Ubisoft goes full retard again!

Valyrian

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ubisoft-assassin-s-creed-unity-fps,27855.html

I hope copy pasting the full text is alright. I figured it'd be more convenient.

Is The Game Industry Dropping The 60 FPS Standard?

By Kevin ParrishOCTOBER 9, 2014 11:20 AM - Source: Techradar | B 79 COMMENTS

Nicolas Guérin, World Level Design Director on Assassin's Creed Unity, recently spoke with TechRadar about running the game at 30 frames per second. He said that part of the decision to lock the framerate had to do with giving the game a "cinematic gloss," which was already hard enough to emulate at 30 frames per second.

"At Ubisoft, for a long time we wanted to push 60 fps," Guérin admitted. "I don't think it was a good idea because you don't gain that much from 60 fps and it doesn't look like the real thing. It's a bit like The Hobbit movie, it looked really weird."

He also pointed to the Rachet and Clank series, which supposedly dropped the 60 frames per second standard. That said, he believes that the gaming industryicon1.png on a whole is dropping the mission to achieve 60 frames per second because it's twice as hard to achieve. And in terms of rendering quality of the picture and image, 60 frames per second isn't all that great, he indicated.

Alex Amancio, the game's Creative Director, also chimed in, saying that 60 frames per second is excellent for first-person shooters, but not all that great for action adventure titles. He added that 30 frames per second "feels better" and allows the developer to "push the limits of everything to the maximum."

"It's like when people start asking about resolution. Is it the number of the quality of the pixels that you want? If the game looks gorgeous, who cares about the number?" Amancio said.

News of the framerate lock arrives after Bethesda revealed a way for PCicon1.png gamers to alter the framerate in The Evil Within by using debug commands that can alter both the framerate and aspect ratio. However, the game, according to the companyicon1.png, was meant to be played at 30 frames per second and is locked at that rateicon1.png on the consoles.

Do we really need the game to run at 60 frames per second, or will 30 do just fine? Keeping a game at the 30 frames per second limit supposedly allows developers to cram more into each frame, which means better visuals for gamers.

As for Assassin's Creed Unity, it will be made available on Windows PCicon1.png, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 here in the United States on November 11.

Well I did a couple searches first and nothing popped up but whatever.

Well I did a couple searches first and nothing popped up but whatever.

Don't use the forum search bar cause it's broken af

Go on google and search "(what you're looking for) site:linustechtips.com"

"Rawr XD"

But still. 30FPS allows "More Detail In each frame"

That's some next level shit

"Rawr XD"

Again? I thought they were always full retard.

Driver: SF and FarCry 3 were epic though

"Rawr XD"

I believe you meant to say "That's some next level bullshit"

lol sarcasm

"Rawr XD"

not this again ubisoft -.-

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Or "The car is underpowered, so you can enjoy the countryside" 

Thankfully though, no matter how slow the car is going, what you're seeing doesn't get increasingly choppy and blurry.

hGk8xm3.jpg?1

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

He must have been speaking in regards to console gaming...that's the only way it still sorta makes sense