. I think it adds a nice dynamic between more expensive and more rounds, and slightly cheaper with less rounds. The silenced thing is actually secondary to me. GO is good, 1.6 is great, and source sucks. There's a reason why pros never switched away from 1.6 until go came out. Source is just not as competitive as 1.6, yet GO is making it work.

I like GO but I wish 1.6 would be much more alive than its current state. Then it would still be the best imo. It has LEGENDARY gameplay

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M