Price of this?

Hello guys

It's been my all time dream to have a custom water loop in my PC. Lately I've been browsing the web for custom loops and ideas and stuff. Suddenly I came across the Bloody Angel mod, and wow... That thing looks so nice.

But my question is, how much would it cost me to get the following stuff: (The plan is to go with a white/black build or white/red)

- Case that will easily fit 2 rads and 1 reservoir

- Fittings and tubing for CPU/RAM/1GPU

- Very decent pump

- What else?

I'm a noob at custom water loops and all I know is EK water blocks, are these good? quality/price good?

fyi: This is a plan for the future, I am still going with my current build. Which I'm also going to upgrade next year. But the parts of that upgrade I can keep for a few more years so I don't need to spend money on that when/if I go custom water loop.

Also: I'm perfectly aware that custom water loops are purely for the looks and not for the performance. I actually prefer looks over performance.

Thanks guys :)

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Hello guys

It's been my all time dream to have a custom water loop in my PC. Lately I've been browsing the web for custom loops and ideas and stuff. Suddenly I came across the Bloody Angel mod, and wow... That thing looks so nice.

But my question is, how much would it cost me to get the following stuff: (The plan is to go with a white/black build or white/red)

- Case that will easily fit 2 rads and 1 reservoir

- Fittings and tubing for CPU/RAM/1GPU

- Very decent pump

- What else?

I'm a noob at custom water loops and all I know is EK water blocks, are these good? quality/price good?

fyi: This is a plan for the future, I am still going with my current build. Which I'm also going to upgrade next year. But the parts of that upgrade I can keep for a few more years so I don't need to spend money on that when/if I go custom water loop.

Also: I'm perfectly aware that custom water loops are purely for the looks and not for the performance. I actually prefer looks over performance.

Thanks guys :)

You're looking at $650>

Water cooling isn't only for aesthetics. Water cooling RAM on the other hand is. You're GPU and CPU will be able to reach higher, stabler overclocks and still be nice and cool provided you have adequate radiators to dissipate the heat.

EK waterblocks are nice and well built. Check my profile bio for some component recommendations.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I agree with Shaqo, if you really want your loop to look great, it'll cost quite a bit.

I think you got all the parts that you need. Don't forget your Biocide and coolant though. Often Distilled water and a silver kill coil works well, but if you are looking to maximize your looks, you may want to look into premixed coolants. I believe you should look at Mayhems brand coolants or dyes, as they are pretty high quality. Don't forget about fans for your radiators too.

EK Blocks are very well made in my opinion. They come with very clear instructions on how to install everything. But I am not as big of a fan on their looks. I like the looks of XSPC and Aquacomputer blocks. If you want to see more brands, I think the best thing you can do is to go to a site like FrozenCPU, and just browse through all the water blocks for say cpus, or gpus.

Also, if you really want to splurge, you can try going for a hardline set up. They seem to be getting more popular these days, and they do look very nice.

@yannickverc

Lets use frozen Cup's site

EK CPU block - EK supremacy elite = 127 USD

EK VGA Block - EK FC780 = $125 USD

EK D5 Pump Vario = $115-120 USD

EK Cool Stream 240 Rad = $60 USD

EK Cool Stream 420 Rad = 110 USD

EK Tube Res = $50 - 130

rigid tubing

Primochill PETG 4 x 36 inch clear 1/2 od tube = $11 usd

Primochill compatible fittings for the tube = $7 USD ea.

Flexi tubing

Fittings Compression type 3/8 - 1/2 = $7 USD

Primo Chill LRT Tubing 3/8 ID - 1/2OD = $25 USD for 3 Meters / 10 feet

Cheapest will be around the $660 USD Mark

Most expensive options, around the $830 USD Mark.

If you look at doing hard line but no bending, you'll need a stupid amount of fittings, so expect the price to sky rocket on this alone.

This also doesn't include fans of your choice either!!

Rather good case? well Phanteks build very good cases. Their Enthoo Pro, Primo, and Luxe are all very easy to build in. Corsiar Cases are not too bad either, However, I'd be looking and the 600 + cases there. Others really don't give you enough options for rad mounting. I've seen some good builds in NZXT cases too.

Enthoo Pro = 100USD

Enthoo Primo = 250 USD

NZXT Phantom 840 = 250

I would say around $1000 USD plus shipping.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

@yannickverc

Lets use frozen Cup's site

-snip- 

I would say around $1000 USD plus shipping.

Wow, that's a very detailed answer, thank you very much! I will be saving this topic to come back at this when I eventually buy all this. Thanks so much!

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Wow, that's a very detailed answer, thank you very much! I will be saving this topic to come back at this when I eventually buy all this. Thanks so much!

No problems at all. Its better to know straight up how much you need, than go in half blind like I did.

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.