Microsoft Is Commited to Surface Line - New Surface On The Way.

GoodBytes

Thanks for making this post, glad to see evidence-based resistance to those stupid, inflammatory viewbait articles about "___________ is killing the ____________ due to ________." (Fill in the blanks and you too can write for these websites!  Citation not needed.)

I was about to jump on the Surface Pro bandwagon with the SP3, but I didn't have the budget.  Now I might as well wait.  The Surface Pro is a device that can only grow more and more capable with time.  Broadwell Surface Pro might be the one I eventually get for all my mobile needs, and Skylake Surface Pro should impress too.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

So by increase of sales, they actually sold 1 unit? 

Joking aside, I've only seen 1 Surface tablet in the wild. As I stroll through my local Best Buy, NOBODY is playing with the Surface, they're all at the Samsung booth or the iPad booth. Don't get me started on the pitiful Microsoft store at my mall which is actually only a wooden stand in the middle of a hallway. 

I just don't see the market for a tablet/PC. I view tablets as consumption devices, not creation devices. If I ever needed to be productive, I'd use a regular PC.

I honestly love my SP3, as a student it makes everything so much easier.

*No more needing to carry textbooks.

*Reading from it is awesome.

Plus there is still so much more I can do that I will need to transition to later on, such as note taking with it.  (Glad Goodbytes helped me see the potential of the surface line)

I've seen more students having the surface line lately at my college, so that shows a trend. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

I honestly love my SP3, as a student it makes everything so much easier.

*No more needing to carry textbooks.

*Reading from it is awesome.

Plus there is still so much more I can do that I will need to transition to later on, such as note taking with it.  (Glad Goodbytes helped me see the potential of the surface line)

I've seen more students having the surface line lately at my college, so that shows a trend. 

Woot! Glad I could help. :D

fyi: please one or two links is good enough no one have time for 9 links :)

Best ad ever! :D

post-5552-0-20580200-1412898626.png

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

right as i am thinking about getting a surface pro 3 for college, i see this thread. Well, i guess it is time to wait!

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

right as i am thinking about getting a surface pro 3 for college, i see this thread. Well, i guess it is time to wait!

Not sure if the next one is indeed the 4 as there is still the mini that might be released. 

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Depends on how patient you are. It is expected that the Pro 4 to be with Broadwell, Intel next gen CPU, which is expected to be end of the year. The problem that we don't know, is what variant it will be? If it's not Core M or U series, then you'll have to wait longer until either comes out. If you can wait, then I think it will be best. As the device will run cooler, faster, better, have fixes and improvement from the current new Pro 3 design, maybe even a second USB port especially if the Core M is made available to Microsoft, as it is far more compact, and longer battery life. That is the basic.

Who knows what else Microsoft will implement to make it better.

Depends on how patient you are. It is expected that the Pro 4 to be with Broadwell, Intel next gen CPU, which is expected to be end of the year. The problem that we don't know, is what variant it will be? If it's not Core M or U series, then you'll have to wait longer until either comes out. If you can wait, then I think it will be best. As the device will run cooler, faster, better, have fixes and improvement from the current new Pro 3 design, maybe even a second USB port especially if the Core M is made available to Microsoft, as it is far more compact, and longer battery life. That is the basic.

Who knows what else Microsoft will implement to make it better.

I'll probably wait. I currently have a laptop that I am using that works fine, its just a bit old and quite heavy which is why i want to upgrade. 

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz