Best and Worst Optimized Titles ever

Ahmed Connor007

Sooo .. What Do you think about it ? .. Which is The Best .. and which is The Worst ?? 

Feel Free to say any game you think its the best/the worst optimized title :) 

Watch Dogs at launch was pretty bad.

However, Saints Row 2 is still poorly optimised and it's been years.

Compatible with Windows 95

Starfox, on NES

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

I feel like battlefield 4 is one of the better ones. I can run it at 1440p @ 80 fps on high with a single 770 and a i3

One of the worst ones would probably be Watch Dogs or Minecraft

Gtx iv but who gives a shit about it now. We are getting gta v.

I do.

How much in a day?

How much I give a shit about GTA IV in a day? Wth kind of question is that?

How much I give a shit about GTA IV in a day? Wth kind of question is that?

It's a special kind of question engulfed in time and space journey.

It's a special kind of question engulfed in time and space journey.

This made me laugh out loud.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

I would argue that BF4 is very well optimized, and that Arma 3 is pretty bad. Watchdogs at launch was horrendous and i finished it before the patch and never went back but i trust its better now. Meanwhile Arma 3 wont even max out the gpu most of the time which isnt good but it still looks amazing.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Dwarf Fortress. By far one of the most awesome game's out, is highly CPU intensive, only uses a single processing thread. The ArmA series is pretty garbage too. 

The worst optimized PC game IMO is Grand Theft Auto: IV.

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

BEST: Metal Gear Rising(At 1080p)

WORST: Watch Dogs

best- tomb raider, battlefield 4.

If You wanna go back in time ten years HL2 and doom 3 were brilliantly optimized. Looked better than all the other games and yet still ran smoothly.

worst- watchdogs, amazing spiderman 2, arma 3,

Best- BF3, Tomb Raider

Worst- GTA IV, MINECRAFT

GTX 670 user if anyone's interested as to what card am I using for compatibility with games.

PC in Profile

You haven't played Minecraft on a console if you mention it here...

I feel like battlefield 4 is one of the better ones. I can run it at 1440p @ 80 fps on high with a single 770 and a i3

One of the worst ones would probably be Watch Dogs or Minecraft

Oh god minecraft... The god of all horribly performing games.

The king of unoptimized must be Crysis 1. 

One of the best optimized had to be Half-Life 2. It ran on pretty much anything, and it looked amazing even on mid-tier systems.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Best. Glide. 3DFX Titles.  The wonders of a low level API. I will go with Starsiege Tribes seeing that game had better netcode than BF4 did and did on on freakin 56 k modems. It also had awesome jetpacks, played super fast and ran like a dream, had vehicles, and makes many modern FPS games look pitiful in comparison. I blame the console controller for some of that. FPS games have been heavily dumbed down and slowed down (which aggravates me more).

Worst? Pick a Ubisoft title. Not only do they horribly optimize PC ports, they seem to have an agenda with it. Add to that these are single player freakin games for the most part. Usually bad performance is limited to LARGE player count multiplayer games. Ubisoft somehow manages this crap with single player titles.

Best lately? Tomb Raider was pretty damn impressive. Single player games SHOULD run good though. I will go with World of Warcraft. Why? Cus that seems to be the only MMO which can have people on screen and not crawl to a halt. I don't know what wizardry Blizzard has that other companies don't but they have it figured out. 

Honorable mention? Duke Nukem 3D. That game ran pretty freakin great for it's time and had some pretty innovative stuff in it.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I think Crysis 3 is one of the best.

It doesn't run at 120fps, but it does produce the visuals to justify the framerate.

Importantly the frame delivery is silky smooth and consistent, you don't get stuttering and hiccups.