15 year old kid spends more then 30K for an online F2P

Jerakl

U WOT M8.

I've spent some money on F2P's, but damn.....

Source:

http://kotaku.com/15-year-old-kid-spends-37-000-euros-on-gold-in-free-to-1642091831?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

The boy's mother says that he claims not to have known that he was spending real money.

Suuuuuure.

So as a result it's got people conerned about the marketting messages from "Free 2 play" games.

There's been recent concern about the messaging around in-app purchases in similar free-to-play games, which has led the European Commission to strongly recommend that apps built on the business model no longer call themselves 'free'. Google's App Store has changed its policies to fall in line with the new rules. While Apple hasn't followed suit, the company behind the iPhone and iPad has intervened in the past when kids have unwittingly made large in-app purchases. We've reached out to representatives for Machine Zone, the company that makes Game of War: Fire Age and will update this post if we hear back.

Thoughts?

inb4 WHAT THE HELL

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

this has been posted already , brb finding other thread

Ok, thanks for the info :)

once you link the thread I'll report this one asking for a mod to take it down.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I wish I created/ owned that game and I am glad I am not his parents...

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

I have online friends that play League of Legends and complain about sub 30FPS on low settings but spend already over 1000€ on Riot points so this is not really surprising for me.

Not too hard to believe, I dropped a fair bit of my pocket money on entropia back when I was a youngun. but damn...30k...his poor..poor...silly parents.

Was he being monitored? This usually happens with lack of supervision.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

I wish I created/ owned that game and I am glad I am not his parents...

Shit, I'm glad I'm not him either tbh :P He is in for a real bollocking.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Every day when I look at stuff like this happening. I Truely wonder how people like this are the fastest sperms.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

U WOT M8.

I've spent some money on F2P's, but damn.....

Source:

http://kotaku.com/15-year-old-kid-spends-37-000-euros-on-gold-in-free-to-1642091831?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Suuuuuure.

So as a result it's got people conerned about the marketting messages from "Free 2 play" games.

Thoughts?

inb4 WHAT THE HELL

Source: Kotaku,

Stopped reading there, I am sorry

I have online friends that play League of Legends and complain about sub 30FPS on low settings but spend already over 1000€ on Riot points so this is not really surprising for me.

You are lucky they are "only" Online friends. Those are my brother, cousins and friends. "I have bought basically every champion and almost every skin for those, but I can't afford 10-20 € for any real game..."

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

As in my previous thread, how the hell didn't anyone notice?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

The kid was clearly the tech nerd at the house, clearly understood how a credit card works, clearly linked it to his iTunes accounts yet he says he didn't know he was paying real money?

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Every day when I look at stuff like this happening. I Truely wonder how people like this are the fastest sperms.

It normally takes a few to get an egg fertilized. He was more like tenth.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

Shit, I'm glad I'm not him either tbh :P He is in for a real bollocking.

Oh yeah that is true...

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

The title says 37,000 Euro's. That's more than 30,000 USD.

Also that kid is lying through his teeth. Using his grandfathers credit card to buy in game gold. What the fuck did he think he was buying that gold with?

Pretty stupid to spend that much into an online game. You're basically exchanging real currency for virtual currency that you'll never get back. I could of bought a new Mustang GT for all that money...

my parents would tell me to fucking kill myself, let alone the fact that id put them in debt for some time, not over the house or anything, but a dumb fucking iphone game.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)