Does Microsoft's naming scheme remind you of something?

PM97

Apparently it's because it was some huge step forward over Windows 8 or something along those lines. If I'm not mistaken, I think there's a genuine reason they went with Windows 10 over 9.

EDIT: I think it was because Windows 8.1 already appeared as Windows 9 or something, sorry this seems vague and stupid.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Copied straight from the reddit front page huh

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Reminds me of Nvidia lol. 800 desktop series? Nah man.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Apparently it's because it was some huge step forward over Windows 8 or something along those lines. If I'm not mistaken, I think there's a genuine reason they went with Windows 10 over 9.

EDIT: I think it was because Windows 8.1 already appeared as Windows 9 or something, sorry this seems vague and stupid.

the reason that actually makes sense is that software built for older versions of Windows would cause compatibility issues on Windows 95 and 98, so developers would add a line of code so the program will refuse to start on "Windows 9x" and Windows 9 would accidentally trigger that.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

the main reason was because they want and think windows 10 will be amazing and 10 sounds more finished and better than 9

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

the main reason was because they want and think windows 10 will be amazing and 10 sounds more finished and better than 9

It has to do with legacy software code 

I haven't seen this on reddit. This was something I just thought of. If it is a repost sorry. Regardless of how big of a leap in software is the naming scheme should be better. Something as simple as Windows 2015 would have been alright and not that easy to make fun of

The reason put forward by a guy who supposedly works at Microsoft is that a lot of legacy software checks for version Windows 9x which would be triggered by Windows 9. As opposed to pretty much everything else we've heard this actually makes sense and sounds very likely.

I haven't seen this on reddit. This was something I just thought of. If it is a repost sorry. Regardless of how big of a leap in software is the naming scheme should be better. Something as simple as Windows 2015 would have been alright and not that easy to make fun of

What they really should do is call it Windows and stop charging for updates. I think someone in the business already does that *hint* and it really works just wonderful.

beacuse 789 (hehehe)

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

It's because this is rumored to be the last windows version and 10>9

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it